User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Sx Obsessions

Ginkgo

Default Sx Obsessions

The core characteristic of sx doms is that they are driven to develop 1-0n-1 relationships. Even though the sexual tendency is to be attracted to those you are sexually attracted to, sx instincts are also concerned with all other 1-0n-one relationships. I wonder if we could take this further and say that sx drives us to develop relationships with ideas, objects, causes, and other things - relationships that border on obsession or hobby. Do you think this is feasible? If it is, are our definitions of the sx drive too narrow?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

#1: attach and remove any mention of sx in their sig, contingent on how recently they've had sex with victor.

thinking of you

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    The core characteristic of sx doms is that they are driven to develop 1-0n-1 relationships. Even though the sexual tendency is to be attracted to those you are sexually attracted to, sx instincts are also concerned with all other 1-0n-one relationships. I wonder if we could take this further and say that sx drives us to develop relationships with ideas, objects, causes, and other things - relationships that border on obsession or hobby. Do you think this is feasible? If it is, are our definitions of the sx drive too narrow?
    Wow. This is really intuitive. I wonder if you are on to something here. I am extremely driven to become intimate with activities and ideas and objects that capture my attention and keep it. I wouldn't say I become expert because being expert means paying too much attention to detail and I haven't time for that. But I call myself a 'purist' when I am interested in something, or even someone. I like to trace back to its origins to become acquainted with it, work or study it to roll it around in my mind--applying my own twist or style to it, if necessary, and if it sticks I will pretty much do it forever. Some things don't stick. But if something does stick, it really sticks. Did I say 'stick' enough? freudian slip?

some things i'm very intimate with, as in need:

-my kids
    -knitting
    -making my own body care products
    -keeping chickens
    -fav coffee cup or two

and a few other things.

Is this attributable to sx dom ya think?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Wanting to develop a strong "interpersonal" one on one relationship with things they are attracted to in some way. It's like trying to achieve metaphorical orgasm all the time in life.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Ginkgo

Throughout my life, I've found ideas and things that I tended to practically plan my day around. Fixations etc.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Wow. This is really intuitive. I wonder if you are on to something here. I am extremely driven to become intimate with activities and ideas and objects that capture my attention and keep it. I wouldn't say I become expert because being expert means paying too much attention to detail and I haven't time for that. But I call myself a 'purist' when I am interested in something, or even someone. I like to trace back to its origins to become acquainted with it, work or study it to roll it around in my mind--applying my own twist or style to it, if necessary, and if it sticks I will pretty much do it forever. Some things don't stick. But if something does stick, it really sticks. Did I say 'stick' enough? freudian slip?

some things i'm very intimate with, as in need:

-my kids
    -knitting
    -making my own body care products
    -keeping chickens
    -fav coffee cup or two

and a few other things.

Is this attributable to sx dom ya think?
    Yes but it probably doesn't always hold true.

Do you think you go through phases of one focus after the next?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes, definitely. I've identified that I have a relationship with glam metal. I have a relationship with alcohol. I have a relationship with this forum lol; not necessarily anyone in it, but I feel when I'm talking that "the forum" is listening lol.... and I could go on. I think I create relationships with everything I touch. Not necessarily obsessions or hobbies with it.... but meaningful relationships.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Do you think you go through phases of one focus after the next?
    Totally, and I relate to what you said about "planning your day around" things. Shit got freaky when I had an eating disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think I create relationships with everything I touch. Not necessarily obsessions or hobbies with it.... but meaningful relationships.
    Yup.

That's what my Fi does I think. It's like I personify everything, and I really "see" it in my environment. Like everything I deal with, every object I touch I kind of... make my mark on it and/or have it make its mark on me, even non-physically.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think I create relationships with everything I touch. Not necessarily obsessions or hobbies with it.... but meaningful relationships.
    Yeah, totally. As a kid I'd feel bad about even tossing out a drawing of something cute (I'd cry over it, actually), like I was abandoning it, letting it down. I cried about a stuffed animal of mine my mom gave away for a good five years.

I relate to everything everyone is saying in this thread. Very well. At the moment I am trying to let go of my enneagram obsession/relationship but it's not easy. We've had a thing going for a couple of years now.

I'd say I can get obsessive, for sure. I have been about people (one person, especially), food, enneagram, this forum, exercise, rock climbing (but that was partially because the person I was obsessed with was into it and he lived far away so that way I could feel close to him), musicians, actors, my front yard, etc. Most of my obsessions aren't long term, and they are often over people and things that are not obtainable (but I am also a four).

I've never had problems with alcohol and drugs and I can't imagine becoming addicted to them, but I've definitely felt addicted to a person and to other things.

Yes I agree. I think there's this intense immediate feeling any time you're really into something you're doing. Like climbing for me. A rush of adrenaline, a sense of being a part something, moving over or around, reacting to obstacles but everything seeming almost natural, like this is what I was born to do. I had sort of always associated it with sx for some reason. That intensity I guess.

I believe @wolfy had talked about the idea of 'flow' before. Seems kind of similar to me.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.