User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your instinctual stacking & social interaction tendency?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • so/sp - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • so/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • so/sp - I am mostly a loner

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

2 1.92%
  • so/sx - I am mostly a loner

5 4.81%
  • sp/so - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • sp/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

3 2.88%
  • sp/sp - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sp/sx - I have a clique

0 0%
  • sp/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

15 14.42%
  • sp/sx - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sx/so - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • sx/so - I am mostly a loner

6 5.77%
  • sx/sp - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

13 12.50%
  • sx/sp - I am mostly a loner

10 9.62%
First 34567 Last

LadyLazarus

Sx/sp, loner; I have acquaintances but no one I'd actually consider my friend, usually you're just my acquaintance and if I'm not going to eventually marry you/ want to be in a relationship with you, I don't care enough to take it much further than that.

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

so/sp loner here. Being around people is hard work. It's even harder when you're aware of all the ways that you could potentially mess things up. There are people that I hang around with occasionally and I generally like to know what's going on with people, but for the most part I prefer keeping to myself.

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

so/sp here too. Similar to @Freesia. Though no real life friends, distant and cold I tell you. I just never initiate contact. Odd, because I still have such a mind for social dynamics and I probably know more than most others.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

NPcomplete

SP/SX - I do have few, individual, extremely close friendships. Some of them have heard of the others but haven't met them. The circles cannot intersect!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

So/Sx and I voted that I have a clique. Should clarify that by "clique", I mean, of the wide variety of friends I've met through meeting the friends of other friends, randomly chatting with people, etc -- similar to the process @Chanaynay brought up -- there are particular friends who I've hit it off with better, and who I've actively tried to adopt into a group*. Like others have mentioned, I'm a member of lots of different groups, and I befriend people in those groups easily, on a shallow level. I'm fine hanging out in those groups, even if I don't "click" with everyone there. However, given the choice, I'd rather it only be people who I really, really like.

There have been times when a potential friend's lack of interest in doing things with my group has hindered the development of our friendship. Also, my very closest friends are actually not in my clique at all, due to geographical distance. Then again, I befriended those people when they WERE part of my clique. So I think the only time I'm any good at non-clique friendships are when I've already become close enough to them that I'm willing to put in the extra effort.

*I've been told once or twice, in high school and early college, that people tend to notice this about me, and see it as being very picky about who my "chosen" friends are. The way they described it to me, made it sound like a serious and heavy thing -- not sure how I feel about that, because I usually try not to make it look like a huge deal, even though it is, internally.
    Last edited by EJCC; 04-06-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: clarification
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    So/Sx and I voted that I have a clique. Should clarify that by "clique", I mean, of the wide variety of friends I've met through meeting the friends of other friends, randomly chatting with people, etc -- similar to the process @Chanaynay brought up -- there are particular friends who I've hit it off with better, and who I've actively tried to adopt into a group. I'm fine hanging out in groups where I get along with even half of the people there, but given the choice, I'd rather it only be people who I really, really like.

There have been times when a potential friend's lack of interest in doing things with my group has hindered the development of our friendship. Also, my very closest friends are actually not in my clique at all, due to geographical distance. Then again, I befriended those people when they WERE part of my clique. So I think the only time I'm any good at non-clique friendships are when I've become close enough to them that I'm willing to put in the extra effort.
    I second pretty much all of this.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Soc/sx and... I don't know?

I spend the vast majority of my (non-work or school) time with my boyfriend. Then with my parents, and my brother and his girlfriend if they're home from college. Then with a little handful of friends from work and I occasionally volunteer with my sorority.

It's more like little handfuls of people than anything. I love being with a big group of family, but with friends I'd prefer being with a smaller group, or with just one friend. If I could arrange the world any way I wanted I'd be with lots of people I know all the time but only interact directly with them in little groups at a time, and periodically individually. And at work I love working closely with an individual for a short block of time.

So it's kind of hard for me to choose any of these options.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

recently figured out that I'm sp/so, and it seems to fit well after reflecting on it.

I have a clique, or rather, a naturally tendancy to find one or form one. I like having a group of people who are all well related to each other, and there's lot of activities we can do together. I actually feel rather uncomfortable 1 on 1 with someone the majority of the time (there's very few people I am ok with that with). When it's a group of 5 or more, I am way more relaxed and enjoy the atmosphere.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I have a lot of friends but I don't belong to anyone's clique and I don't have one of my own (because I moved around). Some of these friends I see more often and they're considered closer friends. Thus I voted the second option, I guess it's the closest to my current situation.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I actually feel rather uncomfortable 1 on 1 with someone the majority of the time (there's very few people I am ok with that with). When it's a group of 5 or more, I am way more relaxed and enjoy the atmosphere.
    ^ Wow, you have done it again, shocked me into interest!

I like learning this type of stuff about other people. It helps me understand where they're coming from. Even though I cannot relate. Like...at all. lol

For me:

I don't really care about cliques. As long as no one is left out I'm good.

I think just like my enneagram being equally 6 and 7, my first two instincts are almost equal in the amount that I use them.

I am always thinking about #1 (me) first, and then #2 (other person). I do not have the capacity to think about everyone all the time. #3, 4,5, etc fall by the waste side.

If I'm at a gathering, I would probably want to go around the room and have an intense conversation with each individual separately. I despise being in a group setting. There are too many variables, and trust goes out the window.

Also in larger social gatherings, it's harder to get to the nitty gritty of a subject without someone making a stupid joke or something...and then we go off on a damn tangent, in which we never come back to the first subject again. I hate that. Where's the substance in that?

I also don't like having to listen to someone boring. So I will start a convo with the person next to me, as long as I know that someone else is still listening to the boring person. I have been given some pretty dirty look when I've done that. I didn't know I was breaking a cardinal rule.

I just can't stand group settings where we all don't know each other in and out. I don't get how it's fun otherwise.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12