User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I see self-preservation as more about protecting my energy and personal space. Money and physical safety are important, but more as necessary conditions for the first two. Attacks on my physical person are an egregious invasion of personal space. Having money allows me to live away from lesser intrusions, and to outfit my dwelling for efficient living.

Being sp-dom does not imply having no concern for others. In fact, the energy I carefully manage by keeping most of the world at a distance is often employed to help others, or in activities of mutual benefit, like my work responsibilities. I am not sure any act is truely selfless, though, for even when helping others, we are usually promoting our own principles and values.
    I agree with that.

Never mind self interest or money or physical things, they change based on circumstance, the one thing that my Sp tendencies are always working to conserve is energy.

For ENTP E7s the natural way of being is to exert and expand energy outwards but for me the Sp instinct plays interference with that and always holds something back "just in case", the two reasons I'm aware of for that are remaining independent and self sufficient at all times, and the concern that I may need it for something else, what happens if I expend all I have and then need it? I can be generous, I can go without physical belongings, I care more about people than how their actions impact on me most of the time but I can't give away all of my energy.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I frequently get told I think of others ahead of myself too much...and if I feel threatened or endangered in some respect my first thought tends to be "my folks will be so upset if something happens to me..." ...and I'm still pretty sure I'm sp-first, so these don't seem very relevant...

I've never seen it suggested (before now!) that being sp-first means a total disinterest in altruism. Sx-first certainly doesn't automatically suggest an interest in altruism, and I don't think so-first is the only variant which allows for altruism!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead
    - the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you
    - you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive
    - your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
    - when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)
    - if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
    - you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort
    - getting financially stable is your number 1 priority
    Can't relate. I think this is a bit harsh.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead

I would never think of inheritance money if my mom died. I wouldn't even want to look at it. My only selfish concern in this case would be the loss of a major social support. My mother has nothing to do with my finances to begin with, though.

- the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you

Yea, this one I mildly relate to. I am very good to others, but need to put my own needs first before I am up to taking care of others.

- you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive

If you mean like, go to college and obtain a good paying career, yes.

- your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally

Uh. I don't think I'd be in a situation like that. If my friend died of an OD, it wouldn't be my fault, that's for sure.

- when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)

Ha, yea, actually.

- if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
    No, I would just grin and bear it. I figure my aversion to fighting has more to do with having a good dose of 9ness than being sp.

- you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort

True. Another situation I can't see myself in though. I would only fight for self defense.
    - getting financially stable is your number 1 priority

Yea, it's way up there on my priority list.

This is all money and safety focused. Everyone needs safety and a roof over their head though. It's a Maslow hierarchy thing.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
    Brings back so many memories...

Well actually, it reminds me of when one of my best friends killed himself, and I didn't answer my new co-workers' questions, "How did he die?" partly because I was afraid of the image it would paint of me, being "best friends" with people who'd had such problems.

I know that's not fair. Forgive me...

On the other hand, I wasn't about to go back to his house and take back the stuff I loaned him, as some suggested at the time. I didn't want to go anywhere near that house (the site of his death, specifically his room).
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Glycerine

To the OP: WTF!?!? You always amaze me.

EDIT: ok reading through the whole thread I understand the intent.

Being SP makes it so that I am really hard to get to know. It's like pulling teeth. People get to know me on my OWN terms. My best friend doesn't know much about me but more than most. I think I even sometimes try to mislead people so they can't get to know me. Ironically, I am usually fairly blunt and honest. If someone tries to control me against my will, I make their life a living hell until they stop. I absolutely HATE being controlled. That is what SP dom is to me.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, I know some of these will be rather stereotypical and biased but this is all in good humor:

You're always commenting on how comfortable the chairs are.

Someone asks you how the meeting went and you respond by saying "the room was too hot/cold"

You'd rather have a job that promised long term financial security even if you personally didn't enjoy it over one you find personally fulfilling but offered very poor financial security.

You have subscriptions to Health, Prevention, and Money.

You get really peeved when you're forced to deviate from your exercise routine.

You can't understand why people don't care about eating healthy. Okay, you know that some of the junk food does taste good but to you it just isn't worth it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Yes, I know some of these will be rather stereotypical and biased but this is all in good humor:

Someone asks you how the meeting went and you respond by saying "the room was too hot/cold"

You'd rather have a job that promised long term financial security even if you personally didn't enjoy it over one you find personally fulfilling but offered very poor financial security.

You can't understand why people don't care about eating healthy. Okay, you know that some of the junk food does taste good but to you it just isn't worth it.
    hahahahahahaha. These are cute. (well, because they're mostly true!! ) The bolded is the funniest! Except you can change "the exercise routine" to a whole lot of stuff. "The coffee routine, the waking up routine, the meal routine, the money organizing strategy..."

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm actually pretty messy and don't take very good care of myself in terms of food and exercise. But...my apartment reminds me of a nest. Stuff I like scattered about everywhere. And I've noticed that I create a nest wherever I go. I was out and about yesterday and found a nice bench to read etc on for a while and within moments of sitting down I had my stuff spread out around me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post

I can relate to the bolded ones.

(see, it is possible to make funny generalizations without crossing the line into calling SP-doms sociopathic robots...)
    -end of thread-