First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It was supposed to learn me something? I know all that.
    Then why did you write "The independance of objectivists could'nt match with the exigency for dogmatism and fidelity form Ayn Rand"? By the way, it's n't not 'nt. It's a contraction of "not," therefore the apostrophe stands for the omitted letter.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Then why did you write "The independance of objectivists could'nt match with the exigency for dogmatism and fidelity form Ayn Rand"?
    Because it's true. Every truly free-spirited objectivist finally leave the sect, Rothbard for example.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Because it's true. Every truly free-spirited objectivist finally leave the sect, Rothbard for example.
    The Rothbard thing occurred before the Great Schism. The movement could survive without that intellectual influence. It could not survive without the sexual romance between Rand and Branden. She was Sx-dom.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The Rothbard thing occurred before the Great Schism.
    It never came to your mind that the multiplication of theses sort of defection had something to do with the shism?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It never came to your mind that the multiplication of theses sort of defection have something to do with the shism?
    You're so on the ball here that you missed the edit I made to my last response.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The Rand movement did not split due to the multiplication of defections. The Great Schism occurred due to the break up of the romantic hero-worship relationship between Rand and Branden. The schisms which occurred later were [intellectual and] minor in comparison to that debacle. The Sx-dom aspect both made and broke the Movement. If anybody is So-dom, that would be Nathaniel Branden who wanted to start a school and an Objectivist movement which later became a personality-cult because of Rand's Sx-dom influence.

brainheart

I'd read all of this about ayn rand but I've already endured atlas shrugged, fountainhead, and a couple of her shorter propaganda tracts- I mean her, er, novels. What I will say about her writing- it's the most pedantic, unromantic, unliterary prose ever. She repeats her self ad infinitum, her characters... If I was ever forced to meet them I'd be inclined to knock their teeth out. Well... Howard roark was decent, fountain head had its moments.

What's stalin's instinct stacking? That's who she reminds me of.

Oh, and what you quoted mal, about the sexual instinct repulsing- no writer has repulsed me more, I'll give you that. There is nothing sexy (I'm just saying, not in regard to instinct) about that woman, as speed says, she has no clue how to write about love and sex.

brainheart

(also, I think katharine hepburn was one of the hottest, most vivacious women ever. She had real sexual energy. It's obvious to anyone who's watched her films from the forties.)

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The Rothbard thing occurred before the Great Schism. The movement could survive without that intellectual influence. It could not survive without the sexual romance between Rand and Branden. She was Sx-dom.
    She divorced, so she is Sx. Brillant. And she divorced because she was disatisfied in the relationship, proof that she was not that invested.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    (also, I think katharine hepburn was one of the hottest, most vivacious women ever. She had real sexual energy. It's obvious to anyone who's watched her films from the forties.)
    She may have been very sexual, but I personally don't find her attractive. I'm sure I'd find her body language very attractive, though, if I were to see her.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥