MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    I'll try

I recognize part of myself in you (though you have far more resilience than I ever had), in that, when tossing out how you 'feel' in words, it is true and consistent and from the heart, but it crudely translates into words. And we tend to gloss over that coz the intent of it is what we feel matters. Unfortunately, when you don't polish your words and rephrase and bounce back to yourself how others, with different perspectives on life than yourself, are likely to interpret it, it's kinda like you're speaking broken english, the level that japanese tourists have

So, chances are, the things you're trying to convey aren't going to be understood by others, as they don't have the same way of thinking that you do, and you're not 'translating' those raw thoughts/feelings in a way they can assess as accurate. When I first came here, I did the same. And man did I curse Ti -users (still do sometimes, filthy little buggers ), but they did teach me one thing: grammar nazi's and nitpickers that they are, they flesh out the meaning of every word in your every sentence, in order to accurately portray the idea. And that's something that is worth learning, in order to avoid these kinda of repeat misunderstandings, coz, as you can tell, it's hard to reset those once they get started. It's like a frigging avalanche, especially with fellow Ne-users, as they'll start interpreting shit from your sloppy sentences that aren't there..and it's hard to convince them otherwise.

Btw, I'm seriously aware of the fact that I've just demonstrated my own case, as I didn't bother to 'socially' filter my text. My guess is (I like living on the edge) that you'll get what I'm saying as we're both NeFi and like to brainstorm..and don't mind brainstorm-'drafts'. Others may completely misread what I've just stated...we'll see. Ohh it'll be fun
    you're very wise
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm just tired of stereotypes being thrown around on the site... they're fucking annoying, especially if everyone negatively stereotypes you all of the time :steam:
    stereotypes and generalizations are different. a generalization is like "type X is more likely to exhibit Y behavior and avoid Z" generalizations are only bad when they're used with the intent of giving a negative image to a certain group. the miscommunication comes because they generalization's intent has to be explicitly stated.

a stereotype is "SJs are rigid bureaucrats" or "ENFPs are unreliable and don't ever get stuff done" stereotypes limit people to only being capable of what others perceive their group to be like as a whole. I'm with you on this one. stereotypes are just silly and limit human potential
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm sp and those are absurd - and suggest sociopathic tendencies, too, if you're not exaggerating.
    I'm with you, I didn't relate to anything...the sx thread seems cool, I might change type.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

When I see an sp-dom, I'm immediately struck by:

...their incredible independence and competence at maintaining it
    ...their quick insight into what is needed to benefit the situation and the people in it, but especially themselves
    ...their ability to make me feel safe, despite mocking me for being such an sp-tard
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

haha, I am definitely an sp type then. Always turned out that way on enneagram tests, but it makes even more sense now!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

...their ability to make me feel safe, despite mocking me for being such an sp-tard
    I relate to that last one, the others too, but that last one more.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    what is its purpose, then? (if it's "for fun", you'll need to explain a little more since it doesn't really seem "fun" or "funny" to me)
    I think it's more sick than fun.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When I see an sp-dom, I'm immediately struck by:

...their incredible independence and competence at maintaining it
    ...their quick insight into what is needed to benefit the situation and the people in it, but especially themselves
    As a probable sp-dom, this makes sense to me. I see self-preservation as more about protecting my energy and personal space. Money and physical safety are important, but more as necessary conditions for the first two. Attacks on my physical person are an egregious invasion of personal space. Having money allows me to live away from lesser intrusions, and to outfit my dwelling for efficient living.

Being sp-dom does not imply having no concern for others. In fact, the energy I carefully manage by keeping most of the world at a distance is often employed to help others, or in activities of mutual benefit, like my work responsibilities. I am not sure any act is truely selfless, though, for even when helping others, we are usually promoting our own principles and values.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead
    - the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you
    - you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive
    - your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
    - when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)
    - if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
    - you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort
    - getting financially stable is your number 1 priority
    Ummm... no, not at all.

You know you are self-preservation if you put posts like this on your ignore list.

Elfboy, you are really working hard at making us sp's sound like sociopaths.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead
    - the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you
    - you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive
    - your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
    - when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)
    - if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
    - you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort
    - getting financially stable is your number 1 priority
    1.no, but possibly don't know my parents aren't dead we'll see
    2. lies!
    3.um my friend dies of a drug overdose why would I think that? if it was a violent death accident and I was their than yes that makes sense.
    4.I can't join the military but not the point. If I had to I'd run away the military's not for me
    5.same thing as above
    6.the only reason why is i'd get my ass kicked
    7. it's a priority but so is having friends and a support system

hmmmm I am defiently SP and none of this makes sense.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so