as I currently understand it, a more accurate name for the Social instinct would be the Networking instinct or group dynamic instinct. it seems to mostly deal with
- gathering and keeping track of large amounts of detailed information about a wide range of people
- keeping a mental book of social contacts
- understanding group social dynamics
- desiring to be a part of a larger group/organization
- natural tendency towards hierarchy
- wanting some form of status/recognition to secure one's place in the hierarchy
- keeping track of other people's relationships. who's dating who? who owes who money? who needs help? who can help me?
is this an accurate understanding or am I missing something?