User Tag List

123 Last

Default Another look at the instincts

http://www.triunitytransformations.c...20Instinct.pdf

This should hopefully help some of you determine your dominant instinct.

Also, how do people who already think they know their dominant instinct feel about these descriptions?
    Hello

Glycerine

SP:I can be weird about losing/lending things... I can be particular about my "resources", finicky with my environment but could care less about preserving traditions, heirlooms, memories, family history. The past is the past, why be reminded of it?

I think all my instincts are weak. I guess Sp is the least weak though, and So and Sx seem practically nonexistent based on this pdf.

brainheart

According to this I'm sx/sp, although I don't relate to the leadership qualities at all, for any of them, really. I can see the sp coming up more as I get older. But creativity, having kids, bringing something out in to the world, all very important. I got married and had kids young and I've always had dreams of creating something important.

As far as the social goes, the only thing I'm good at is figuring out maps; I love going to a new city and figuring it out.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I find it kinda weird that, according to the pdf, there are no such things as sp/sx, sx/so or so/sp stackings...

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Interesting article to say the least; under this variation of the instincts I'd be sp/sx or sx/sp, although the notion that the primary instinct dictates the next two is nonsensical and only further limits it's ability to accurately type people.

Although, in realtion to the instincts in general, I always feel as though there's something missing, as though there either needs to be more instincts in total, or that the descriptions of them need to be broader as to ecompass more natural human behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Although, in realtion to the instincts in general, I always feel as though there's something missing, as though there either needs to be more instincts in total, or that the descriptions of them need to be broader as to ecompass more natural human behavior.
    I feel the same way. Sometimes I feel like I must have no instincts because none of them seem to fit me very well. I've wondered as well if there might be a fourth instinct that hasn't been thought of yet.

But I think if the instincts were made broader, it might make it harder to determine your variant because there would be so many more factors to consider, and that way no instinct would fit someone completely. It could end up where Sp = this, or this, or that, or some other thing, and you might only fit one or two of those but fit them really well, while you kinda sorta maybe fit all the parts of another instinct, so how do you tell which would be your dominant then? Well, it's actually already like that to some extent, but I think making them broader might make it worse, or at least it would for me. I feel like they're too broad already.

One thing that could maybe work is to split them up more, making more instincts that are narrower, or else have variations of the instincts. For example, there might be multiple variants of the social/navigation instinct: navigation (maps), social climber (status), social critic, follower, etc. That way, you could pick the variant of each instinct that fits you best to use in your stacking, and that could solve the issue mentioned in the previous paragraph. But then you might end up with another problem when more than one variant of the instinct fits you strongly, so I'm not sure how much this would help. I guess there are drawbacks either way, whether you expand or shrink the scope of the instincts.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Interesting article to say the least; under this variation of the instincts I'd be sp/sx or sx/sp, although the notion that the primary instinct dictates the next two is nonsensical and only further limits it's ability to accurately type people.

I agree with you here, SI. Especially since some descriptions kinda boil down to: Sp = cares about self, Sx = cares about a few and So = cares about others (not the PDF in question, though). It's the Fi/Fe spats all over again...

Also, I've yet to see an example of a Sx/Sp Type One that isn't unhealthy... Sx 1s in general are "pathologized" pretty often, I think.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I find that if I just go by the three words denoted by sp, sx, and so, I'm obviously very self-presevationist. But the more information I read about each of these in depth, the more I'm like "but no I'm very much not like 'sp' here, and very 'sx' here, but this 'so' part makes so much sense too!" With this slightly different system I might be slightly preservation overall, but the leadership applications for preservation aren't me in the slightest.... I still have strong tendencies towards creating awesome stuff and getting recognized for it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    http://www.triunitytransformations.c...20Instinct.pdf

This should hopefully help some of you determine your dominant instinct.

Also, how do people who already think they know their dominant instinct feel about these descriptions?
    I just know that I don't agree with any of them for me. Preserve: somewhat more than I used to, which I attribute to health issues. But before that came up, no. Navigate: My wife is the navigator, that way she gets the blame when we get lost. Transmit: I don't feel like that description at all.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”