• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Sp/sx versus sx/sp?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I for sure have the sx eyes... Insanely intense and kind of angry, very much like in those pictures. I feel like such an idiot but I really do relate to the sx the most, I just got so swept up in this whole social idea.... I feel like I often give off an sx/sp vibe more than sx/so but I relate to the sx and so individually more than the sp. But this thread seals it... I will never ever consider myself sp/sx ever again.

Otherwise... Hell, I don't know... I should probably give up.

tumblr_lftgnazRQ81qeecano1_500.jpg

battousai.jpg

rhettbutler.jpg

callas_1.jpg

images

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When I was younger, I didn't make much eye contact. Then, as I got out on my own and gained some confidence (and begin making eye contact), I realized that I had this ability to make people squirm with my eyes. It's like they don't know what to do and sometimes I even get the sense that it makes them uncomfortable, so I'll purposely look away occasionally (or often) to "put them at ease", I guess. Someone on the forums once said that when an sx gazes at you, it feels like they are "honing in on you" like a laser and that it can even feel intimidating at times. I don't want people to feel uncomfortable at all, but apparently it has this effect sometimes.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[youtube=BWOKtktYfP0]Thom Yorke 5w4 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=Wqzn9F0GI1o]Kurt Cobain 5w4 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

TY is very protective and projected inward and it's there that he takes his intensity, Kurt Cobain in comparaison has a strong presence, intense and more fantastic and marveled, exploring his vison outward, less the guy who linger on the inward. Both are driven to seek confort, but Sp/Sx is "I want to make me confortable", while Sx/Sp is "I make you and me confortable". Sx/Sp are a bit experience junky and have a sexy and flirtatious presentation, experiencer, shocking and iconoclast too, Sp/Sx are steady and somewhat austere, then a bit of intense, but less.

Other examples.

[youtube=EqMoUYddoF4]Bruce Willis 7w8 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=6tsGHkHYiKA]Jim Morrison 7w8 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Bruce Willis: cool and detached with a sexy side but not really intense and flitatous, more practical, reserved , epicurian but reasonable, with strong awareness of his material interest. Somewhat sociable and greagrious, unconplicated with his desires, but not exibitionish.

Jim Morrison: directly immersed in emotion and fantasy, intense and marveled, flirtatious, with clear exibitionish tendencies.

Also, see how they move their body, and their stance, Jim Morrison is very immersed in the interview, Bruce Willis is more remote.

[youtube=prZGEJ0rrhI]Corey Haim 6w7 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=PhK-gu_v4E8]Emma Stone 6w7 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Corey Haim: definetly have a strong Sx side since he was a sex-symbol in the 80s and do have some Sx presence, but is above all steady and reserved, not really enthusiastic about anything, some sort of apathy actually. Completely detached from the interviewer.

Emma Stone: completely different. Very intense, very immersed, very enthusiastic and passionate, immersed in the interview and friendly with the movie guy, like if they knew each others for years, stong reactions to compliment unlike Corey H. Sx is not a question since she is sexy as hell. The Sp-second is expressed in her leaning to not challenge the boundaries of what is reasonable and to get stregth from a steady stance and position. But with a true Sp/Sx like Corey Haim, you can see the big differences.

[youtube=-qSwvmzOG_0]Karl Lagerfeld 4w3 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=2etGt8FwoYE]Prince 4w3 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Karl Lagerfeld: gloomy and reserved, not interested with the interviewer but has a drive for fantasy.

Prince: strongly sensual and oriented to intimacy, seek confort a lot but definetly iconoclast with exbitionish tendencies and a drive for intensity.

[youtube=zzUrUNhIj4c]Ralph Nader 1w2 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=p124AsAJz8k]Diana Rigg 1w2 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Ralph Nader: austere and focused inward, with a connection with the person he's talking about, but not extreme or vreally intense.

Diana Rigg: Strong sexual presence, fantastic, sensual, intense, but not too crazy and with somewhat a sense of boundaries.

[youtube=YFchDm3u5B4]George Harrison 1w9 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=EWOPY9_QTTU]Meryl Streep 1w9 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

George Harrison: has a sexy and cheerful side but come first as steady, austere and reserved.
Meryl Streep: intensely involved. Sensual and fantastic, but a bit protective.

[youtube=fREjpeShur0]Kristen Stewart 6w5 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=ANJGTyZ6v_A]Mary Weiss 6w5 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Kristen Stewart: sexy but very harsh and reserved. A bit cheerful but above all steady and aware of her personal interest, strong sense of boundaries.
Mary Weiss: very intense, strong immersion in emotions and fantasy. Somewhat calm and reserved too but still have intense connection with what she does.

Often, Sx people are characteries by intense, wide opened, bright eyes.

Does it help?

A lot actually. Lol, the first thing I noticed about the sx/sps was that we had similar eyes and enthusiastic intensity. I'm pretty sure I'm sx/sp now.

wolfy

awsm
That eye thing, while pretty suspect is pretty interesting and seems to peg me as a sp dom.

B

brainheart

That eye thing, while pretty suspect is pretty interesting and seems to peg me as a sp dom.

Yeah, I agree. I was joking about that, typing myself according to eyes. But if you do watch all the videos, there is something... I guess it makes a lot of sense, esp the part about making the other person comfortable, getting them involved. With the sp/sx it seems like an interview. With the sx/sp it seems more like a conversation.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

in order
Beatrix Kiddo: INTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp
Battousai the Manslayer: INFP 9w1 Sx/So
Rhett Butler: ENTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp
Maria Callas: INFP 4w3 Sx/Sp
Linn Bergrenn: I?FP 9w1 Sx/Sp

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Kiddo cries in practically every film. She has strong attachments to Bill, even in the end. I don't see her as an 8. I see some strong 6 themes in her life.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kiddo cries in practically every film. She has strong attachments to Bill, even in the end. I don't see her as an 8. I see some strong 6 themes in her life.

what? how does crying make someone not an 8? you're saying it's impossible for an 8 to cry even when they think there child is dead and after they've killed someone that they truly care about?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I definitely relate to the inner conflict with these two instincts. I test very high on both SX and SP; usually within a few points of each other. It makes me wish I was predominantly one over the other so that I would feel more... consistent. I go from seeking out companionship to wanting to be alone on a boat in the middle of the pacific. Maybe I can find someone who won't mind bringing his own boat for when I want to push him overboard. :D

I can do an ad like this:

INFP seeks soulmate for life travel adventure. BYOB!

I find I tend to try and suppress my SP instincts to some extent. I think some of the worst things I have done to people in my life have almost all had to do with the SP side.

I am severely lacking in the social arena. I have always fought against what I am supposed to be doing, social etiquette, etc.

Just a few disjointed thoughts as I attempt to slog my way through ISTJ Land (accounting).

I think that's an indicator you're likely Sx/Sp. it seems like with Sp/Sx the Sp and Sx don't conflict as much as with Sx/Sp (perhaps Sx types as a whole are more conflicted)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i feel way more mild these days...less intense..so much so that i'm not relating to all this intense experience stuff...altho...if i thought about it it's there...but...i just had a conversation with my bf who is sx last and so first the other day about how someone i met had a total asexual vibe...ya know? like no sexual energy vibing off of him and he had no idea what i was talking about....for me...i'm constantly aware of it...from everyone...not in an interested sense...not because i care...but it's just there...i can feel the intensity in peoples energy and can feel others sexual energy...like...damn...i have no idea how to say it...but i thought it was just this way for everyone and he had no idea...couldn't tell me what someone elses sexual energy felt like at all...

does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Starry

i feel way more mild these days...less intense..so much so that i'm not relating to all this intense experience stuff...altho...if i thought about it it's there...but...i just had a conversation with my bf who is sx last and so first the other day about how someone i met had a total asexual vibe...ya know? like no sexual energy vibing off of him and he had no idea what i was talking about....for me...i'm constantly aware of it...from everyone...not in an interested sense...not because i care...but it's just there...i can feel the intensity in peoples energy and can feel others sexual energy...like...damn...i have no idea how to say it...but i thought it was just this way for everyone and he had no idea...couldn't tell me what someone elses sexual energy felt like at all...

does anyone know what i'm talking about?

I can't help but pick-up on other people's energy (I wish I could turn it off). But I don't know if I'm necessarily picking-up on their 'sexual energy'. I mean...what are you talking about here...like degrees of masculine vs feminine energy? Or understanding what they would be like in the sack by the vibes they are putting out (haha that kinda cracked me up to write that).

I definitely pick-up on masculine/feminine energy. And it is just that - energy. It has nothing to do with physical appearance or behavior (it is interesting how often the energy defies those physical/behavioral things). But maybe you are talking about something different.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes...just the energy...the flavor of it...not just sexual at all...but the fact that i met someone...someones husband that seemed completely lacking in that...it's odd and i feel bad having even said it now but...was referencing the convo really...that to me a sx dom its something thats always there and to him being sx last having no idea what sexual energy feels like...i sound like a creep haha but...maybe it's about sensing someones virility haha okay even more creepy...i'm just going to stop talking now i'm making it worse.. :/

Starry

yes...just the energy...the flavor of it...not just sexual at all...but the fact that i met someone...someones husband that seemed completely lacking in that...it's odd and i feel bad having even said it now but...was referencing the convo really...that to me a sx dom its something thats always there and to him being sx last having no idea what sexual energy feels like...i sound like a creep haha but...maybe it's about sensing someones virility haha okay even more creepy...i'm just going to stop talking now i'm making it worse.. :/

I think you actually-probably have a good point.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that i sound like a creep and am making it worse?! or that it's sensing someones virility...that's not at all thought out...i'm just saying that i'm aware of others energy and often feel that most men and a lot of women oooze sexual energy...not intentionally...it's their hormones maybe...haha...okay...yeah...nevermind...

Starry

that i sound like a creep and am making it worse?! or that it's sensing someones virility...that's not at all thought out...i'm just saying that i'm aware of others energy and often feel that most men and a lot of women oooze sexual energy...not intentionally...it's their hormones maybe...haha...okay...yeah...nevermind...

OMG NO! I don't think you sound like a creep! I didn't think what you described was even remotely creepy.
I was thinking it was actually a good example of how the sx first focus differs from others.