User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your instinctual stacking & social interaction tendency?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • so/sp - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • so/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • so/sp - I am mostly a loner

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

2 1.92%
  • so/sx - I am mostly a loner

5 4.81%
  • sp/so - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • sp/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

3 2.88%
  • sp/sp - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sp/sx - I have a clique

0 0%
  • sp/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

15 14.42%
  • sp/sx - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sx/so - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • sx/so - I am mostly a loner

6 5.77%
  • sx/sp - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

13 12.50%
  • sx/sp - I am mostly a loner

10 9.62%
First 56789 Last

Loner.

Friendships are just too hard with my all/nothing mentality. So mostly I dont bother with them since I cant regulate that impulse to bond. Plenty of passing acquaintances but these arent people I'd confide in, Or soend more time than necessary with.

When I had friendships I was happier with arms length communication rather than hanging out. Hanging out always seemed to be fraught with too much anxiety. Better to communicate via writing when I had plenty of time think about what I was going to say.

When I have partners I rarely confide in them either. I prefer just spending time in each others company rather than needing to talk or do anything specific. Less messy that way, fewer things for me to apologise for later.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It's an interesting poll because I run into the problem where I become unsure how to place myself. Most of my relationships are built online so IRL I am a loner, pretty much the definition of one. I have had issues integrating myself into society since I was a child. I often find that it is very difficult to come across even just mere individuals that I click enough with so we can bond and call each other friends. It just never quite seems to happen and, as a result, I have become increasingly removed from real life social life to the point I don't talk to anyone or see anyone and this has remained very consistent ever since I was a child. Some psychologist I went to see for this problem thought I just had an avoidant attachment style but I felt he didn't get my problem - it's not that I can't speak to people see, but it's that when I speak to them it ends up becoming small talk and the whole, getting to know someone by asking shallow and dumb questions but it doesn't go anywhere beyond that. I am surprised whenever I run into people who do not clearly understand this, that I actually experience reality this way. They seem to think that it's sufficient to just talk to anyone and sooner or later you will find someone to get along with. Fuck, I wish it was that easy. And I can be very social and open, so I don't think that's the problem either. I just don't... click with most people. #sxdomproblems

While I do cultivate my relationships online, then, it becomes difficult to say whether I operate in a clique or just a few close relationships or still am a loner. I talk to a few people on a somewhat regular basis, I do enjoy talking to people, but I wouldn't say it's regular enough to call it a clique or even a few close and deep relationships because I am hesitant to call most of these people my friends though I guess we kind of are, but I have pretty high standards as to what constitutes a friend or not. The only person who I feel I have a very deep relationship with is my girlfriend. So ultimately, with all that said and done, I went with loner.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!
    Likes great_bay liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    It's an interesting poll because I run into the problem where I become unsure how to place myself.
    I had the same problem. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if this was a common social style for more active online socializers/forum posters
    Formerly Lion4!5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    I had the same problem. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if this was a common social style for more active online socializers/forum posters
    Are you Kollinhausin?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Are you Kollinhausin?
    Yes, what stuck out to connect the two?
    Formerly Lion4!5

your resident asshole

Does anyone have a good description of sp/so vs so/sp, particularly for an introvert? Sometimes, I think I might be so/sp, but so tends to be described in too much of an extraverted manner.

Either way, I voted sp/so loner. I've always been a loner and I always will be.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Does anyone have a good description of sp/so vs so/sp, particularly for an introvert? Sometimes, I think I might be so/sp, but so tends to be described in too much of an extraverted manner.

Either way, I voted sp/so loner. I've always been a loner and I always will be.
    I don't have one but I look at it this way:

sp/so will care for the self in social contexts largely before others.

so/sp will care for others in social contexts largely before the self.

It really doesn't have much to do with an introversion or extroversion access. Since you're a 6, and there will already be a heightened level of self-protection, an sp/so will pretty much take this to the full extent of the matter by putting the self as of prime importance.

It's helpful to look at the stacking along with the enneagram type to delinate which one it is if you're stuck on it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I don't have one but I look at it this way:

sp/so will care for the self in social contexts largely before others.

so/sp will care for others in social contexts largely before the self.
    This is a great explanation, thanks! Now the only thing is deciding between the two.

It really doesn't have much to do with an introversion or extroversion access...
    Right, though the websites I've come across tend to define them separately, making so sound far more extraverted than the others.

It's helpful to look at the stacking along with the enneagram type to delinate which one it is if you're stuck on it.
    Do you happen to know of any good websites that go in depth for wings and instinctual stackings for each type?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    This is a great explanation, thanks! Now the only thing is deciding between the two.

Right, though the websites I've come across tend to define them separately, making so sound far more extraverted than the others.

Do you happen to know of any good websites that go in depth for wings and instinctual stackings for each type?
    Not off the top of my head, no. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some sources. They do exist though as I recall reading them before. so/sp does sound extroverted stand alone, but it doesn't mean that it is. I mean, I am sp/so and that sounds pretty introverted, and I am definitely not an introvert.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

@DisneyGeek

The descriptions for Sx-last stackings tend to be a bit lacking. The problems you mentioned are just some of them. Laypeople also don't have a good read on what Sx-lasts look like and falsely attribute a lot of qualities to Sx. Jennifer Lawrence, for example, is a 6 Sp/So. She's got a lot of energy that could seem like Sx intensity but really is more diffuse. She's also a outspoken extrovert, which some will tell you doesn't really go with Sp - however the two qualities combined give a more private and reserved side to her. OTOH So is often characterized as being outgoing and sociable when it can also result in being anti-social, like me .

You have to think of your dominant instinct as your focus: the aspect you're most concerned about getting right (eg. if you worry about Social elements it might make you avoid people to spare yourself the troubles).

Here's so pages you could look at:
    https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/six-stacks/
    Enneagram Six Subtypes
    Enneagram Central - Self Preservation Six
    Enneagram Central - Subtype Six Social

If you want to discuss it further you could message me. I have more pages to suggest too.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes /DG/, SD45T-2 liked this post