MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    here's what your problem is.

1. your tired of being a walking ash tray
    2. your tired of feeling guilty every time you want to light up

But with blu E-cigs you can enjoy smoking without affecting the people around you. Its vapor and not tobacco, that means no ash.
    And the best part of it all is no offensive odor. with blu, you can smoke anywhere and not have to worry about going outside to smoke
    when you are at a bar with your friends. We're all Adults here, it's time we take our freedom back! Rise from the ashes my friend!!

you can thank me later great one
    This post has changed my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @The Great One
    after talking to you for several months, I think Sx/Sp is a good fit for you. you're clearly not Sp last and you are obsessed with intense exchanges of energy.
    Yeah, I'm almost wondering if I'm not sx/so coolside though. I seem to display a significant amount of SO for some reason.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This post has changed my life.
    Yeah, I'm almost wondering if I'm not sx/so coolside though. I seem to display a significant amount of SO for some reason.
    think about everything you've shared in our conversations. you're about as Sp last as the Pope is Protestant.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

think about everything you've shared in our conversations. you're about as Sp last as the Pope is Protestant.
    I know, it's just very confusing for me because I tend to have influences from all 3 variants. Also, it seems like I was always so as well as sx. It really seems like the self pres came later. However I often wonder if I have always had strong self pres but just didn't notice it because all of my self pres needs were met by my parents when I was a child.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Mm, @The Great One, I would love to give you good advice and input, but being in the middle of my own questioning, I don't feel particularly settled right now in terms of understanding where everything falls in terms of instinct.

I do think that even if your parents attended to your sp needs, you would still have had a focus on them. Your parents couldn't, for example, have a good feel for what kind of physical conditions made you most comfortable, or whether your clothes were adequate for your desires, or whether you had enough energy to take care of what you needed to do, whether you had enough money to get what you wanted, or whether you had enough time to do what you were planning. I would think sp doms would still feel all this internally from an early age.

no @Starry, I'm ENFP as fuck
    haha (proving me right since May 2010)

Honestly though, the primary reason I feel comfortable responding to your posts is because I get to discuss personality theory knowing my opinions will have absolutely no influence on you whatsoever haha. Because once people feel fairly settled on a certain type I don’t necessarily feel they should be influenced – even if there was a way to conclusively prove the individual was wrong. Basically, I feel that if a person identifies with a certain type – there’s a reason. There’s meaning there. This notion strengthens in my mind when it comes to individuals (like yourself) that appear to be in possession of certain traits that make them more challenging to type. For example, while I’ve never seen any kinds of type test scores from you…you have all the tell tale signs of an individual that is making near equal use of your dom and aux functions (nearly balanced dom/aux). And a nearly balanced use of dom/aux alone...regardless of MBTI or e-type...will provide you with a never-ending supply of doubters no matter what you decide so... So, yes I have a difference of opinion regarding which function is actually leading... but at the same time I should say I see why ENFP 7w6 (and actually sx/sp when I consider what I believe to be your dom function) were identified by you... And there are a fair amount of members that feel best when you are the above type. (umm, I can see your signature above while composing this message and...wth is a Chibi Seme? <--okay, maybe don't answer that. And perhaps don't address anything having to do with Papa Bear, Dark Worker or Sunburst either haha. But I do know what Wanderer is...and ‘Enjoy!’ haha)

I want to respond to the type stuff because I find it so interesting but I'm too exhausted tonight and should probably find another place to do it in right? I'm assuming it would be considered off topic here.

Sp is about
    - survival
    - comfort
    - security
    - domesticity/predictability
    - physical safety
    - competence
    - risk management
    Yes, and would add...as it applies to sx/sp & sp/sx not just physical safety but mental...and (especially) emotional safety as well. sx-doms are actually identified or known for neglecting their physical well-being and I'm totally guilty of that.

also, my energy is very conflicted. many people who have talked to me over the phone said that I came off like an Sp/So at times.
    Alright.

This is a common problem that I run into at pretty much every enneagram site that I go to: no one can ever come up with a clear and definitive definition of the sx variant. There is one side of the fence that says that sx has to do with relationships, sex, desirability, dating, etc. Then there is the other side that says that none of these things have to do with sx. In fact, the other side says that sx is all about passion, intensity, and chemistry. In fact, a lot of people tell me that many sx doms are very happy being monks, priests, etc, and never have a relationship, date, have sex, or do anything to really create a deep bond with someone romantically and still live happy lives. I simply don't believe this. From my experience, the sx doms are generally obsessed, with sex, dating, relationships, desirability, and it seems like for them to give these things up would almost be unbearable to them. But anyway, I've noticed that the general trend on these sites is that people just wind up typing people based on their energy instead of what they say and what they desire because no one can ever come up with a definitive definition of sx, and because of this it's hard to make an accurate typing.
    I agree. While I’m looking directly at it though I’d like to say… I didn’t just ‘wind up’ typing you and Elfboy based on your energy like how you describe it above. For the record, I have been telling Elfboy for quite some time now that he is sx-dom. And just the other day I reminded him of a time when immediately following this suggestion from me …he posted a personal story in his blog illustrating just how 'sp as fuck’ he was. The day he became ‘sx as fuck’ he only thanked Amargith for it haha.

This is absolutely not to say I’m somehow above ‘energy’ or ‘vibe’ typing strategies – hell no. I would be an absolute fool to avoid something like that. Whenever anyone asks me to give them my opinion on their type (this just happened this morning btw)…I specifically request that they not tell me anything right then…precisely because I want to get the ‘vibe’ first. I’d also like to point out how many times I’ve thought about someone’s type for a good deal of time…only to have some other member arrive at the same exact answer by saying something like ‘The vibe I get from you is XXXX…but like I said it’s just a vibe.’ haha. The method I notice causes the biggest fuck ups and mistypes? Typing by descriptions. Yah. Even still, where I was discussing energy with regards to how it flows had nothing to do with any of this. If you wish to know…I arrived at my assessment of you based on what I remember from the overall content of your posts [edit: I will read your new description tomorrow though]

I personally think all the enneagram descriptions fail in many ways…not just the sx variant. You really need to read books on the topic – I honestly think it’s the only way. I mean, I have seen a few shorthand descriptions I felt did an excellent job but for the most part…? Someone really needs to author some decent short descriptions…which ideally made allocations for at least a few of the correlated MBTI for each e-type.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@skylights

Yeah, I pretty much disregarded Sp needs altogether when I was younger. I had no idea what Sp was at all. I only developed SP because I became poor for a long period of time and wound up with no health insurance. When you have no health insurance it sucks and you basically get sick and there is no one to help you, and I really hated that. I can remember having so and sx awareness my entire life though.
    @Starry

1.Yes, I know that many of the descriptions suck but what else can I really go by besides energy.

2. Yes, I have been told that I have the energy of a so/sx many times, but in terms of what I chase after in life I look more sp/sx at the moment.

3. I can't really see myself as sx/so though because I'm just not insane enough.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

When people are surprised to see how good you actually are with women.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@skylights

Yeah, I pretty much disregarded Sp needs altogether when I was younger. I had no idea what Sp was at all. I only developed SP because I became poor for a long period of time and wound up with no health insurance. When you have no health insurance it sucks and you basically get sick and there is no one to help you, and I really hated that. I can remember having so and sx awareness my entire life though.
    I would have a really hard time seeing you as sp-first at all then, if this is true. The sp-firsts that I know seem to always have some level of awareness of sp needs in one way or another, even as younger children. Not that variant is necessarily crystallized at that point, but I have a hard time thinking your dominant would be essentially invisible and suddenly become strong enough to be your top priority.

2. Yes, I have been told that I have the energy of a so/sx many times, but in terms of what I chase after in life I look more sp/sx at the moment.
    I was feeling this way, too, about sx/so, but I think after a lot of discussion in the thread that I created, I'm not sure if instinct necessarily identifies what your priorities are (hear me out) as much as it identifies how you prioritize, or simply what/how you see. I've always thought I was sx/so because my first priority has always been unity and connection, but after reading a lot about how the variants operate, I've begun to see my own perspective as more of a connectivity than chemistry - this excerpt really clarified it for me:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Aldrich
    [The social instinct] compells you to desire to interact with others, and focus on the interactions between you and others, as well as the interaction between you and… things even [... Social types...] are aware of also the interactions between others and others, and others and the environment as well as themselves and others and themselves and the environment. It’s being aware of interactions in general. How everything interacts with each other. [...] One gear affects another, and their aware of how they can harm and help this whole entire process (of interacting with others and stuff) [...]

Sx-firsts, on the other hand, aren’t as aware of the interactions between them and others and the environment, rather… their more aware of the chemistry [...] Focusing on sx-first issues involve: Am I close to my gf/bf? Am I close to my family? How much in common do we all have? Do I really like this thing? Am I attracted to it? Is that person attracted to that other person? etc. They’re more aware of the bonds and the chemistry between them and people, as well as environment, and other people and other people, as well as other people and the environment [...]

sp-firsts worry more about fitness. Fitness in general, of course, not necessarily just body fitness. Therefore, they worry more about how fit they are in their environment, as well as how fit other people are in their environment. They want to be fit.
    This is a difference which I didn't really understand until now, with sx being more about within relationships and so being more about between relationships, which might go a long way in explaining why my intrapersonal Fi values tend to veer surprisingly towards usual interpersonal Fe values. And then sp is more about internal status, about how well-suited you are to endure whatever scenario you're in.

Which gives a simplistic association of -

Sp - Inside one
    Sx - Within two
    So - Between multiple

So to loop back to myself, I really thought I was sx because I was (am) so invested in one-to-one relationships, deep bonding, and really getting lost in experiences, but all of that for me is sort of framed in a more collaborative sense, with one-to-one relationships being the creation of a unity - not us becoming one another but us becoming a synergistic unit - more us looking out at the world together than us looking at one another - deep bonding being about long-term maintenance of mutually supportive relationships that may fluctuate in terms of intensity but are most importantly still connected - and getting lost in experiences being very much about becoming one with the "All". Obviously sx is still strong within me, but I mistook what I wanted for how I was seeing things.

In other words, I think something incredibly important about the variants is that they don't necessarily predict what we want, but rather why we want it, or at least how we frame it. So your top priority might be finding a mate, but I don't think that necessarily immediately makes you sx as much it gives you a good scenario for determining your perspective on what feels necessary and why.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I would have a really hard time seeing you as sp-first at all then, if this is true. The sp-firsts that I know seem to always have some level of awareness of sp needs in one way or another, even as younger children. Not that variant is necessarily crystallized at that point, but I have a hard time thinking your dominant would be essentially invisible and suddenly become strong enough to be your top priority.

I was feeling this way, too, about sx/so, but I think after a lot of discussion in the thread that I created, I'm not sure if instinct necessarily identifies what your priorities are (hear me out) as much as it identifies how you prioritize, or simply what/how you see. I've always thought I was sx/so because my first priority has always been unity and connection, but after reading a lot about how the variants operate, I've begun to see my own perspective as more of a connectivity than chemistry - this excerpt really clarified it for me:

This is a difference which I didn't really understand until now, with sx being more about within relationships and so being more about between relationships, which might go a long way in explaining why my intrapersonal Fi values tend to veer surprisingly towards usual interpersonal Fe values. And then sp is more about internal status, about how well-suited you are to endure whatever scenario you're in.

Which gives a simplistic association of -

Sp - Inside one
    Sx - Within two
    So - Between multiple

So to loop back to myself, I really thought I was sx because I was (am) so invested in one-to-one relationships, deep bonding, and really getting lost in experiences, but all of that for me is sort of framed in a more collaborative sense, with one-to-one relationships being the creation of a unity - not us becoming one another but us becoming a synergistic unit - more us looking out at the world together than us looking at one another - deep bonding being about long-term maintenance of mutually supportive relationships that may fluctuate in terms of intensity but are most importantly still connected - and getting lost in experiences being very much about becoming one with the "All". Obviously sx is still strong within me, but I mistook what I wanted for how I was seeing things.

In other words, I think something incredibly important about the variants is that they don't necessarily predict what we want, but rather why we want it, or at least how we frame it. So your top priority might be finding a mate, but I don't think that necessarily immediately makes you sx as much it gives you a good scenario for determining your perspective on what feels necessary and why.
    I'm still sx first based on that description. What's interesting about myself is that I could give less of a damn what's happening between others. I don't really care about being part of a group either. I do care about what society as a whole thinks of me though, and I'm wondering if that's just my very strong 3w2 fix rearing it's ugly head.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'm still sx first based on that description. What's interesting about myself is that I could give less of a damn what's happening between others. I don't really care about being part of a group either. I do care about what society as a whole thinks of me though, and I'm wondering if that's just my very strong 3w2 fix rearing it's ugly head.
    The energies are, perhaps, not so different.

so/sx - including, associating, affiliating, networking, incorporating, interconnecting, introducing, unifying, linking, bonding, annexing, cooperating, receiving
    sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    Both gather.