• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Your social relationships & instinctual stacking

What's your instinctual stacking & social interaction tendency?

• so/sp - I have a clique

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • so/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • so/sp - I am mostly a loner

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • so/sx - I have a clique

• so/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

• so/sx - I am mostly a loner

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • sp/so - I have a clique

• sp/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • sp/sp - I am mostly a loner

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • sp/sx - I have a clique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sp/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • sp/sx - I am mostly a loner

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • sx/so - I have a clique

• sx/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • sx/so - I am mostly a loner

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • sx/sp - I have a clique

• sx/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • sx/sp - I am mostly a loner

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I know, I get it, because I think all 6s seek to bond. I was just clarifying that it needn't be related to the social instinct in that way, or at least I think that was the original reason as to why I wrote what I did. I don't remember, too long time ago, lol.

Well, I decided to save A LOT of my most quotes for reviewing today instead of dealing with them when they were posted. :D

Violet Rose

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a social first loner. I'm very close with my family. I thought I was so last for a long time because I'm pretty introverted. I'd say I'm so/sx because I'm more synch flow in a way where I'm compelled to people. I'm very open with strangers and large groups of people when I'm around them, and seem to keep an eye on more social topics without actually wanting to join in. Social anxiety? There's more reasons I came to this decision, and I could still be wrong, but interesting thread. Evidently the Hippie movement is so/sx. It's kind of one of my favorite things. :)

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Choose your instinctual stacking type & social interaction tendency.
Do you think there is a connection?
If you feel between these categories or long to be in another, do you think it's due to any "push/pull" between your two main instincts?

I have a few, individual, very close friendships - Choose this if you don't really socialize in any kind of clique, but regularly maintain a few, very close friendships with individuals, frequently hanging out or talking, often one-on-one (family members count). These friends don't necessarily know each other or have friendships with each other (but they may). Other people don't identify you as a group, but may associate you with one of these individuals (ie. the best friend joined at the hip). Choose this even if on occasion you socialize with a group & do stuff on your own.

I am mostly a loner - Choose this if you have very few close friends and mostly do stuff alone. You don't feel a tie to or a part of any social circle. Your few close friends are people you know are there for you & you for them, but you don't necessarily stay in regular contact. Other people don't identify you with anyone; they might even wonder who you do socialize with as you always appear alone. Choose this even if you associate with a group of casual acquaintances on occasion, have 1-2 close friends you talk to sometimes and/or a few, individual casual friends you socialize sometimes.

I'm a loner, I do most things alone. Outside of having a couple of family members with whom I can spend time, I'd say I'm even more of a loner than the description here. I am extremely picky about whom I let into my life in the real world. I'm less picky online, but I ghost a lot of people, and even my closest and deepest online connections don't satisfy me enough because I crave something in person. I've never felt truly a part of any group I've stepped into, both on and outside of the internet.

The few very close friendships option would be ideal, and I'd love to have just one close relationship where I can really rely on the person and merge with them fully. I just never meet anyone who would be a good fit for me and has any interest in talking to me. I definitely do feel a push and pull between my two instincts. Most of the time, my self-preservation gets in the way of talking to anyone new.