• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] You know you're an sx-dom when...

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Well I can agree with you on ENTP sx dom, but whether I am sx/sp or sx/so and whether I am 6w7 or 7w6 remains to be a mystery.

Starry

lots of interesting posts there starry! I'm a 729 also and like harmony n stuffs but the people close to me know that i'm not in any way conflict avoidant...

my bf is sp/sx and i'm sx/sp and i get upset with him for being passive aggressive and he gets upset with me for being aggressive aggressive ha

I think you may be biased because we share the same brain haha! I get the feeling you are the only other person on this site that knows how similar we are. Like, if I was in a better place in my life I wouldn’t come across as intensely as I do on the site. But I know you are not conflict avoidant. Again, I’m not sure if people here or people that encounter you in public would think that. I’m sure most people believe you spread sunshine wherever you go. And you do… but it’s funny… every once and a while I’ll be reading and/or watching some exchange between you and another forum person… And I can predict what will piss you off because it will be the same stuff that would piss me off. And I’ll think ‘Ooooo Lady X is not going to like that...’ And then you’ll be like ‘WTF man?’ And then I’ll think ‘Lady X did not like that.’ haha

Hmm, well I'm not sure if I completely agree with even the most counterphobic person there is on the scale, not even entering a state of fear. IMO all sixes have fears. I was counterphobic all the way throughout the past 20 + years of my life. But I was living in fear. I believe it's on such a subconcious level that the cp6 doesn't even look at themselves that way, nor do others. Because they really don't believe they're afraid. I have just woken up to my phobic side within the past year or two. And it's been pretty life shattering lmao. I'm afraid of everything, things I just didn't even know I feared. That's just my opinion though. It may very well be different for other 6's I guess. But I'm still always gonna argue that shit gets repressed in the subconcious and may never come out. Counterphobic imo is all an act. Trying to protect the poor soul inside.

I don't think that every cp is merely combative. I would say more rebellious. Which could lead to many behaviors not just combative.

You make a good point, but I want more :D What's a good example of a cp just coming right out and testing and a phobic testing but not knowing?

None of what you wrote above is in any kind of direct disagreement with what I said in spite of your indication otherwise. I never said that the fear wasn’t at the subconscious level…indeed I believe it is. I believe fear is at the subconscious and unconscious levels of every human alive tbh…but in this case we are specifically discussing what we understand to be the fears of the e6. <--Perhaps I should first ask you what is meant by ‘no one is purely counterphobic’…because I can see it no other way than to mean… ‘there are times when a counterphobic individual is consciously aware of how fearful they are/their (e6) fears…and may even be able to articulate/express feeling fearful during these times.’ Is that not accurate?

Because this is a thread on sexual variant dominance though…maybe you would find an e6 thread in which to answer this in? Just mention me and I’ll come find you. And I’ll respond to those other questions as well. Thanks so much Inari Love.

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Well I can agree with you on ENTP sx dom, but whether I am sx/sp or sx/so and whether I am 6w7 or 7w6 remains to be a mystery.

By agreeing with approximately half of what you want to/do believe about yourself…I totally increased my ‘agreement rate!’ So awesome. I’m going to do this more often.

Starry

I call you the haha twins

Oh God I know it's so bad. Most of my posting time consists of editing the hell out of my posts after I've posted them...and I usually end up removing a bunch of hahas...like when I've put so many in I'm starting to seem creepily intoxicated. I know I should be repping this...and I should also be repping that I don't really know what is meant by that specific emoticon that you used so I didn't really know what to say in response but oh well <--wait for it ........................................................................................................................................haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hahaha!! oh starry how i love thee! haha you're exactly right and that's freakin hysterical actually. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh God I know it's so bad. Most of my posting time consists of editing the hell out of my posts after I've posted them...and I usually end up removing a bunch of hahas...like when I've put so many in I'm starting to seem creepily intoxicated. I know I should be repping this...and I should also be repping that I don't really know what is meant by that specific emoticon that you used so I didn't really know what to say in response but oh well <--wait for it ........................................................................................................................................haha

oh god... (refraining) i rarely edit but when i do it's mostly removing the haha's too!! i don't even think about it! it's just that i'm so laughy and am often saying things as i'm laughing and the hahas really do make sense...to me..

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
[to try to rerail this thread which seems to have long been derailed...]

...when you post heartfelt image/music video responses to posts that sp doms would likely find innocuous.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

hahaha!! oh starry how i love thee! haha you're exactly right and that's freakin hysterical actually. :D

I'm gonna make a thread on this. I think I'm going to invite you both.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
From what I can gather, being an sx dom isn't some subtle thing that requires a ton thought to figure out.

It can be like getting hit over the head with a hammer.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
after reading through this thread again, I agree with all of your posts (except for a few that seemed Sx/So rather than Sx dom in general)

a few more (most of them a bit Id biased)
you know you're Sx dom when
- your energy overtakes the room when you walk in, even when you're not trying to (unless you're an 8, in which case it might even if you aren't Sx dom)
- if you are attracted to someone, your natural inclination is to pursue them like prey and not give a shit about either rejection or consequences
- when drunk or too tired to have full control of your inhibitions, you become excessively flirty and possibly perverted
- (if you are a 7, 8w7, 3 or 2w3) you look at celebrities and think they're normal people
- you feel tremendous pressure to maintain sexual desirability, not feeling like you are good looking enough until you are at least in the top 10% of most attractive people.

Sx/Sp specifically
- you alternate between being locked on like a hawk and a outwardly reserved demeanor that gives people the impression of being "pressurized"
- you can play the Sp game, get a stable job, be polite and get your work done in a competent manner, but, underneath, you know you're not really civilized and that you are actually a freak.
- when you go to clubs alone and people ask you "aren't you here with your friends" and you respond "dance with friends? I'm here to catch some goddamn prey!"
- your eyes emit a dramatic, laser-like energy that dissects the person's soul. sort of like this
hbgif_4.gif

S

Stansmith

When it looks like you have an extremely vibrant social life, yet you only have like, one close friend.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
- if you are attracted to someone, your natural inclination is to pursue them like prey and not give a shit about either rejection or consequences
- when drunk or too tired to have full control of your inhibitions, you become excessively flirty and possibly perverted

I disagree with this. I think that many sx doms hesitate to approach a potential mate because they are afraid of rejection. This goes especially for sx doms with low self esteem.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
I disagree with this. I think that many sx doms hesitate to approach a potential mate because they are afraid of rejection. This goes especially for sx doms with low self esteem.

ok, maybe they will give a shit, but it doesn't change the impulse. having talked to you on the phone at length, you display these two traits in spades