User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your instinctual stacking & social interaction tendency?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • so/sp - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • so/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • so/sp - I am mostly a loner

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

2 1.92%
  • so/sx - I am mostly a loner

5 4.81%
  • sp/so - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • sp/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

3 2.88%
  • sp/sp - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sp/sx - I have a clique

0 0%
  • sp/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

15 14.42%
  • sp/sx - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sx/so - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • sx/so - I am mostly a loner

6 5.77%
  • sx/sp - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

13 12.50%
  • sx/sp - I am mostly a loner

10 9.62%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Your social relationships & instinctual stacking

Choose your instinctual stacking type & social interaction tendency.
    Do you think there is a connection?
    If you feel between these categories or long to be in another, do you think it's due to any "push/pull" between your two main instincts?

*** option "sp/sp - I am mostly a loner" is supposed to be sp/so - oops!

Social interaction tendencies defined for the poll - choose the best fit:

I have a clique - Choose this if you have a group you regularly socialize with where most everyone is friends with everyone, and it's mostly the same crowd every time (family counts if it's group socializing). You identify these people as your group of friends, and other people identify you with them as a group. Choose this even if you have individual friendships too & sometimes do stuff on your own.

I have a few, individual, very close friendships - Choose this if you don't really socialize in any kind of clique, but regularly maintain a few, very close friendships with individuals, frequently hanging out or talking, often one-on-one (family members count). These friends don't necessarily know each other or have friendships with each other (but they may). Other people don't identify you as a group, but may associate you with one of these individuals (ie. the best friend joined at the hip). Choose this even if on occasion you socialize with a group & do stuff on your own.

I am mostly a loner - Choose this if you have very few close friends and mostly do stuff alone. You don't feel a tie to or a part of any social circle. Your few close friends are people you know are there for you & you for them, but you don't necessarily stay in regular contact. Other people don't identify you with anyone; they might even wonder who you do socialize with as you always appear alone. Choose this even if you associate with a group of casual acquaintances on occasion, have 1-2 close friends you talk to sometimes and/or a few, individual casual friends you socialize sometimes.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have a few, individual, very close friendships - Choose this if you don't really socialize in any kind of clique, but regularly maintain a few, very close friendships with individuals, frequently hanging out or talking, often one-on-one (family members count). These friends don't necessarily know each other or have friendships with each other (but they may). Other people don't identify you as a group, but may associate you with one of these individuals (ie. the best friend joined at the hip). Choose this even if on occasion you socialize with a group & do stuff on your own.
    This option, and I think I'm sp/sx. It seems like sp/sx is a bit of a conflicted stacking (but perhaps sx/sp is more so?) but it combines elements of being a loner and having a clique...at least that's how I see it.

It's interesting how differently people have perceived me. I met up a couple of years ago with a girl I used to live with and one of the first things she said was "so are you still a loner, or do you socialize more these days?". (she's not the most tactful, but anyway.) I was a bit more of a loner when she knew me but I also socialized quite a lot... Then there are the people who think I'm a total socialite, which is weird to me. Neither of those are true on their own but I have elemtns of both.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

I'd like to point out that self-preservation types aren't automatically loners - they can be as gregarious as anyone else.

Similarly, you can be a loner and still have a dominant social instinct.

It's better to consider where your attention is typically drawn to, on an immediate moment-to-moment level - thats a better indicator of your dominant instinct, in my opinion.
    Hello

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I'd like to point out that self-preservation types aren't automatically loners - they can be as gregarious as anyone else.

Similarly, you can be a loner and still have a dominant social instinct.
    This is why I made the poll. I want to see how many so-dom are loners and so on. I also want to see how people feel their instinctual stackings relate to this. For instance, if you're an so loner, is it because you define yourself as an outsider? That sort of thing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    GONE

Im not sure clique is really accurate. Im peripherally a member of a couple different "cliques" but more by virtue of my close friendships with one or two people or volunteer work. I get along well with the group though. Im so/sx.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is why I made the poll. I want to see how many so-dom are loners and so on. I also want to see how people feel their instinctual stackings relate to this. For instance, if you're an so loner, is it because you define yourself as an outsider? That sort of thing.
    Just so I don't seem like I'm poo-pooing everything, I'm definitely very cliquey. It's all about the group, babe.
    Hello

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i answered as an sx/sp but i'm a bit unsure of it. when i was younger and more social i had several big groups of friends. i guess that might fall under your clique category...but now especially since moving away from all of my friends i just have a few close ones....i prefer knowing a big group and being close with a few.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i prefer knowing a big group and being close with a few.
    I really feel quite similarly. While I have only a few friends who I'd call very close, I like knowing I have a bit of a network, including friends who aren't as close, and "good acquaintances."
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

brainheart

I chose the individual, close friends category even though I have serious loner tendencies, mainly because I have my long distance friend that I email with every day (and we completely geek out about how we're soul mates, and I gush about him to others I'm close to), and I have my husband, and I have my kids. I suppose my family could count as a clique, but we really don't do group stuff all that much. I have one close friend who lives in the same town as me, but we're busy so... I had a crew in high school and I'm still friends with most of them, but it's more a ' see you when I see you' sort of thing now, and it's typically one on one. Most of my interactions, even with family, is one on one. When I make a new friend I deem worthy of special friend status(which is rare) I get pretty goofy about it, like I'm falling in love.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Sp/Sx and somewhere between a few close friends and loner
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire