• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts For Sx-second people...

gromit

likes this
How do you experience Sx? For me it can be with another person, a desire for that intensity of relationship. Confiding, talking about things we are passionate about, of course actual sex stuff (but don't we all want that?)

But equally or perhaps more often, it can be in a desire for an intensity of experience (while I feel at least somewhat safe or confident in myself/the situation), things like bike riding in traffic, being in waves in the ocean, immersing myself in the process of making something. I do feel an underlying desire to try things that are a little bit scary, for that exhileration. Pushing myself to see how far I can go at a physical activity, like running up stairs or hiking.

Was wondering what you guys relate to.

p.s. I am sp/sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- tend to evaluate people from a distance, then start to latch onto them once I've established that they're worthy of attention
- once you're in, you're in. I can be just as affectionate and intimate as an Sx dom, but it's focused on much fewer people
- try to dress in a way that is sensual and aesthetically pleasing
- try to avoid things that are turn offs, I hate killing sexual energy, even if it's with someone I'm not attracted to
- most of the time I'm calm, stable and level headed, but a few times a year I'll have emo periods that last about 3-7 days. during these times I feel very lonely and long for affectionate physical contact and emotional intimacy
- love to snuggle. hell, I like snuggling more than sex :D
- have a flair for the theatrical/dramatic. I tend to collect things that have personality and flamboyance
- I'm a singer, nuff said

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm SO primarily then SX

I used to think I was dead on SX

But after a convo with BlackCat and then reading more descriptions and ancedotes from SX primaries, I realized it didn't vibe with me as much as SO.

This about SO primary stood out to me "will notice the most powerful person in the room right away" and is basically very aware of unspoken power/social lines and codes, etc. I care about community standing, I've always volunteered to organize groups and outings since I was in highschool, I like bringing people together, dialogue -ing publicly, etc. This is probably why I have less of an ENFP edge (at least online?) in some ways because, how do I say this politely...I'm not as oblivious to group dynamics or my surroundings or my place in the group as Fi heavy people supposedly are supposed to be. :p

I'm SX secondary though because I do crave intensity and intimacy from a few select people. It is actually 'too much' for the general populace and probably frowned upon in general by society. It's almost like I want to suck someone in whole (I know, I know, the imagery). The reason I know I am SX secondary is because though it pains me, I understand this is a lot an too much for everyday living so I have learned to hold back and dole this out gradually. I think a true SX primary would be unable to alter.

Also, I am probably more interested in gathering a BREADTH of experiences and friends than an SX primary who is more interested in the depth of any single connection.

But yeah, I am intense. My desires are intense. My desire to intimately know some one is intense.

SO/SX go together very well, especially for a 7.