• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] You know you're an sx-dom when...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha i do but i have no idea if it means anything at all.

Twenty years ago I read something that links iNtuition with the love of weather and raging storms, but I don't know if it's true.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How dare he speak the truth. How dare he.

it's not the truth. it's his opinion and him having one and stating it doesn't bother me in the slightest but his telling me or anyone else to stop talking about this or that pisses me off.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm....I thought I was Sx first but reading this thread has made me question that.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm....I thought I was Sx first but reading this thread has made me question that.

what's your enneagram? some instinct variant/enneagram combinations are easily mistaken. for instance, 4w3s tend to look Sx, 5w4s tend to look Sp and 7w6s tend to look So.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what's your enneagram? some instinct variant/enneagram combinations are easily mistaken. for instance, 4w3s tend to look Sx, 5w4s tend to look Sp and 7w6s tend to look So.

I think I might be 9w1. Does that mean that the enneagram types you named can't or won't ever be the instinct variants you listed?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I might be 9w1. Does that mean that the enneagram types you named can't or won't ever be the instinct variants you listed?

My impression is that you are So/Sx, Giggly. Maybe a 2.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

no, they just won't LOOK like that instinct variant as much. for instance 3w2s look more social as a whole than 4w5s

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I think you're a 2w1

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

I encountered this thread yesterday when I was doing a google search. Anyway, I will get straight to the point: I’ve been interacting with a lot sx doms lately and I’m starting to consider the possibility that I may be an sx dom for the following reasons…

1. It’s like all that I do in life is search for a mate. When I first enter a room, it seems like the first thing that always notice is the attractive women. Also, when striking up a conversation with these women there are some women that I just “vibe” with and some that I don’t. It seems like I can tell if I have any type of chemistry with a woman in literally a matter of minutes. Also, if I do vibe with them, I generally want to get as close to that particular woman as I can as fast as possible and often do so unconsciously.
2. I’m literally obsessed with my sexual appearance, and it’s very important to me in life. I’m not concerned with my appearance for social reasons of prestige, but more because I’m always trying to attract a mate. I also constantly fear getting hurt by things, but what’s strange is that I’m more afraid of getting in a freak accident and getting disfigured than I am of actually being physically hurt or killed.
3. I get close to a woman VERY easily. Let’s put it this way: I once met a woman on personalitycafe and chatted with her on the phone for months. The woman lived way on the other side of the country, but I chatted with her every night for literally 5 hours EVERY single night for a month and a half straight. I never even met the girl in real life, but I was just so obsessed with her and her with me. She was literally all that I could think of. Sadly it didn’t work out and we never really got to see each other. However, I have never felt so alive in my life. Of course, I’ve had other relationships in my life but I just stated this example to illustrate a point.
4. I tend to attract sx doms and it seems like I can’t get with anything other than another sx dom because otherwise the bond between us isn’t strong enough.
5. I will mention thought that if I am an Sx dom then I am probably sx/sp. I am also very obsessed with money and with my health. I hate to have any health problems what-so-ever and they drive me nuts. I also go nuts when I don’t have money.

The only thing that confuses me is that I would like to know what sx doms mean by intensity? If by intensity, you mean passion than I would say that I’m an intense person

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem so-dom to me, tbh. The first thing I tend to notice about you is your wish to belong on this forum, and find a place within the group. You're quite peace-loving for an entp and you like people being civil, getting along and giving each other the appropriate amount of space.

Then again, I could be wrong, as I dont know you that well :shrug:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To be honest now I am questioning my own instincts! :laugh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All this talk about sex and being sx is confusing to me. It's never about sex. At least, that isnt the driving force behind any sx dom. It's about intensity of attraction. A palpable energy that the sx dom feels. It's not always physical. In fact, sx doms can be very weird with who they are attracted to.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
material things definitely aren't my main focus, but nothing makes you appreciate money and things more than having to go without. people who say money doesn't matter to them probably haven't been poor.i do have a bad tendency of judging people for how they spend their money, because i can always see a million better, more exciting uses for it. i'm super broke and wasted money upsets me :(
^this

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You seem so-dom to me, tbh. The first thing I tend to notice about you is your wish to belong on this forum, and find a place within the group. You're quite peace-loving for an entp and you like people being civil, getting along and giving each other the appropriate amount of space.

Then again, I could be wrong, as I dont know you that well :shrug:

Yeah, but I clearly use Ti<Fe. I'm very aware that I outwardly look like a feeler though.

To be honest now I am questioning my own instincts! :laugh:

Why what do you now think that you are?

All this talk about sex and being sx is confusing to me. It's never about sex. At least, that isnt the driving force behind any sx dom. It's about intensity of attraction. A palpable energy that the sx dom feels. It's not always physical. In fact, sx doms can be very weird with who they are attracted to.

Right I'm very aware of this. However, I rarely hear the sx lasts talking about intimacy, closeness, relationships, etc. It seems like those play last fiddle to them.

Exactly I wasn't very into money at first, but after being poor for a number of years now, I AM VERY INTO MONEY!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Look, as an sx-dom myself, I very much am focused on who is packing the juice in a place. Who catches my eye, attracts my attention, in whatever way - be it sexual or otherwise. Who is intriguing, who is...different and who is drawing me in. Meanwhile, I'm very aware of how others respond to me, and I know instinctively when I'm being hunted in a similar fashion - that is, if I'm not distracted elsewhere. The push and pulll between me and others, the cat and mouse games that can come with it, the need for connecting with others and figuring out what makes them tick and what makes them special, it is all part of what makes me sx-dom.

I do this in all my relationships. In fact, this is just how I relate to others. Sure, I'll use it to hunt sexually for what I need, and even for what I want romantically, but I'll also use it in friendships, in inspiring others, in persuading them, in navigating society, hell, I even use it to problem solve, as I usually know *someone* who can help me out if I don't know how to figure it out myself, and I tend to be able to find out what they need to be motivated to help me out here.

The intensity they talk about when it comes to sx-doms comes from that obsession with 'connection'. The need to merge with others, to look inside other people's skull and see what makes them tick, for whatever reason. I personally enjoy the feeling of merging, but Ive known NT sx-doms who just want to find out what's inside someone elses head and what makes them good at what they do - possibly so they can acquire the skill themselves. It is an intense one-on-one feeling which often is characterised by that push and pull between the sx-dom and those around him/her, ime.

You might wanna get an sx-sp NT in here though to relate how it feels to them, though :shrug:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When being intimate with your partner means everything to you and when you would risk almost everything in your life for a chance at a deep, intimate relationship.

When it seems baffling when people say sex is not a big deal and they would be okay never having sex again. I always wonder if such people have ever been in a situation where they were cut-off from the option of having sex.

When you idealize people and feel a deep connection with them without even interacting, and yet also feel isolated and alone at your inability to make a tangible connection.

When you feel frustrated by the limitations of language and other forms of expression to convey the depth of what you feel for other people.

When the cruelest thing a person can do to you is show apathy and disinterest.

I could go on, but there probably isn't any real point in doing so.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you realize that at your core you are a feral girl, then you know you are a sx-dom.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know you're an Sx dom when...
- half of you wants a life long, intimate, magical romance with one person. the other half is a crazed, lustful, gluttonous animal that wants to fuck as many (attractive) people as possible cuz it feels like it's running out of time
- whether consciously or unconsciously, you demand attention....and you get it
- your motto is "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all". if you can't get obsessed with something, you see little point in pursuing
- you like entertainment that embodies fiery passion, raw aggression and drama. most entertainment is too "light"and leaves you feeling like you only got a snack when you were expecting a satiating meal
- you are prone to addiction. you want more...and more....and MORE
- you are a bit (or more than a bit) obsessed with your own sexual desirability. it's likely you compare yourself to unrealistically attractive people (celebrities, anime characters etc) which can lead to envy or being self critical if you're not careful
- you MUST have spark and erotic intensity in your relationships. some people are able to have happy relationships even after they are no longer attracted to each other...not you. you cannot be happy in a relationship unless your sex life is passionate and engaging and you want to make sure that both you and your partner stay attractive for as long as possible