First 2345 Last

Thread: Sx Obsessions

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Has anyone noticed that if you stare at colors you can see the elements in them? Like, that purple seems "black" to me. That white seems "warm". I do the same with words. Does that word stand alone? Has it ever? Can it? Does it need support?

I see these colors and "word meanings" in human beings too. Not sure how that translates.

My ENFP so/sx twin tells me that my obsessive love and pull toward detail and mastery of very specific knowledge would make her head explode.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Glycerine

@Domino: I am not SX but I totally have those moments. Some words have a certain feel to me. Is it the right word? Is it the right nuance? Sometimes, when I write, words just pop up even if I have rarely used the word in my speech and a lightbulb goes off. About the humans thing, it makes sense. some folks are dark and sinister, others are light and delicate and some are neon colored "full of life". I get vibes off of people in that way. I would say you are more bright colored to me.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I will absolutely dissect, pull apart, sift, pick, string, separate and explode something/someone that has drawn my attention. My perhaps obsessive drive to get at the pith of any object - the etymology of it, the genesis moment - extends to a great many things, like words, or feelings, or colors.

I'm daft as a brick about some things that may seem obvious to others, but what I do catch on to, I hold surely and take down to atoms. I think that has to do with my Ni following every strand of the spider web, my Fe need to soak it up and make the knowledge of it, the eureka, all and irrevocably *mine*.

My focus tends to go downward, quantum level, instead of upward, outward facing. Vulcan mind meld. I wish I could do that. Place my fingers on someone, something, and draw the essence of its pulse into me.

For better or worse, I won't stop until it's over, or unless someone snaps me out of it. I can disappear from sight for hours, days at a time. I don't consider myself a philosopher, but I do need to make contact within the circuit. I'm not a voyeur, I'm parasitic. *laughs*

All your base/knowledgez are belong to me (for now).
    Amen.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Wow, thanks for that. That's so totally my usual state...

My husband has gotten sick over the last three weeks, mysteriously severely can barely move ill. I'm pretty much non-stop researching/trying to figure it out. I very much get in this state of flow where nothing else exists but this problem I have to solve with all of the endless amounts of information I can get my hands on. Everything else (except caring for him) disappears from my consciousness- I have no idea what I'm doing physically a lot of the time, for example. He says I'm like I was when I was writing a novel- all I think about, all consuming. I get very obsessed about something, and I go as deep as I am capable. I think the fact that it's happening to my loved one compounds it to crazy levels as well. And it is as if I don't exist, or my ego evaporates...

Something I was thinking about- do you think sexual variant types are more likely to think of things in terms of 'relating'- I relate to that description, I relate to that person, etc. I always find myself using that word and feeling the relation.

That "flow" concept is interesting.

I suppose it's meant to express that feeling of overcoming your "default" state of being - everyone's personality "falls back" in a certain way, and "flow" is meant to express that feeling you get when you're able to get out of it.
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah, It does remind me of it. It has interested me for a long time and I have read a lot on it. Based some work on it too.
    What kind of work wolfy?

Another thing I thought of. When I'm creating something, it's almost like whatever I'm making is contributing as much to the process as I am. Like it halfway makes itself, and in some ways I'm almost obeying it.

The craft/product has a way that it wants to be and I have a sense of that, keep trying different things until I get it. It's a little bit thrilling for the process to narrow in on whatever it's going to be. Sometimes my vision for what I'm making is spot on from the beginning, sometimes the path diverges from where I started and I'm quite surprised by the results, but if I get myself in the right kind of mental state as I'm doing it, I'm usually pleased afterward with whatever it ends up as.

A really good understanding of the qualities of the materials helps of course, but the exploration of the materials can be a part of the process too - exploring can help to discover as well.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Something I was thinking about- do you think sexual variant types are more likely to think of things in terms of 'relating'- I relate to that description, I relate to that person, etc. I always find myself using that word and feeling the relation.
    And with the 'I relate thing'—yes? Kind of? When I'm trying to cobble together ideas, especially out of a lot of ideas, my first move is to separate them all into, 'Like' and 'don't like'. The stronger the attachment, the more impressive I feel the idea to be and/or the bigger part I feel that idea should play in whatever I'm creating.

Also, I agree with the flow thing.
    3 INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    What kind of work wolfy?
    English teaching. I had a concept of how to implement it in a gym environment too but it is still sitting as an idea.

Ginkgo

I'm actually a manticore sx. I take the best aspects of everyone I know, the lion, the scorpion, and the bat, to form a superbeing with the best aspects of all.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You left out hedgehogs.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic