User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your instinctual stacking & social interaction tendency?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • so/sp - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • so/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • so/sp - I am mostly a loner

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • so/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

2 1.92%
  • so/sx - I am mostly a loner

5 4.81%
  • sp/so - I have a clique

2 1.92%
  • sp/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

3 2.88%
  • sp/sp - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sp/sx - I have a clique

0 0%
  • sp/sx - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

15 14.42%
  • sp/sx - I am mostly a loner

8 7.69%
  • sx/so - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/so - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

7 6.73%
  • sx/so - I am mostly a loner

6 5.77%
  • sx/sp - I have a clique

4 3.85%
  • sx/sp - I have a few, individual, very close friendships

13 12.50%
  • sx/sp - I am mostly a loner

10 9.62%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This is kind of an interesting thread.

I would say Sx/Sp and have a clique, though I don't really like cliques. I prefer "community".

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is why I made the poll. I want to see how many so-dom are loners and so on. I also want to see how people feel their instinctual stackings relate to this. For instance, if you're an so loner, is it because you define yourself as an outsider? That sort of thing.
    I'm a bit late to the discussion, obviously, but I voted sx/soc, loner.

Part of the problem is that a lot of people seem to think that stackings DO determine your sociability, making it tricky to really suss out what's going on. Based on my current understanding of the instincts, however, I see no reason to move off my self-typing: I'm clearly sx-first--I have such issues around this, I was in utter denial of them at first. I seem to be enthusiastic about relating to the larger social context, keeping up with current affairs, and watching the "zeitgeist" in the world and on little forums like this. I honestly am not motivated by money or establishing a foundation in life, so I don't see what else I'd be. (I sometimes kick around sx/sp since I spend SO MUCH TIME locked up in my apartment, but...)

I feel debilitating feelings of social isolation--I faced peer rejection as a kid and it became my permanent way of relating to others. I assume that's not instinct related.

What I think is instinct related is the way I choose to indulge the social--f'rinstance, in high school, I totally showed up everyone's social expectations. As I saw it, I was an outcast anyway, so there was nothing they could do to hurt me or my reputation. I'm not as bound to my outsider-status as a social-first might feel, but I was still aware enough of that dynamic that I manipulated it for fun.

I don't feel being sx/soc has had anything to do with me being a loner, actually. I feel that I became a loner in spite of being sx/soc, but the way it manifests for me (using that status for my own amusement) is indicative of the stacking in and of itself.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

When I voted I had my type incorrect.

I'm so-dom, and I've always been kind of a loner, but maybe it's more accurate to say I have a few close friendships, I just don't see these people very often (durr.. per definition in OP, I'm still a loner, lol). I think though that the distinction is that this bothers me at a somewhat intrinsic level, and I wouldn't say I'm 'content' or happy about it, like I imagine many non so's might be. I mean I know in junior high and high school I was extremely unhappy with my state of affairs, and I was NOT ok with being a loner. I just was one.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

In high school and college, I was close friends with a couple of people who were at the center of their cliques. So I became part of the cliques too, I guess, but I was also always in more than one clique as a result.

Every since I graduated, the few, close relationships model fits me better.

I don't know which option to click.

Oh, and I'm sp/sx.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Apparently I voted clique, back in the day, but, really, none of these options fit me.

I have several cliques, and always have, but I don't hang out with any of them all that regularly.

I have many close lifelong friends, some of whom were once in cliques with me, others not.

And, despite having the above, and what is actually a pretty robust social network...

...I actually spend far more time alone than I do with any of the above.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I chose "I have a few, individual very close friendships". I hung out with two groups in high school, then a couple of groups in college but it wasn't important to me. It was more of a thing of being in the same place at the same time. I dislike groups/cliques.
    I have three friends that live close to me that I see maybe a few times a month...it varies. I have three other friends that I am very close to that live cross country. Family, too.

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    In high school and college, I was close friends with a couple of people who were at the center of their cliques. So I became part of the cliques too, I guess, but I was also always in more than one clique as a result.

Every since I graduated, the few, close relationships model fits me better.

I don't know which option to click.

Oh, and I'm sp/sx.
    Twinsies!

I put few close friends apparently, and I'd still say that's pretty true.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

garbage

I am mostly a loner - Choose this if you have very few close friends and mostly do stuff alone. You don't feel a tie to or a part of any social circle. Your few close friends are people you know are there for you & you for them, but you don't necessarily stay in regular contact. Other people don't identify you with anyone; they might even wonder who you do socialize with as you always appear alone. Choose this even if you associate with a group of casual acquaintances on occasion, have 1-2 close friends you talk to sometimes and/or a few, individual casual friends you socialize sometimes.
    This whole definition fits very well, though I've gotta emphasize the bolded.

I'm comfortable with pretty big parties, too--and even hosting them--but I'm not close to many in attendance.

MBTI
    yupp

sp/sx I said I have a few close friends, really people I see all the time. I don't go out of my way to make friends,or put in the effort once we aren't really in eachother's life much to sustain the friendship. I'm just a likable person and they sort of happen. I'm very outta mind outta sight. Though i have two friends I talk to quite a bit (one in chicago and one in memphis)

this is my relationship to how i make friends

every time
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Not voting because none of the options fit. I don't have just a few close relationships; I have many. I don't have a clique; I know a lot of different groups of people to hang out with. Loner is definitely not an option.

How it works for me, specifically, is that I'll find people I'll enjoy talking to and start hanging out with them. Sometimes when we hang out they'll be doing something with their group of friends and invite me to join them. Then I become well-acquainted with all these other groups of people too, which is fine because yay more relationships! So as I meet more people individually I get to know a lot of different cliques. But then I build on each individual with the clique, so then the clique is then divided into a bunch of individual relationships. And then repeat. It's basically like a weird multiplication process.

So I can't vote that I have a clique, because I don't belong to one group of people. But I also can't vote for individual relationships because I have a lot more than the poll option says.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so