• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Sp/Sx or Sp/So

Sp/Sx or Sp/So

• Sp/Sx

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Sp/So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • So/Sp

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • So/Sx

• Sx/So

• Sx/Sp

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been absolutely certain about Sp/Sx for a while, but I'm starting to have my doubts again.

Sp/Sx
- communicating in a group is quite puzzling to me. I have to break it up into one-one communication or I just don't know what to do
- I have a very self absorbed, vampire-ish vibe that goes well with Sp/Sx
- I can be solitary for tremendous lengths of time without feeling the need to talk to anyone
- I feel no desire to fit in, much less am I willing to sacrifice for the sake of a group
- hierarchy is unnatural to me.
- I have a hard time keeping track of So things
- gossip
- email
- remembering parties, birthdays, etc
- keeping in touch with people
- intimacy, both sexual and non-sexual comes quite easily to me
- my style of dress is sensual, attention grabbing and often polarizing. the stereotype of the boring dressed Sp/So is hella not me
- group events like sports games, clubs and such make me thing "wtf do I do?" or "this is disgusting, how could so many people be persuaded to do this?"

Sp/So
- I don't speak like most Sp/Sx types at all. my speaking style is forward, assertive and high energy much of the time. when I'm in a high energy mood I sound kinda like a more subtle version of Stan from American Dad. most of the time I sound more like Brian from Family Guy
- when someone I care about dies, I usually don't feel very sad (indicative of sexual last perhaps?)
- I don't particular care that I am a social outcast, but I do notice it in the first place, this could indicate social second
- I can be kinda goofy, this doesn't seem to be present in Sp/Sx most of the time
- I used to be interested in politics. is this an So thing?
- I have this ability to get people to follow me that sorta puzzles me. however, I don't really know what to do with them once they do, so they end up leaving
- I can sit for hours and talk with someone I find interesting, albeit preferably if I know them well, and it usually takes me awhile to warm up before I know what to do

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the more I look at that list, the more I look So/Sx (God please don't let me be that!)

Silveresque

No desire to fit in sounds like So last to me. I'm supposedly So first, yet I can't stand groups, prefer one-on-one, am quite solitary, have no interest in gossip or politics, have trouble staying in touch with people, and cannot for the life of me remember names, faces, birthdays, who did what when, and all that stuff. The only thing that makes me So first is my focus on how much I don't fit in, and the fact that I worry far too much about what others think of me. So either I'm wrong about my variant, or desire to fit in is about the only thing that really matters for So, and if you don't have that at all, you're probably So last.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No desire to fit in sounds like So last to me. I'm supposedly So first, yet I can't stand groups, prefer one-on-one, am quite solitary, have no interest in gossip or politics, have trouble staying in touch with people, and cannot for the life of me remember names, faces, birthdays, who did what when, and all that stuff. The only thing that makes me So first is my focus on how much I don't fit in, and the fact that I worry far too much about what others think of me. So either I'm wrong about my variant, or desire to fit in is about the only thing that really matters for So, and if you don't have that at all, you're probably So last.

personally I think you're Sp/So. given your description here and previous information, Sp/So makes more sense than full on So dom.

Silveresque

personally I think you're Sp/So. given your description here and previous information, Sp/So makes more sense than full on So dom.

Yeah, you may be right. The problem is, how can I tell whether I'm an Sp/So or an So/Sp in withdrawn Sp mode? I can never seem to get my variant right. :(

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I checked Sp/Sx. I know a 7w6 Sp/Sx who is very assertive and streightworward, like parties a lot and is very gregarious and politically oriented (she's ENFJ an, as often with this type, is a charming proselyte), but she simply does'nt feel enlarged by the group, is strictly an individual and don't consider herself member of any "real" group. Plus she has a very strong and magnetic side.

By, the way, you are a 7w8 and not a 8w9 dude. Eventually 8w7.

(edit) Oh wait... You typed you as 6w7 Sx/So ??!!?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I checked Sp/Sx. I know a 7w6 Sp/Sx who is very assertive and streightworward, like parties a lot and is very gregarious and politically oriented (she's ENFJ an, as often with this type, is a charming proselyte), but she simply does'nt feel enlarged by the group, is strictly an individual and don't consider herself member of any "real" group. Plus she has a very strong and magnetic side.

By, the way, you are a 7w8 and not a 8w9 dude. Eventually 8w7.

(edit) Oh wait... You typed you as 6w7 Sx/So ??!!?

mostly as a joke :D
I watched all the videos of 6w7 Sx/So and I was like "damn, it might not be my type, but they sure as hell look like me"
PS: I related to most of the 8w9 videos too :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mostly as a joke :D
I watched all the videos of 6w7 Sx/So and I was like "damn, it might not be my type, but they sure as hell look like me"

Who look like you for example?

PS: I related to most of the 8w9 videos too :yes:

Hum, wich ones fro example?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who look like you for example?
Hum, wich ones fro example?

I related to several more of these, but from what I can remember
6w7: Lindsay Lohan, Lady Gaga, Amy Lee, Angelina Jolie, Ellen Degeneres
8w9: Charlton Heston, Jessye Norman, Glenn Close, Sean Penn, Anakin Skywalker
7w8: Jack Nicholson, Quentin Tarantino, Gambit, Ryan Gosling

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just out of curiousity, does anyone think I'm Sx? I'm pretty comfortable with Sp/Sx, but I see a little more flamboyant, in your face-ness in many of my interactions that's more Sx

A

Anew Leaf

just out of curiousity, does anyone think I'm Sx? I'm pretty comfortable with Sp/Sx, but I see a little more flamboyant, in your face-ness in many of my interactions that's more Sx

I would say SP/SX. From what you say, your highest goals seem to be being independent and free on your own. I am SX/SP. So I definitely relate to that need of being self-sufficient. I just feel like you express it more forcefully than I personally experience. I found this idea helpful: which one are you drawn to the most and which one sort of crops up to bug you? For me I am drawn to getting to know people one on one and in depth and getting that kind of connection with another human being. SP crops up to bug me at times to remind me that maybe I don't want to go out with friends because that costs money and what happens if the business goes under and I need this $100 to pay for food in 8 months? etc.

Hopefully this is helpful somehow for you.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say SP/SX. From what you say, your highest goals seem to be being independent and free on your own. I am SX/SP. So I definitely relate to that need of being self-sufficient. I just feel like you express it more forcefully than I personally experience. I found this idea helpful: which one are you drawn to the most and which one sort of crops up to bug you? For me I am drawn to getting to know people one on one and in depth and getting that kind of connection with another human being. SP crops up to bug me at times to remind me that maybe I don't want to go out with friends because that costs money and what happens if the business goes under and I need this $100 to pay for food in 8 months? etc.

Hopefully this is helpful somehow for you.

those were my thoughts :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I scored sp/so/sx on my last test.

More and more I see typing systems as very subjective and relative when talking about people who are really interested in growing.

Yesterday I gave some thought to the instinctual variants. I don't feel at ease being too well liked by people, because I like to feel like I stand for something. I don't like to get high on my own charisma, although it'd undeniably there. I don't like the feeling of being able to highly influence people on one-on-one...which I know I can.

The keyword for me has always been balance. So I like to think I have control over my instinctual variants.

As much as I hate to suffer I hate other people's suffering a lot more. This is a fact. But the way I see it one can only truly help others when he knows and is able to help himself. So for that reason, being a SP first makes sense to me. After that though, my commitment isn't with anyone person, because I don't like picking sides. So SO comes second for me. The most arbitrary form of love for me is the one that is focused on ONE person, ONE object. So naturally SX comes third for me.

But I've changed throughout time. It's all a matter of values. Specially if you have strong Fi like I do. As a 9, I can't hope for peace if I myself am not peaceful (SX) and if I were to choose between groups and individuals....I'd choose groups I guess. But I'm thorn between the too. Just like I'm torn between helping people by helping one person at a time or a lot at the same time in a group environment.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sx/Sp (gee, i guess it's in my sig)