User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Which stackings = entrepreneurial mindset and why

Figured I'd start a new thread instead of hijacking the "so" thread.

Which stackings would be the most entrepreneurial and risk-taking in nature. Things I've read have indicated that "sp/so" and "sx/so" are sometimes very entrepreneurial, possibly because they use "so" connections (people, networks) as leverage for their personal goals.

But, wouldn't it be true that sp's would be the ones most likely to seek out that steady paycheck so that they can make sure all their bills are paid each month, etc? The way I understood sp is that they WOULDN'T be risk takers - but, I do read some things talking about E8 sp/so's being very entrepreneurial, etc.

Yes, I completely understand that anyone can be an entrepreneur if they so desire. My question here is, how would sp, sx, and so play a role in being an entrepreneurial, risk taking type?

I suppose I'll get someone saying that being an entrepreneur isn't a risk at all - that it's actually the surest way to achieve financial freedom - and maybe that's the answer as to why sp's can be entrepreneurial in nature.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

It's more a question of motivation. Sp are entrepreneur because they like material activity and accumulate safety, So because they can extend themself toward their enterprise and employees and Sx because the intensity of enterprise attract them.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Figured I'd start a new thread instead of hijacking the "so" thread.

Which stackings would be the most entrepreneurial and risk-taking in nature. Things I've read have indicated that "sp/so" and "sx/so" are sometimes very entrepreneurial, possibly because they use "so" connections (people, networks) as leverage for their personal goals.

But, wouldn't it be true that sp's would be the ones most likely to seek out that steady paycheck so that they can make sure all their bills are paid each month, etc? The way I understood sp is that they WOULDN'T be risk takers - but, I do read some things talking about E8 sp/so's being very entrepreneurial, etc.

Yes, I completely understand that anyone can be an entrepreneur if they so desire. My question here is, how would sp, sx, and so play a role in being an entrepreneurial, risk taking type?

I suppose I'll get someone saying that being an entrepreneur isn't a risk at all - that it's actually the surest way to achieve financial freedom - and maybe that's the answer as to why sp's can be entrepreneurial in nature.

well for one, entrepreneur =/= risk taker
    entrepreneur = systems builder
    sure, there are a few, small risks, but these are calculated and smart entrepreneurs make sure they have a viable system up and running before they quit their jobs (although you wouldn't believe the number of idiots who quit their job first)

Sp is the most entrepreneurial (Sp/So probably slightly more) the Self Preservation instinct cares the most about acquisition, wealth and comfort and is likely to enjoy the freedom involved in running their own company.

when Sx types are entrepreneurial, it's usually not in a traditional sense. for example, I would consider Peter Jackson to be a tremendously entrepreneurial personality along with many other directors. usually it's through finding their niche that they're passionate about and becoming a leader/innovator within that niche.

So entrepreneurs will probably be more geared towards starting up a consultancy firm or another sort of business model where building a list of customers/staying in contact is important.

enneagram wise, it's mostly 8s, 7s and 3s with a fair amount of 6s (least likely are probably 2 and 9)
    on the internet there are a lot more 5s and 6s
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire