First 45678 Last

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Let's rework this, I feel this isn't accurate....

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead
    Actually, when your parents die, and your first thoughts are to get quickly to business to help prepare for their funeral... whilst in private, you go through an existential crisis questioning if you will suffer the same fate as your parents... and you go into high gear survival mode... you have to keep yourself healthy, and avoid getting into accidents.

- the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you
    The idea of altruism doesn't puzzle you, rather you feel it is necessary for the survival and continuation of your own species, and you look towards the idea of altruism as a way to increase your own likelihood of survival in the world.

- you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive
    Not always stuff that is outlandish though. But you put a priority towards home, family, work, and food above going out to socialize and party.

- your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
    Actually, you end up doing the right thing by notifying the police and other legal authorities that your friend died of a drug overdose. Do the right thing, even if you are standing alone.

- when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)
    Or you don't even mention about joining the military altogether. It's none of anybody's business why you would or wouldn't join.

- if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
    Sometimes, but not all the time. Rather, you'd end up opting for the safest rank, as far away from enemy fire as possible. You'd rather voluntarily become a nurse, medic, or part of the M*A*S*H unit... or join the Peace Corps.

- you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort
    You wouldn't use weapons, period. Rather, you'd stay clear and far away from someone who offends you. If you need to fight, you'd do it ONLY if your life was in clear and present danger.

- getting financially stable is your number 1 priority
    Getting financially stable is ONE of your top priorities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead
    - the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you
    - you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive
    - your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
    - when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)
    - if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
    - you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort
    - getting financially stable is your number 1 priority
    More or less, yes.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    elfboy- you use way too many stereotypes and paint with a spray gun where a very fine brush should be required... every time you start a thread like this you just end up getting a bunch of negative reactions. You'd think, as a self typed primary Ne user, that you'd be able to connect the dots

Ginkgo

Reaction to thread amuses me. I'm thinking the reaction is due to personal feelings about Elfboy, which are easily encouraged by the agency of anti-stereotypical self-preservation. To me, it's obvious the OP was in jest, and loosely based on stereotype. While the consequences of the thread are significant, so are the intentions of the person opening the floor for the conversation.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Reaction to thread amuses me. I'm thinking the reaction is due to personal feelings about Elfboy, which are easily encouraged by the agency of anti-stereotypical self-preservation. To me, it's obvious the OP was in jest, and loosely based on stereotype. While the consequences of the thread are significant, so are the intentions of the person opening the floor for the conversation.
    First of all, stereotypes are funnier when they're mildly accurate.

Secondly, I DON'T DO ANY OF THE ABOVE AND NEITHER DOES ELFBOY!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THREATENING ME!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

Or:

You may be SP-aux if your first reaction to this thread was to reach for your secret stash of cyanide pills.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Or:

You may be SP-aux if your first reaction to this thread was to reach for your secret stash of cyanide pills.
    I need to hide those cyanide pills from you. Also, missed you!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    First of all, stereotypes are funnier when they're mildly accurate.

Secondly, I DON'T DO ANY OF THE ABOVE AND NEITHER DOES ELFBOY!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THREATENING ME!
    haha, I get it...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Yes, I know some of these will be rather stereotypical and biased but this is all in good humor:

You're always commenting on how comfortable the chairs are.

Someone asks you how the meeting went and you respond by saying "the room was too hot/cold"

You'd rather have a job that promised long term financial security even if you personally didn't enjoy it over one you find personally fulfilling but offered very poor financial security.

You have subscriptions to Health, Prevention, and Money.

You get really peeved when you're forced to deviate from your exercise routine.

You can't understand why people don't care about eating healthy. Okay, you know that some of the junk food does taste good but to you it just isn't worth it.
    Again, cannot relate to these.

Though I am pretty sure I am sp-dom, I can completely relate to not letting people close because I need to preserve my energy and letting people get to know me on MY terms.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    my response is about the same. the puzzlingly negative emotions I seem to evoke from people make me chuckle to myself
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire