Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

you know you're sp/sx when
    - during your teen years, you were astonished at the utterly moronic things people would do at the expense of personal safety, comfort and health. examples include drugs, joining gangs and doing things that were illegal without any sort of plan or escape strategy
    - peer pressure does not effect you at all
    - people make fun of you for being high maintenance and taking good care of yourself
    - you can't stand being around people who don't take care of themselves
    - you find people poor hospitality distasteful and downright unacceptable
    - you are offended by people who don't give you any friggin personally space
    - when people say things like "a simple life is a full life" or "money isn't important" you think to yourself 'nigga you crazy'
    - it is important that your work time and your leisure time seperate.
    - when someone tells you to do something productive when you're relaxing you say "I am doing something productive."
    - you are amazed at how people can work themselves to the point of compromising their health and not notice
    - you enjoy shopping, either by yourself or with 1-3 friends who are good company
    - you are polite, but you only stay stick around if the company is good and unintrusive. if they're not, you simply leave (unless you have some other obligation)
    - you don't like going to sports games because you're constantly thinking "what the fuck is everyone doing?"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - during your teen years, you were astonished at the utterly moronic things people would do at the expense of personal safety, comfort and health. examples include drugs, joining gangs and doing things that were illegal without any sort of plan or escape strategy YES
    - peer pressure does not effect you at all YES (mostly)
    - people make fun of you for being high maintenance and taking good care of yourself NO
    - you can't stand being around people who don't take care of themselves NO (well, depends on what you mean by taking care, if you mean grooming, meh, in extreme cases maybe, if you mean stupid, careless people, yes)
    - you find people poor hospitality distasteful and downright unacceptable YES
    - you are offended by people who don't give you any friggin personally space YES
    - when people say things like "a simple life is a full life" or "money isn't important" you think to yourself 'nigga you crazy' NO
    - it is important that your work time and your leisure time seperate. NO, I like my work and the freedom to mix or seperate at will
    - when someone tells you to do something productive when you're relaxing you say "I am doing something productive." YES
    - you are amazed at how people can work themselves to the point of compromising their health and not notice YES
    - you enjoy shopping, either by yourself or with 1-3 friends who are good company Sort of
    - you are polite, but you only stay stick around if the company is good and unintrusive. if they're not, you simply leave (unless you have some other obligation) YES
    - you don't like going to sports games because you're constantly thinking "what the fuck is everyone doing?" YES
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You don't see the necessity to work hard for win money as a problem because that comes naturally for you.

You are serious and self-contained, you are confident in your hability to not do something crasy wich could devy you from you will to gain material security.

When there's a maintenance problem, you don't procrastinate to deal with it because you instinctively deal with it.

You instinctively change your clothes when temperatures change

You ever know how to gain the maximum of safety without waste your energy, and you still seek to improve yourself

Most of your choice in life are serious, realistic and taken with personal reflection.

You requently know moments of pure calm and without any passion, and you like it.

You need more interaction with your family member than with your romantic relationships

All these things about saving energy and time are about 5, not self-preservation

I’m questioning the bolded statement, because if it’s true then I’m not sp- and I relate far better to sp/sx descriptions I've read than any other, even those that weren't specific to e5. I don't particularly relate to any of these^, and ESPECIALLY the first one. I don't care about money anywhere near as much as I should. I have definitely made several choices that veered me away from material security, but I did it because the idea of giving something/someone influence over my willpower/opinions is thoroughly repugnant. Isn’t that sp? It sounds like the above description of sp is focusing more on physical aspects of self-preservation, but that’s not the only kind of independence a person can strive for.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote from a Self-pres people: "I don't make deals for the money. I do it to do it.", that's from Donald Trump, a 8w7 Sp/So. If you don't want to have a boss or to enter incompetioton for material success, that comes from 5, not from Sp, Self-pres 3s may be the most workhaoolics of the enneagram. As a 5, your Sp is more expressed by the drive to etablish a stronghold, with all the required safety and withdrawing.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - during your teen years, you were astonished at the utterly moronic things people would do at the expense of personal safety, comfort and health. examples include drugs, joining gangs and doing things that were illegal without any sort of plan or escape strategy
    I actually found it extremely cool.

They have effects.

- people make fun of you for being high maintenance and taking good care of yourself
    They make fun of me about how I suck at this and about how horribly messy and flaky I'am, I don't take good care of myself at all.

Why shoumld I want that they care of themselves? I prefer that they take care about other people.

I don't care at all about this.

Yes.

when people say things like "a simple life is a full life" or "money isn't important" you think to yourself 'nigga you crazy'
    I actually think taht they are stimulating and truly understood how live a good life.

It is important that the work time be a leisure time

- when someone tells you to do something productive when you're relaxing you say "I am doing something productive."
    I simply answer "fuck off"

- you are amazed at how people can work themselves to the point of compromising their health and not notice
    People are often amazed by me doing that.

- you enjoy shopping, either by yourself or with 1-3 friends who are good company
    yes.

- you are polite, but you only stay stick around if the company is good and unintrusive. if they're not, you simply leave (unless you have some other obligation)
    Dunno

- you don't like going to sports games because you're constantly thinking "what the fuck is everyone doing?"
    ??

Pfiuuuuh, I'm not Sp/Sx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

QUOTE equals Elfboy...

I did drugs in my teen years. And enjoyed pushing the limits of it.

This is probably true. The opinions of only a few chosen people count.

- people make fun of you for being high maintenance and taking good care of
    yourself

No, no way

No

No

Yeah!!

- when people say things like "a simple life is a full life" or "money isn't important" you think to yourself 'nigga you crazy'

No way, Jose

No

Yes

Yeah, I get pushing yourself though.

No, by myself...maybe...sometimes

?

No

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

applies to me except "astonished" and "utterly moronic" is a bit strong.
    truth

yes, people don't understand my reasoning behind good health. they think i'm trying to lose weight, otherwise why would I choose this as a lifestyle?
    no, live and let live. Though, I can say that I do enjoy being around people who DO take good care of themselves. It's a common hobby thing.
    No, not at all. I'd rather not be waited on.
    "offended" a strong word again. "uncomfortable" would be a better word for me.
    - when people say things like "a simple life is a full life" or "money isn't important" you think to yourself 'nigga you crazy' My thoughts on this topic are a bid too in depth to reduce it to that. However, money, comfort, and security is important.
    Kind of. I'll work and play all mixed up in one ball. I do however enjoy the 8 day work stretch to enjoy a 4 day weekend. That's my preferred method. Regarding household chores though, doesn't matter.
    - when someone tells you to do something productive when you're relaxing you say "I am doing something productive." If some one told me to do something productive while I was relaxing I would tell them to fuck off.
    Again, I don't focus on other people's lives that much. I'm very sensitive to this myself, though.
    Yea, shopping is usually an independent endeavor for me. (Not sure how this applies though..)
    - you are polite, but you only stay stick around if the company is good and unintrusive. if they're not, you simply leave (unless you have some other obligation) Guilty.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Quote from a Self-pres people: "I don't make deals for the money. I do it to do it.", that's from Donald Trump, a 8w7 Sp/So. If you don't want to have a boss or to enter incompetioton for material success, that comes from 5, not from Sp, Self-pres 3s may be the most workhaoolics of the enneagram. As a 5, your Sp is more expressed by the drive to etablish a stronghold, with all the required safety and withdrawing.

Yeah sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, but it *sounds* like you're still trying to emphasize sp being about material security. There are avenues in which one might seek independence outside of financial/material gain, regardless of whether or not one is an e5.

from this site:
    Do you tend to make sure your own needs are met and satisfied with the essentials of life (self-preservation)? Or does your attention go to being in the company of others and, if so, how many others, and/or do you need to be in service of others (social)? Or instead do you find that your ultimate expression of self is linked to the company of one significant other in an intimate and profound way, and that no matter where you are or what you are doing, you are always in search of that beloved special person (sexual)?
    I mean, sp is about independence, right? Regardless of whether or not the 'needs' are material (food, shelter, etc). Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, it's just that it sounds like your saying that needing independence for 'needs' that aren't material isn't characteristic of sp (that it's e5) and I don't see why that'd be true.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Yeah sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, but it *sounds* like you're still trying to emphasize sp being about material security. There are avenues in which one might seek independence outside of financial/material gain, regardless of whether or not one is an e5.

from this site:

I mean, sp is about independence, right? Regardless of whether or not the 'needs' are material (food, shelter, etc). Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, it's just that it sounds like your saying that needing independence for 'needs' that aren't material isn't characteristic of sp (that it's e5) and I don't see why that'd be true.
    Sp is above all about safety and material security, before being about independance. Self-pres 2 tend to be dependant, and Social 5s tend to be independant. Self-pres is security first and independance next, independance is the mean for security, not the end.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

After glancing at all 3 of these threads, I am starting to think the instinctual stuff is rather meaningless without also factoring in the ennegram itself, and/or mbti type. I mean, I'm seriously questioning the sp-piece now, and wondering whether I'm so-dom instead because I've alway been hyper-aware of social groups even though I resent a lot of their workings (but could this not be due to Fe rather than so-dom?), even though as a 5 and as a bona-fide introvert I actually hate interacting in groups (very uncomfortable for me), and I prefer 1:1, and I crave those close, meaningful connections with people. But I don't think I have the 'intensity' drive of 1:1 interactions such as some of the sx-doms on this site, nor am I emotionally volatile, even though I have a desire for intensity of experience and newness. But I am great with money too and while I've never been obsessed with it, I also consider myself very 'responsible' when it comes to my finances, and think it would be stupid of me not to account for my future needs, in terms of having a roof over my head and an ambience that I like, and other such things.

Finally, taking care of myself and keeping myself balanced and healthy - physically, mentally, emotionally - is important to me. Prioritizing the overall health of myself. I always thought this was kinda the crux of sp-dom; but I find SpeedGavroche's limiting it to Tangible things (money, safety, etc) very, well, limiting.

In short:
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ