User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 132

  1. #31
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I only make efforts to argue with thoses who have interesting argument, thoughtful, and with some insight and true things even if i disagree with them. When the posts are just completely stupid, I just laugh at this. Your "evidence" are not. You simply say that Ayn Rand "has feelings", or "think" that. Problem is that, as I ever said, the instincts, by definition, are not emotional things coming from the heart, not cerebral things coming from the head, they are instinctive and come from the guts. And did Ayn Rand have sexual impulses wich came from the guts and lead her? Was she instinctively specialised in the sexual realm? Did she has the instinctive impulse to be sexual and attractive? Of course not.



    Immature 12 years old kid: "I don't get math, so, I think it's useless"
    Mal: "I don't get Enneagram, so I think it's a worthless way of typing"
    Is that how you FEEL?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #32
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Is that how you FEEL?
    is that all you have to answer.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #33
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    And if someone claims that this is still not good enough, all I can say is that it's WAY more than what you have. And if that's not good enough, nothing is, therefore instinctual stackings must be a worthless method of typing others.
    If someone is stubborn and doesn't know a person very well, I could see where you could see that. However, if a person and the theory are properly understood, then it makes for some worthy discussion.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  4. #34
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    is that all you have to answer.
    No, I pressed a combo key by mistake and somehow that sent the post too soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You simply say that Ayn Rand "has feelings", or "think" that. Problem is that, as I ever said, the instincts, by definition, are not emotional things coming from the heart, not cerebral things coming from the head, they are instinctive and come from the guts. And did Ayn Rand have sexual impulses wich came from the guts and lead her? Was she instinctively specialised in the sexual realm? Did she has the instinctive impulse to be sexual and attractive? Of course not.
    Ayn Rand exuded the kind of passionate energy that attracted 20,000 followers to her cult. All you have to do is read her life story. But even her novels exude the kind of energy I'm talking about, if that's all you want to focus on. There is more to the sexual instinct than the one thing you always bring up.

    The sexual instinct does not have to be "specialised in the sexual realm," whatever that means. And even Riso stated in Personality Types that having the sexual instinct does not imply one is sexy or physically attractive. Rand was neither, but she didn't have to be in order to attract 20,000 young students who became Randroids due to her influence. She had the 'sexual impulse' to attract a mate and then a lover - however, I don't see that as anything more than an ability that almost everybody has at least temporarily. I don't see "sexual impulse" as having anything to do with type.

    Read about the subject under discussion. Moreover, read an actual BOOK on the subject, as I have done many times. Ayn Rand was not the person you made her out to be.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #35
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    If someone is stubborn and doesn't know a person very well, I could see where you could see that. However, if a person and the theory are properly understood, then it makes for some worthy discussion.
    I AM seeking a worthy discussion, but I'm not finding it. If someone has evidence, and not mere assertions, that Rand was something other than Sx/So, I am all ears.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #36
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I AM seeking a worthy discussion, but I'm not finding it. If someone has evidence, and not mere assertions, that Rand was something other than Sx/So, I am all ears.
    I understand. All I'm basically saying is don't let one person influence you into thinking the whole theory is not credible. We don't want to making sweeping generalizations.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  7. #37
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Ayn Rand exuded the kind of passionate energy that attracted 20,000 followers to her cult.
    That's Social, the ability to make people join your social sphere, not Sexual, wich is the ability to turn you on.


    All you have to do is read her life story. But even her novels exude the kind of energy I'm talking about, if that's all you want to focus on. There is more to the sexual instinct than the one thing you always bring up.
    Same as the above.

    The sexual instinct does not have to be "specialised in the sexual realm," whatever that means.


    You're wrong.


    And even Riso stated in Personality Types that having the sexual instinct does not imply one is sexy or physically attractive.[
    Indeed, but in this case, the person is either driven to make considerable efforts to challenge her lack of desirability, iether lead to intimacy and intensity. Ayn Rand was excellent at endoctrinment and at creating a larger social sphere, but not at create intimacy.

    Rand was neither, but she didn't have to be in order to attract 20,000 young students who became Randroids due to her influence.
    Social.


    She had the 'sexual impulse' to attract a mate and then a lover
    When? She was not sexually engaging at all.

    however, I don't see that as anything more than an ability that almost everybody has at least temporarily.
    First, everybody has not that ability, second, when you are Sx, you don't want to have that ability temporarily, but perpetually.

    Read about the subject under discussion. Moreover, read an actual BOOK on the subject, as I have done many times.
    You don't know me and you don't anything about the degree of knowledge I have in Enneagram or about Ayn Rand. Stop to be ridiculous.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #38
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I AM seeking a worthy discussion, but I'm not finding it. If someone has evidence, and not mere assertions, that Rand was something other than Sx/So, I am all ears.
    Ayn Rand So/Sp: http://www.google.fr/search?tbm=isch...80l769l2.4l6l0

    Katharine Hepburn Sx/So: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&bi...0l0l0l0l0ll0l0

    The evidence: the erection I get watching the Katharine's page, and the absence of erection watchin Ayn Rand's page.

    End of the question.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #39

    Default

    There is only one post of posters in this thread. And a lot of posters just posting posts. More poster posts please.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=80:80

    soc/sp
    'This type is often the most comfortable in group settings, but tends to be a bit formal and awkward in one to one relations. This is the natural political type, affiliating themselves with groups or theories which best defend their social and material interests. They may lack warmth and individual identity and this could lead to problems in forming meaningful relationships outside of a shared social interest. The motivation for this type is to attain status within their chosen sphere - the "social climber."'

    Sentence one - Rand seemed comfortable in any social setting, whether in front of a group or one to one. She had no problem in a one-on-one conversation setting your bad premises aside.

    Sentence two - Rand did not affiliate herself with any groups or other theories, she was independent of them. She was a staunch individualist. Her school, started by Nathaniel Branden and not herself, became a cult because Rand exuded the kind of energy that attracted people to her.

    Sentence three - Rand lacked individual identity? Preposterous.

    Sentence four - Rand a "social climber"? Again, this is simply preposterous to anybody with even a superficial knowledge of Ayn Rand.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. [sx] Sx/So Motivational Posters
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 09:24 AM
  2. [so] Examples of the So/sp Sh*t eating grin
    By The Great One in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-19-2017, 10:16 AM
  3. [so] Are there so sp who arent capitalists?
    By Vilku in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 06:59 AM
  4. [so] So/Sx motivationals posters
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
  5. [so] the so/sp 5w4
    By sleuthiness in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO