• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Yet Another (!) Look at the Instincts

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^lol hands down :p

So, Mr. Mal, I read all descriptions in your link and figured out I'm Sx dom. But both Sx/Sp and Sx/So descriptions for the 7 type seem to fit. Now I need help lol Pleeeeease! How can I be sure?
(Ps. is it possible the instinctual types are just wrong in general? Who decided humans are divided like this anyway?)

Oscar Ichavo, the founder of the modern Enneagram, was also the founder of Instinctuals theory.

The Sx/So description at type 7 mentions that this stacking has "more dependency issues than the sexual/self-pres." So you're looking at a comparison here between stackings that you can't have both ways.

The pattern is that the Sp (secondary) creates less dependency on others than the So.

Funny, lately I've been thinking of changing my nym to Mr. Mal.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ ok, then I'm more inclined to go with Sx/So. Thank you for being so efficient, Mr Mal, I bow to your magnificientness.....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ ok, then I'm more inclined to go with Sx/So. Thank you for being so efficient, Mr Mal, I bow to your magnificientness.....

I bow to your original spelling abilities.

The stackings descriptions for a type can seem similar, but only because they are variations on a theme. So the same theme runs throughout the descriptions on a page and sometimes it's necessary to cross one's eyes in order to see the difference.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sp firsts have noticably more emotional boundaries than other subtypes. There is a subtle warmth and softness of the sp/sx for example, but very few people are truly "let in" as opposed to sx and so firsts. Sp/s- tend to give a lot of space and desire it in interpersonal dealings. You cannot push yourself into an sp/sx's zone, and generally they wont do that to you. Probably more than any other subtype, sp/sx's know from the very beginning how far you will be permitted to go with them, as a result of how much they like you as a person. This is usually decided within minutes of meeting a person. Generally sp's are the -natural- (from the very beginning) lonewolfs of the enneagram. Typically sp firsts see theirselves as very separate individuals.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

At a party, I will categorise you based on our first conversation, if not immediately. It only needs one comment from someone for them to move into the "Intriguing" category; likewise for the "Will never speak to again" category. In terms of being sp/sx, I suppose I look for people that can appear sexually intriguing while remaining within boundaries. I have always found women who are overtly sexual to be unseemly, like they are trying too hard. I find flirting far more satisfying when it takes place in allegorical terms (16th century style) or when it linguistically subverts perceived (and accepted) societal norms (19th century style). This makes it far more thrilling because, not only is the lady in question smart enough to allow this to happen, but also because it seems that something unspoken is being given voice in front of everyone without them realising.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oscar Ichavo, the founder of the modern Enneagram, was also the founder of Instinctuals theory.

The Sx/So description at type 7 mentions that this stacking has "more dependency issues than the sexual/self-pres." So you're looking at a comparison here between stackings that you can't have both ways.

The pattern is that the Sp (secondary) creates less dependency on others than the So.

Funny, lately I've been thinking of changing my nym to Mr. Mal.

right right...i guess as much as i tend to identify more with sp than so...i really most likey am sx/so i'm no lone wolf...i like to have a best friend person to go through life with...i'm sort of dependent a bit on a deep connection like that....lifes not fun unless it's shared to me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right right...i guess as much as i tend to identify more with sp than so...i really most likey am sx/so i'm no lone wolf...i like to have a best friend person to go through life with...i'm sort of dependent a bit on a deep connection like that....lifes not fun unless it's shared to me.

As an Sx-dom 5, I don't see things in the same light as you do - "fun." So Sx is going to have a different meaning for me. I do like to have that one special person to be with, I don't know why. The Sx/Sp stacking on ocean-moonshine translates so much better into my life than astrology (virgo/scorpio).

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
This of course has nothing to do with instinctuals, but with boundary theory of personality. You shouldn't confuse the two subjects.

"this has nothing to do with instinctuals" - I have directly related these boundary trends with the types in my post. I'm looking at correlation, not causation.

Prime example I used:

With sp/sx, you typically have someone who needs to bring other people into "their world". There's a lonerish tendency to the sp firsts that is distinct.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
^lol hands down :p

So, Mr. Mal, I read all descriptions in your link and figured out I'm Sx dom. But both Sx/Sp and Sx/So descriptions for the 7 type seem to fit. Now I need help lol Pleeeeease! How can I be sure?
(Ps. is it possible the instinctual types are just wrong in general? Who decided humans are divided like this anyway?)

All typologies are arbitrary.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"this has nothing to do with instinctuals" - I have directly related these boundary trends with the types in my post. I'm looking at correlation, not causation.

With sp/sx, you typically have someone who needs to bring other people into "their world". There's a lonerish tendency to the sp firsts that is distinct.

Ok, so it does have something to do with instinctuals. Let me keep researching this.

Mental boundaries, however, are a different and quite interesting theory. Some people are thin-skinned (sensitive), others are thick-skinned, some have dreams at night, others don't seem to.

I'm chatting online with a type 7 Sp-dom at the moment. Just saying.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an Sx-dom 5, I don't see things in the same light as you do - "fun." So Sx is going to have a different meaning for me. I do like to have that one special person to be with, I don't know why. The Sx/Sp stacking on ocean-moonshine translates so much better into my life than astrology (virgo/scorpio).

cool thanks..i've read those descriptions before and do relate more to the sx/sp. i don't know why this is such the issue for me. i totally can not settle on a fucking stacking...whhhy?? grr...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cool thanks..i've read those descriptions before and do relate more to the sx/sp. i don't know why this is such the issue for me. i totally can not settle on a fucking stacking...whhhy?? grr...

Perhaps because it changes.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh now that's confusing...wth do you meeeean??!!

wolfy

awsm

How much difference is there between sp/sx/so? I mean, really? For you? Not much for me. btw, your lips will stay like that if the wind changes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If you don't reply or mention me directly, I might not see your response for a long time. :O)

All it means is that instincts come and go.