User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 54

  1. #41
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    ^lol hands down :P

    So, Mr. Mal, I read all descriptions in your link and figured out I'm Sx dom. But both Sx/Sp and Sx/So descriptions for the 7 type seem to fit. Now I need help lol Pleeeeease! How can I be sure?
    (Ps. is it possible the instinctual types are just wrong in general? Who decided humans are divided like this anyway?)
    Oscar Ichavo, the founder of the modern Enneagram, was also the founder of Instinctuals theory.

    The Sx/So description at type 7 mentions that this stacking has "more dependency issues than the sexual/self-pres." So you're looking at a comparison here between stackings that you can't have both ways.

    The pattern is that the Sp (secondary) creates less dependency on others than the So.

    Funny, lately I've been thinking of changing my nym to Mr. Mal.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #42
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    ^ ok, then I'm more inclined to go with Sx/So. Thank you for being so efficient, Mr Mal, I bow to your magnificientness.....

  3. #43
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    ^ ok, then I'm more inclined to go with Sx/So. Thank you for being so efficient, Mr Mal, I bow to your magnificientness.....
    I bow to your original spelling abilities.

    The stackings descriptions for a type can seem similar, but only because they are variations on a theme. So the same theme runs throughout the descriptions on a page and sometimes it's necessary to cross one's eyes in order to see the difference.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #44
    Senior Member Adasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    Sp firsts have noticably more emotional boundaries than other subtypes. There is a subtle warmth and softness of the sp/sx for example, but very few people are truly "let in" as opposed to sx and so firsts. Sp/s- tend to give a lot of space and desire it in interpersonal dealings. You cannot push yourself into an sp/sx's zone, and generally they wont do that to you. Probably more than any other subtype, sp/sx's know from the very beginning how far you will be permitted to go with them, as a result of how much they like you as a person. This is usually decided within minutes of meeting a person. Generally sp's are the -natural- (from the very beginning) lonewolfs of the enneagram. Typically sp firsts see theirselves as very separate individuals.
    I'm inclined to agree with this.

    At a party, I will categorise you based on our first conversation, if not immediately. It only needs one comment from someone for them to move into the "Intriguing" category; likewise for the "Will never speak to again" category. In terms of being sp/sx, I suppose I look for people that can appear sexually intriguing while remaining within boundaries. I have always found women who are overtly sexual to be unseemly, like they are trying too hard. I find flirting far more satisfying when it takes place in allegorical terms (16th century style) or when it linguistically subverts perceived (and accepted) societal norms (19th century style). This makes it far more thrilling because, not only is the lady in question smart enough to allow this to happen, but also because it seems that something unspoken is being given voice in front of everyone without them realising.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

  5. #45
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Oscar Ichavo, the founder of the modern Enneagram, was also the founder of Instinctuals theory.

    The Sx/So description at type 7 mentions that this stacking has "more dependency issues than the sexual/self-pres." So you're looking at a comparison here between stackings that you can't have both ways.

    The pattern is that the Sp (secondary) creates less dependency on others than the So.

    Funny, lately I've been thinking of changing my nym to Mr. Mal.
    right right...i guess as much as i tend to identify more with sp than so...i really most likey am sx/so i'm no lone wolf...i like to have a best friend person to go through life with...i'm sort of dependent a bit on a deep connection like that....lifes not fun unless it's shared to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  6. #46
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    right right...i guess as much as i tend to identify more with sp than so...i really most likey am sx/so i'm no lone wolf...i like to have a best friend person to go through life with...i'm sort of dependent a bit on a deep connection like that....lifes not fun unless it's shared to me.
    As an Sx-dom 5, I don't see things in the same light as you do - "fun." So Sx is going to have a different meaning for me. I do like to have that one special person to be with, I don't know why. The Sx/Sp stacking on ocean-moonshine translates so much better into my life than astrology (virgo/scorpio).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    This of course has nothing to do with instinctuals, but with boundary theory of personality. You shouldn't confuse the two subjects.
    "this has nothing to do with instinctuals" - I have directly related these boundary trends with the types in my post. I'm looking at correlation, not causation.

    Prime example I used:

    With sp/sx, you typically have someone who needs to bring other people into "their world". There's a lonerish tendency to the sp firsts that is distinct.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    ^lol hands down :P

    So, Mr. Mal, I read all descriptions in your link and figured out I'm Sx dom. But both Sx/Sp and Sx/So descriptions for the 7 type seem to fit. Now I need help lol Pleeeeease! How can I be sure?
    (Ps. is it possible the instinctual types are just wrong in general? Who decided humans are divided like this anyway?)
    All typologies are arbitrary.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    "this has nothing to do with instinctuals" - I have directly related these boundary trends with the types in my post. I'm looking at correlation, not causation.

    With sp/sx, you typically have someone who needs to bring other people into "their world". There's a lonerish tendency to the sp firsts that is distinct.
    Ok, so it does have something to do with instinctuals. Let me keep researching this.

    Mental boundaries, however, are a different and quite interesting theory. Some people are thin-skinned (sensitive), others are thick-skinned, some have dreams at night, others don't seem to.

    I'm chatting online with a type 7 Sp-dom at the moment. Just saying.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #50
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    As an Sx-dom 5, I don't see things in the same light as you do - "fun." So Sx is going to have a different meaning for me. I do like to have that one special person to be with, I don't know why. The Sx/Sp stacking on ocean-moonshine translates so much better into my life than astrology (virgo/scorpio).
    cool thanks..i've read those descriptions before and do relate more to the sx/sp. i don't know why this is such the issue for me. i totally can not settle on a fucking stacking...whhhy?? grr...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. A simpler way to look at the cognitive functions
    By BlackCat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 03:48 PM
  2. Another way of looking at the attitudes (abstraction and empathy)
    By Eric B in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 10:42 PM
  3. [Inst] Another look at the instincts
    By VagrantFarce in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 03:46 PM
  4. "Look at the world from the plant's perspective"
    By Tantive in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 09:25 PM
  5. Another way of looking at the functions
    By VagrantFarce in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO