User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Elfboy on the other hand, sx 5s are the least obvious sx types out of the subtypes since 5s look the same in general, although sx 5 is the non-5 out of the 5s. I also think there are other aspects that makes me different to Such Irony such as tritype combination and Jungian type, assuming Such Irony is properly typed across the systems.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Webslinger

At a certain degree, won't any instinctual combination start playing hot and cold if they're unhealthy enough? I read somewhere that damaged sx can recoil from intimacy with all the power that they used to seek it with.
    Maybe but it's strongly associated with the sx/so types and especially 6w7 sx/so (they're the worst).

@Amargith

Actually, sp-sx just keeps you at arms length at all times, until they decide that you're for them, then they move pretty darn fast. Sx-sp comes close, realises its close, runs, comes close, etc. Their sp protectiveness kicks in as a last resort, or so it seems. They have that same aloofness as sp-sx, but they do not start off with it, meaning you trigger it later on, as they still have that urge to bond.
    The people who repped me were a mix of extroverts and introverts, fwiw. And I know several others who have the same dynamic. I tend to be a fan of sx-sp and sp-sx, so I keep in mind that they'll buck and break free a couple of times before they decide on me, even when they look like they're good for the moment.
    I agree that sp/sx keeps you at an arms length at all times. This seems to reminiscent of the sp doms in general. However, where on earth did you get these ideas about the sx/sp types?

@chana

I wasn't equating intimacy with sex. Pretty much everything I've read about sx/sp has mentioned the "push-pull" thing, also that sx-first can manifest the opposite way- as a fear of intimacy.
    Can you show me where you read this? I'm not doubting it's true, I have just never heard of it before.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

@The Great One
    This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.
    Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
    Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer
    Examples of sx/sp: Prince, Carl Jung, Johnny Depp, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Cash, Joan Crawford, Princess Di, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Elfboy

you weren't equating intimacy (at least, sexual intimacy) with sex, but the two are related and controlled by the same instincts.

for me, the push-pull has to do with direct Sp related consequences, such as
    - "whoa! I'm spending way too much time with this person and it's fucking up my sleep and study habits. time to analyze a bit"
    - "fuck! this guy might have an STD! gotta check that shit"
    - "dammit! I'm spending too much money going to see this guy/paying for meals (even if we split the bill)"

it's never something like "oh no! I'm getting close too fast!" the closer I get to my prey, the sooner I can eat
    Yes, I relate a lot to this.

it's called the Sexual Instinct for a reason. they have sex because they get turned on which, in and of itself, is one of many forms of "spark" that the Sexual instinct can ignite (albeit, if it's not accompanied by something else, it's usually not enough for an Sx dom to want to chase). the difference is that just straight up sex is simply fulfilling the Sexual instinct on the most basic level and still leaves then feeling hungry, dissatisfied and unfulfilled (cheap sex is the Sx equivalent of fast food)

that said, I should have used the word "spark" as opposed to "intimacy" which is also related to both Sp and So in different ways. wanting a long term partner, for example, is an Sp desire. the natural tendency of Sx is to indulge whatever gives them the strongest chemistry in the moment (not saying they're all hedonistic sluts, but I am saying they will more tempted to cheat than other types if they meet someone else they really click with in a time when the lack of energy in their relationship is leaving them cold). it should also be noted that being 1-1 is as much an Sp preference as it is an Sx preference (Sp/Sx, for example, is far more 1-1 than Sx/So, which often prefers large, energetic crowds and multiple sources of passionate energy)
    Personally I've always been on the fence about whether the constant lust for sex is related to the sx variant. I mean after all, the sx variant is all about deep connection, and sex is a very strong way to connect with someone (at least it is for me). However, on the other hand @chana has a point and people can just fuck and have completely empty sex as well and do it all the time just for purely hedonistic reasons. My question is this though: "How do you differentiate an sx dom or someone with strong sx who is unhealthy and going on sexual adventures from the sx last people who have sex for reasons of only pure hedonism?"

@Starry

1.Elfboy is right is not SP last. I talk to him all the time on the phone and this man is self-pres as hell, and even moreso he is social last. The man has literally no idea what's going on in the world around him EVER. He also couldn't understand social webs of "this guy knows this guy, who knows that guy" to save his life.

2. Yes, I agree that on the outside I look so/sx 7w6 as fuck. When to comparing myself to possibly another ENTP 7w6, 3w2, 9w8 so/sx (Craig Ferguson) we look almost identical in terms of energy and behavior. However, I seem to have strong self pres and I'm really questioning whether or not I am actually an sx dom.

@small.wonder

I always get these types of definitions of sx from NF's. However, I'm wondering if many sx defintions have an nf bias though because I know many NT and STP sx doms that wouldn't really relate as much to these sx descriptons. I'm wondering if sx can manifest itself in these particular types in a different way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Honestly I feel that elfboy's understanding of this is being clouded by having a kinda juvenile attitude towards sexual/romantic relationships. Emotional intimacy can exist without sex, and sex definitely exists without intimacy all the fucking time.

And being sx-first doesn't make somebody immune to being afraid of intimacy either, I feel like he's describing some movie character and not a real human being.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Honestly I feel that elfboy's understanding of this is being clouded by having a kinda juvenile attitude towards sexual/romantic relationships. Emotional intimacy can exist without sex, and sex definitely exists without intimacy all the fucking time.
    that's a rather condescending way of saying you disagree with me. of course intimacy can exist without sex, but the Sexual craves sex. not just "yay! we're holding hands and spending intimate time together". it wants to take things as far as it can go, and this usually involves sex.

And being sx-first doesn't make somebody immune to being afraid of intimacy either, I feel like he's describing some movie character and not a real human being.
    can they become afraid of intimacy due to life experience, such as being hurt in the past: yes
    are they naturally afraid of intimacy: no

you think I'm describing a movie character because I use colorful language that you think is over the top. this has little to do with my understanding and more to do with my personality

This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.
    Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
    Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer
    Examples of sx/sp: Prince, Carl Jung, Johnny Depp, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Cash, Joan Crawford, Princess Di, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame"
    I don't disagree with any of this (I can relate to the withdrawn, troubled brooding that can make me look Sp), but the tension and under the surface intensity are still evident in all of the examples given here.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's a rather condescending way of saying you disagree with me. of course intimacy can exist without sex, but the Sexual craves sex. not just "yay! we're holding hands and spending intimate time together". it wants to take things as far as it can go, and this usually involves sex.

can they become afraid of intimacy due to life experience, such as being hurt in the past: yes
    are they naturally afraid of intimacy: no

you think I'm describing a movie character because I use colorful language that you think is over the top. this has little to do with my understanding and more to do with my personality
    Im trying to understand where you're coming from, and I can't help but think your judgement is being clouded by the fact that you're inexperienced in that area. Or that you've admitted to being attracted to only teenage boys..

What you're saying about life experience being what causes people to be afraid of intimacy, yes I agree with that but I was assuming that it happens pretty often. Maybe that's cynicism, but it's pretty rare to find someone completely optimistic towards dating/sex/whatever. Especially today.

The movie character thing wasn't about your language just how one-dimensional you make people sound. Plus weren't you sp-first like last week?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm sorry but I tend to agree with him. Most of the Sp/so and so/sp types that I talk to could really give less of a damn about sex. I definitely believe that there is at least some type of correlation between sx and the physical act of sex.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Im trying to understand where you're coming from, and I can't help but think your judgement is being clouded by the fact that you're inexperienced in that area. Or that you've admitted to being attracted to only teenage boys..
    I made no judgment at all. I'm simply saying "this is what the Sx instinct is". I'm not looking at it from a personal standpoint

What you're saying about life experience being what causes people to be afraid of intimacy, yes I agree with that but I was assuming that it happens pretty often. Maybe that's cynicism, but it's pretty rare to find someone completely optimistic towards dating/sex/whatever. Especially today.
    jaded by life experience or not, an Sx dom will still either pull towards intimacy or go counter-intimacy, fighting their own tendencies. both manifestations are intense, show up in the person's demeanor and are easy to spot with a little observation

The movie character thing wasn't about your language just how one-dimensional you make people sound. Plus weren't you sp-first like last week?
    I didn't make it sound one dimensional at all. I made it sound like an instinct rather than the kind of conscious awareness and behavioral preference it's usually made out to be.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I'm sorry but I tend to agree with him. Most of the Sp/so and so/sp types that I talk to could really give less of a damn about sex. I definitely believe that there is at least some type of correlation between sx and the physical act of sex.
    Sure, but sex isn't always about the physical. It can be about social status; for some people having a lot of partners makes them seem cooler or more powerful, sometimes having sex with the right people helps you get into a social group or become more popular. It can get you money, free food, jobs, gifts, vacations etc. and some people just need the physical release but there's nothing passionate about it and they'd prefer the person to leave right after.

It's not as simple as you're all making it out to be. I'm sx-first and less promiscuous than a lot of sx-last people I can think of. I don't like going a long time without but it doesn't make me willing to settle for less than I want.