User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Transmit: I don't feel like that description at all.
    You mistyped yourself, so it's normal.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You mistyped yourself, so it's normal.
    Troll. None of the instincts on the pdf have anything to do with our types. Try reading before opening your yap next time.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I feel the same way. Sometimes I feel like I must have no instincts because none of them seem to fit me very well. I've wondered as well if there might be a fourth instinct that hasn't been thought of yet.

But I think if the instincts were made broader, it might make it harder to determine your variant because there would be so many more factors to consider, and that way no instinct would fit someone completely. It could end up where Sp = this, or this, or that, or some other thing, and you might only fit one or two of those but fit them really well, while you kinda sorta maybe fit all the parts of another instinct, so how do you tell which would be your dominant then? Well, it's actually already like that to some extent, but I think making them broader might make it worse, or at least it would for me. I feel like they're too broad already.

One thing that could maybe work is to split them up more, making more instincts that are narrower, or else have variations of the instincts. For example, there might be multiple variants of the social/navigation instinct: navigation (maps), social climber (status), social critic, follower, etc. That way, you could pick the variant of each instinct that fits you best to use in your stacking, and that could solve the issue mentioned in the previous paragraph. But then you might end up with another problem when more than one variant of the instinct fits you strongly, so I'm not sure how much this would help. I guess there are drawbacks either way, whether you expand or shrink the scope of the instincts.
    The only solution to general descriptions of the three instincts would be to, as you mentioned, creat more instincts, with much more specific descriptions, or have certain subtypes, although I favor the notion of the former to the latter. Either way, there needs to be broad but few indicators, or specific but many indicators, this is true of all possible typology categories. Now as with the problem of individuals fitting several specific descriptions, I imagine that would be a problem much in the same way that everyone fits broad descriptions, but I think it would be far more rare, since people are far more likely to relate easily to vague personality indicators as opposed to very narrow ones. But negative aspects aside, I do think it is worthy of consideration as replacement to the current instinct system (not to mention that even numerous descriptions can be aligned in degress like the current stacking method).

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I agree with you here, SI. Especially since some descriptions kinda boil down to: Sp = cares about self, Sx = cares about a few and So = cares about others (not the PDF in question, though). It's the Fi/Fe spats all over again...

Also, I've yet to see an example of a Sx/Sp Type One that isn't unhealthy... Sx 1s in general are "pathologized" pretty often, I think.
    What I worry more is the narrow stereotypes associated with each type as opposed to the simplistic descriptions; the whole sp=self care/sx=passione for other/so=societal groups isn't as bad as the innacurate descriptions of this:

sp: consumerist safety obsessed sheep whom only care about living for its own sake.
    sx: worn out junkie rock stars who NEED sex, drugs, excitment, and are completely reckless.
    so: phony political nobodies who obsessively care about every tiny thing society related.

These negatively exaggerated stereotypical descriptions that I have seen may explain why some people have trouble relating to any of these types; it's because of innaccurate and poor information regarding the realistic classification of people. Case in point; like the negative 1 sx/sp descriptions that you mentioned.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Troll. None of the instincts on the pdf have anything to do with our types. Try reading before opening your yap next time.
    Is it an habit for you to say that the one who disagrees with you is a troll when you have not any argument?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Is it a habit for you to say that the one who disagrees with you is a troll when you have not any argument?
    Troll.

<PLONK>
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Troll.

<PLONK>
    apparently, yes.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Is it an habit for you to say that the one who disagrees with you is a troll when you have not any argument?
    Yes. Then he *plonks* you.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's how I understood it.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    and after he *plonks* you he tells you repeatedly and responds to some of your posts anyway, including some that weren't even addressed to him in unrelated threads.

Or maybe he only does that to people who remind him of his wife.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I agree with you here, SI. Especially since some descriptions kinda boil down to: Sp = cares about self, Sx = cares about a few and So = cares about others (not the PDF in question, though). It's the Fi/Fe spats all over again...

Also, I've yet to see an example of a Sx/Sp Type One that isn't unhealthy... Sx 1s in general are "pathologized" pretty often, I think.
    I feel like this sx description is actually pretty good, not pathologized at all.
    I agree with it. I've always thought I was sx but I'm actually in a healthy relationship (gasp) which threw me for a loop. The four sx tends to sound completely whack.