User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 361

  1. #151
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Disagree all you want, at least sx-so aint afraid to get close to people, in fact they *want* to. It is often that intense need for intimacy that scares others. Sx-sp ime fights their own instinct. They want to get close, then when they get close, they spook themselves and need space. I'll fucking stay put once I've decided to get close and executed the manoevre while they tend to bolt and come back till they figure it out. Granted, once they do decide, they do not look back, even when they should. I do my push and pulling upfront to see whether I wanna actually get up close and personal with the other person and if they are interested in me at all.

    Otoh, sx-sps dont always seem aware that they are drifting close to another person, or getting intimate as they just act on instinct, then panic when sp kicks in and wants to protect itself. I personally tend to be highly aware of that happening so I know where it's headed and how it is changing. That is the benefit of so: it makes you aware of your status with the other person, and vice versa.

    Pick your poison, I guess.

    Edit: at the 3 sx-sps that left me a rep agreeing with my previous post in some fashion or another.
    How does the sx/sp panick when sp kicks in? They want to marry a person but are afraid to take it too fast because they fear that the person will later divorce them and take all of their money? I wouldn't know cuz I've never dated a sx/sp. However I've dated quite a few sx/so people and they seem to put you through more tests than the SAT's. Pain in the ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I was going to say this before, but didn't; might as well now.

    I think sx/sp is absurdly far off.

    You seem so/sx to me.
    Yeah that's what about 90% of the people that type me say. The others say so/sp. However, about 99% of the people that I chat with say I'm an so dom.

  2. #152
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Actually, sx-sp types are worse still
    They spend a lot of time pulling someone close, scare themselves shitless due to the proximity, sp kicks in and they run in the other direction. So don't be blaming us dude.
    what were the E types of the Sx/Sp's who agreed with this? cuz I sure as hell don't. I don't think this would apply to Id Sx/Sp's at all (perhaps a phobic 6 or 9 that was INFP, but overall, no)

    this sounds more like Sp/Sx if anything
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #153
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what were the E types of the Sx/Sp's who agreed with this? cuz I sure as hell don't. I don't think this would apply to Id Sx/Sp's at all (perhaps a phobic 6 or 9 that was INFP, but overall, no)

    this sounds more like Sp/Sx if anything
    It thought that this sounded a bit off to me as well.

  4. #154
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,177

    Default

    At a certain degree, won't any instinctual combination start playing hot and cold if they're unhealthy enough? I read somewhere that damaged sx can recoil from intimacy with all the power that they used to seek it with.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

  5. #155
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what were the E types of the Sx/Sp's who agreed with this? cuz I sure as hell don't. I don't think this would apply to Id Sx/Sp's at all (perhaps a phobic 6 or 9 that was INFP, but overall, no)

    this sounds more like Sp/Sx if anything
    Actually, sp-sx just keeps you at arms length at all times, until they decide that you're for them, then they move pretty darn fast. Sx-sp comes close, realises its close, runs, comes close, etc. Their sp protectiveness kicks in as a last resort, or so it seems. They have that same aloofness as sp-sx, but they do not start off with it, meaning you trigger it later on, as they still have that urge to bond.
    The people who repped me were a mix of extroverts and introverts, fwiw. And I know several others who have the same dynamic. I tend to be a fan of sx-sp and sp-sx, so I keep in mind that they'll buck and break free a couple of times before they decide on me, even when they look like they're good for the moment.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    How does the sx/sp panick when sp kicks in? They want to marry a person but are afraid to take it too fast because they fear that the person will later divorce them and take all of their money? I wouldn't know cuz I've never dated a sx/sp. However I've dated quite a few sx/so people and they seem to put you through more tests than the SAT's. Pain in the ass.
    I do my push and pulling in the very beginning as part of the 'dance' to get to know you. Sx-sps tend to just go for gold when they see something they like. However, when they suddenly notice its too close for their own comfort, they bolt. They seem to go through this process quite a few times as they get comfortable with that person (and as sx-so, perhaps because I'm rather comfortable with intimacy, it never fully ends, it's a perpetual dance that eventually you get in sync with and has its own dynamic intimacy ime). Once they commit on you though, yes, then they'll go full speed ahead, usually. Also, they're likely to only do this with *one* person, their spouse (at least to that level of intimacy), whereas as an sx-so, I tend to do this with friends as well (clearly not *as* intimate, but intimate enough for others to get spooked occasionally).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #156
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Actually, sp-sx just keeps you at arms length at all times, until they decide that you're for them, then they move pretty darn fast. Sx-sp comes close, realises its close, runs, comes close, etc. Their sp protectiveness kicks in as a last resort, or so it seems. They have that same aloofness as sp-sx, but they do not start off with it, meaning you trigger it later on, as they still have that urge to bond.
    The people who repped me were a mix of extroverts and introverts, fwiw. And I know several others who have the same dynamic. I tend to be a fan of sx-sp and sp-sx, so I keep in mind that they'll buck and break free a couple of times before they decide on me, even when they look like they're good for the moment.
    even with strong Sp, no Sx dom is naturally afraid of intimacy. their Sp doesn't feel like it needs to "protect" them from moving too fast
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #157
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    even with strong Sp, no Sx dom is naturally afraid of intimacy. their Sp doesn't feel like it needs to "protect" them from moving too fast
    I know several sx-sps that say otherwise.


    Edit: Time to retreat from this thread. Enjoy yourselves
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #158
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    even with strong Sp, no Sx dom is naturally afraid of intimacy. their Sp doesn't feel like it needs to "protect" them from moving too fast
    I don't agree with this.

  9. #159
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    I don't agree with this.
    perhaps it's a male/female thing. females in general are typically more cautious about sexuality than men are (because, from a biological perspective, they have more to lose)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #160
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    perhaps it's a male/female thing. females in general are typically more cautious about sexuality than men are (because, from a biological perspective, they have more to lose)
    I wasn't equating intimacy with sex. Pretty much everything I've read about sx/sp has mentioned the "push-pull" thing, also that sx-first can manifest the opposite way- as a fear of intimacy.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 468
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 07:18 PM
  2. [INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...
    By Dali in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2356
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 02:37 AM
  3. You Know You're An So-dom When..
    By Nørrsken in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2017, 03:52 PM
  4. [so] You know you´re a Social dom when...
    By SpankyMcFly in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 11:00 PM
  5. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO