• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] You know you're an sx-dom when...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:devil:

Here's a question for sx-so's vs sx-sp's. Could it be that sx-sp's are blunt and direct with people and are perceived as an 'intensity attack' whereas sx-so's often feel frustrated, but will put in the effort of 'cushioning' their full frontal intensity attack to try and ease people into it?

What say you, my intense horde of lovelies?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that's because American culture generally is pretty so/sp as opposed to europe which is clearly sx dom in most places (at least spain france and italy. english culture seems more sp)

In America So and Sp are currents. Sx are rares.

Same in Europe, to say that Europe is clearly Sx-dom is purely stupid.

that's just called being a bad ass

No, because badass people of other subtypes don't do that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so and sp is also more 'useful' I'd wager.

B

brainheart

:devil:

Here's a question for sx-so's vs sx-sp's. Could it be that sx-sp's are blunt and direct with people and are perceived as an 'intensity attack' whereas sx-so's often feel frustrated, but will put in the effort of 'cushioning' their full frontal intensity attack to try and ease people into it?

What say you, my intense horde of lovelies?

I thought sx/sos were the intensity attack... ?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh apparently i'm sx-sp... i'm sure i was sx-so.... i must be growing up
*shrieks*

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In America So and Sp are currents. Sx are rares.

Same in Europe, to say that Europe is clearly Sx-dom is purely stupid.

No, because badass people of other subtypes don't do that.

I'm sp/sx and I definitely do all that stuff. I've been told on several occasions that I should be a cult leader or a revolutionary

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you are Sx-dom when you love that song:

[youtube=WF_-DST-6oA]that's Sx![/youtube]

B

brainheart

- When you like something or someone YOU REALLY REALLY LIKE IT.

- You're relieved that the person you're currently focused on wasn't scared away by the intensity and honesty of what you said last night.

My my yes. Conversely, when you hate something or someone, you really really hate it. Although I wouldn't say hate (i am a 9, after all) more like repulsed. Things or people attract me or repulse me and I am immediately aware which is which. I try to not be judgmental in that fashion, but if there's something repellant, there's no changing it.

The fear of losing favor with your infatuation or confessor... The most terrifying thing for me.

You know you are when seeking intimacy is the number one driving force in your life....

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you are Sx-dom when you love that song:

[youtube=WF_-DST-6oA]that's Sx![/youtube]

once again, people like this song because it's bad ass. I'm gay (and by extention don't care about vaginas at all) but I love that song :laugh:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when you assume because you want it it's how things should be, and when you can't let go of things you want fast enough and as a result end up not handling disappointment too well

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:thinking:

well, i was just reading through the WHOLE thread, and i'm pretty sure i'm sx-dom because it makes sense in terms of little oddities in my life that aren't explained well by my enneatype, but i don't resonate with a lot of these. maybe i'm just weird (well okay, i'm definitely weird), or my etype interferes, or my environmnent, or the way i was raised, i dunno. or i guess i could really be so/sx instead.

do you guys relate strongly to almost all of what everyone's said, or do you feel a lot of individual variation as well?

case study on skylights --

does not fit:

...when people keep telling you to stop being so intense (only when i am angry, i burn like 950°)
...when you haven't even thought about whether or not it'll rain, be cold, if you have to bring drinks or not and are daydreaming about who you're going to meet and what you're going to be experiencing. (true about daydreaming... but i'm either really on top of drinks/food/clothes etc. or really not)
...when money is so uninteresting, it's no even funny as it's a fucking necessity in this society (um. i like money)
...When you think the idea of money is so antithetical to experiencing life, and you can never understand why people are so wound up about it Life> piece of tree! (cause money buys opportunity!)
...You create riot and hystery, without really trying. (noooo)
...A provocative position and a stimulating posiion are the same thing for you (noooo do not like)
...You have a hard time to understand why girls like to be invited to restaurant, you eat because you are supposed to eat, but just that. (LOVE fancy restaurant ambiance)
...When people think you could be a talk show host because you barrage them with questions about themselves. (i am questioning... yes... no barrage though)
...When socialites loath your uncompromising and honest opinions on what matters to you. (huh?)
...Conversely, when you hate something or someone, you really really hate it. Although I wouldn't say hate (i am a 9, after all) more like repulsed. (repulsed maybe... hate occasionally but not often)

i guess basically i'm just not very controversy-provoking, and i'm not totally sp-unaware. my dad's an sp 6 posterchild though, so that may explain that.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
When you start telling a stranger in a bar your secrets. Just because you're bored.
SX/SO: What is a secret? When I get really excited about an idea or pissed about something, EVERYBODY has to know.

You you are Sx when a horny or naughty expression cannot be unnoticed by your radar.
SX/SO: You assume that being homeless is just the most natural way for human being, so, that's not so bad.
Everyone I know makes me out to be a nympho or reckless social butterfly. >:
I related to everything in the post, but the second one really hit the nail on the head. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to run away from home and then doing one of the following:
a.) living in a tent
b.) sleeping in a car
c.) moving in with a close friend
d.) joining the Peace Corps​

Really, I'm out and about enough for my room to be nothing more than a storage closet and a place to sleep. I don't know what the words "sanctuary" and "home" mean... it wouldn't bother me any to leave all my material crap behind and work with people in an obscure and impoverished area overseas. Living expenses are paid, and as long as I have that and can maintain communication with people, I'm content.

If you're out to eat with this person, you forget to eat.
LOL seriously. I'm the kind of person who puts a food item down and then forgets about it. It goes as far as setting down a Popsicle still in its wrapper (COUGH COUGH that's what she said) and afterward not remembering where the puddle of colored sugar water came from.

B

brainheart

When you start telling a stranger in a bar your secrets. Just because you're bored.
SX/SO: What is a secret? When I get really excited about an idea or pissed about something, EVERYBODY has to know.

Everyone I know makes me out to be a nympho or reckless social butterfly. >:
I related to everything in the post, but the second one really hit the nail on the head. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to run away from home and then doing one of the following:
a.) living in a tent
b.) sleeping in a car
c.) moving in with a close friend
d.) joining the Peace Corps​

Really, I'm out and about enough for my room to be nothing more than a storage closet and a place to sleep. I don't know what the words "sanctuary" and "home" mean... it wouldn't bother me any to leave all my material crap behind and work with people in an obscure and impoverished area overseas. Living expenses are paid, and as long as I have that and can maintain communication with people, I'm content.

I hate most material crap too, but I have ideal places I want to live, usually it involves trees or boats or paris or all. I like looking at photos of cool home settings I'd like to be, aesthetically pleasing simplicity, you know, me and my typewriter and a cool desk overlooking the seine. I want to maintain my alone time and that with intimates, those I just met and those I've known for awhile. I get crazy wanderlust and I've got sx and sp going on in some order.