User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 132

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The "individualist" simply disaproved when the school became to accept more diverse opinions and people who were notr strict followers oh her dogmas (including libertarians).



    Every people who have any taste in litterature agree that her ability to write a love story and introduce sensuality is terrible, and as moving as a DIY manual.

    Ayn Rand? Sx/So? Ayn Rand? Sexual energy!?

    Can any other real Sx come to rescue and laugh at this with me? Really it's awful.
    What do you know about Ayn Rand? Zero. You think you know something about her life and personality, but you obviously know absolutely nothing about the subject.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    From the Sx/So stacking, "May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it." Do you know that Ayn Rand had her own theory of sexual psychology that flies against the mainstream?

    I didn't think so.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_S...#Theory_of_sex
    And that's only one out of many descriptions that fit her to a Tee.

    http://famous-relationships.topsyner...Rand/Drive.asp
    "Her nature tends to be very sensual and Rand may irresistibly be attracted to someone, even if she knows that she or she is bad for her. Ayn Rand also has a tendency toward jealousy and possessiveness in her relationships, and unwillingness to grant her partners freedom to be themselves."

    Well looky looky - once again, someone offers EVIDENCE for a claim, while his opponent only offers a cartoon as "evidence."

    Grow up, kid.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I'm not sure why he needs to "grow up"...because he disagrees with you about Ayn Rand?

    I'm not surprised you like Ayn Rand, btw.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm not sure why he needs to "grow up"...because he disagrees with you about Ayn Rand?

    I'm not surprised you like Ayn Rand, btw.
    Observe the HUGE assumption you just made. Where do you get this from? Let me guess. I wrote above that I've argued about Rand on internet forums since 1998. However, that doesn't mean I argued FOR her. You see where assumptions get you, they make an ass out of you and umption. I also wrote that I've read all her works. However, that STILL doesn't mean I like her.

    Speed offers the forum a Simpson's cartoon instead of evidence of Rand's so-called "instinctive stacking." Next he'll claim that he "feels" he is right, and therefore I can't argue against his "feelings." However, I don't argue against feelings, I simply offer evidence that I have put energy into digging up. Going by feelings is sheer laziness since those occur effortlessly.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #25
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Then this leads me to conclude that instinctual stackings are a worthless way of typing. But I already knew that. You could say that not everybody who sits around pondering the mysteries of the universe is a type 5. Let's just throw away typology altogether.
    That's funny 'cause, I find the theory of instinct stacking to be more believable than the actual Enneagram itself (that is, when it is explained properly). I can see the instinct preference in some people almost immediately, but then there are some people like my dad (whom I've known since I was born) whom I've known for years and not know their Enneagram.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  6. #26
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    That's funny 'cause, I find the theory of instinct stacking to be more believable than the actual Enneagram itself (that is, when it is explained properly). I can see the instinct preference in some people almost immediately, but then there are some people like my dad (whom I've known since I was born) whom I've known for years and not know their Enneagram.
    your father is a blatant 3w2
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #27
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    your father is a blatant 3w2
    Not necessarily. I see 8, 1, and counterphobic 6 in him, as well.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  8. #28
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Not necessarily. I see 8, 1, and counterphobic 6 in him, as well.
    he is obsessed with...whatever, we can discuss this via message. it would be rude of me to divulge further publicly
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #29
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Speed offers the forum a Simpson's cartoon instead of evidence of Rand's so-called "instinctive stacking." Next he'll claim that he "feels" he is right, and therefore I can't argue against his "feelings." However, I don't argue against feelings, I simply offer evidence that I have put energy into digging up. Going by feelings is sheer laziness since those occur effortlessly.
    I only make efforts to argue with thoses who have interesting argument, thoughtful, and with some insight and true things even if i disagree with them. When the posts are just completely stupid, I just laugh at this. Your "evidence" are not. You simply say that Ayn Rand "has feelings", or "think" that. Problem is that, as I ever said, the instincts, by definition, are not emotional things coming from the heart, not cerebral things coming from the head, they are instinctive and come from the guts. And did Ayn Rand have sexual impulses wich came from the guts and lead her? Was she instinctively specialised in the sexual realm? Did she has the instinctive impulse to be sexual and attractive? Of course not.

    Then this leads me to conclude that instinctual stackings are a worthless way of typing. But I already knew that. You could say that not everybody who sits around pondering the mysteries of the universe is a type 5. Let's just throw away typology altogether.
    Immature 12 years old kid: "I don't get math, so, I think it's useless"
    Mal: "I don't get Enneagram, so I think it's a worthless way of typing"
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #30
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    That's funny 'cause, I find the theory of instinct stacking to be more believable than the actual Enneagram itself (that is, when it is explained properly). I can see the instinct preference in some people almost immediately,
    You've seen the instinctual preference of the moment. But that's not good enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    but then there are some people like my dad (whom I've known since I was born) whom I've known for years and not know their Enneagram.
    Well there you go. You have infinitely more knowledge of your dad than you have of, let's say, George W. Bush. I'm assuming Bush isn't your father.

    But from my online reading of these stackings theories, some types can occasionally appear as other types. For example, I read that the type 5 with Sp-dom can appear as Sx-dom when pursuing a relationship. Of course the more repressed instincts can come forward at certain times. And that's what makes the theory worthless for typing, if you don't know the person over the long run.

    However, I guarantee that I do know Ayn Rand better than anybody else on this forum. I may not have met her in person, but I've read descriptions from people who knew her intimately, and I conversed for years with a fellow who attended her 1960s lectures and also her workshop on epistemology. And if someone claims that this is still not good enough, all I can say is that it's WAY more than what you have. And if that's not good enough, nothing is, therefore instinctual stackings must be a worthless method of typing others.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. [sx] Sx/So Motivational Posters
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 09:24 AM
  2. [so] Examples of the So/sp Sh*t eating grin
    By The Great One in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-19-2017, 10:16 AM
  3. [so] Are there so sp who arent capitalists?
    By Vilku in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 06:59 AM
  4. [so] So/Sx motivationals posters
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
  5. [so] the so/sp 5w4
    By sleuthiness in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO