• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Which stackings = entrepreneurial mindset and why

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Figured I'd start a new thread instead of hijacking the "so" thread.

Which stackings would be the most entrepreneurial and risk-taking in nature. Things I've read have indicated that "sp/so" and "sx/so" are sometimes very entrepreneurial, possibly because they use "so" connections (people, networks) as leverage for their personal goals.

But, wouldn't it be true that sp's would be the ones most likely to seek out that steady paycheck so that they can make sure all their bills are paid each month, etc? The way I understood sp is that they WOULDN'T be risk takers - but, I do read some things talking about E8 sp/so's being very entrepreneurial, etc.

Yes, I completely understand that anyone can be an entrepreneur if they so desire. My question here is, how would sp, sx, and so play a role in being an entrepreneurial, risk taking type?

I suppose I'll get someone saying that being an entrepreneur isn't a risk at all - that it's actually the surest way to achieve financial freedom - and maybe that's the answer as to why sp's can be entrepreneurial in nature.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's more a question of motivation. Sp are entrepreneur because they like material activity and accumulate safety, So because they can extend themself toward their enterprise and employees and Sx because the intensity of enterprise attract them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Figured I'd start a new thread instead of hijacking the "so" thread.

Which stackings would be the most entrepreneurial and risk-taking in nature. Things I've read have indicated that "sp/so" and "sx/so" are sometimes very entrepreneurial, possibly because they use "so" connections (people, networks) as leverage for their personal goals.

But, wouldn't it be true that sp's would be the ones most likely to seek out that steady paycheck so that they can make sure all their bills are paid each month, etc? The way I understood sp is that they WOULDN'T be risk takers - but, I do read some things talking about E8 sp/so's being very entrepreneurial, etc.

Yes, I completely understand that anyone can be an entrepreneur if they so desire. My question here is, how would sp, sx, and so play a role in being an entrepreneurial, risk taking type?

I suppose I'll get someone saying that being an entrepreneur isn't a risk at all - that it's actually the surest way to achieve financial freedom - and maybe that's the answer as to why sp's can be entrepreneurial in nature.

well for one, entrepreneur =/= risk taker
entrepreneur = systems builder
sure, there are a few, small risks, but these are calculated and smart entrepreneurs make sure they have a viable system up and running before they quit their jobs (although you wouldn't believe the number of idiots who quit their job first)

Sp is the most entrepreneurial (Sp/So probably slightly more) the Self Preservation instinct cares the most about acquisition, wealth and comfort and is likely to enjoy the freedom involved in running their own company.

when Sx types are entrepreneurial, it's usually not in a traditional sense. for example, I would consider Peter Jackson to be a tremendously entrepreneurial personality along with many other directors. usually it's through finding their niche that they're passionate about and becoming a leader/innovator within that niche.

So entrepreneurs will probably be more geared towards starting up a consultancy firm or another sort of business model where building a list of customers/staying in contact is important.

enneagram wise, it's mostly 8s, 7s and 3s with a fair amount of 6s (least likely are probably 2 and 9)
on the internet there are a lot more 5s and 6s