Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sp and hoarding?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Arrow Sp and hoarding?

As like gathering and keeping things for future use.

I read that E5 tends to do that but I wonder if this is a Sp trait as well. I find myself getting and saving many things I rarely use. Or maybe I'm just a compulsive shopper, buying stuff I don't really need.

Does the tendency to hoard accumulate and save things manifest in you guys in any way?
    Last edited by Goosebump; 01-18-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

Phantonym

4w5 sp/so here. I guess I could call myself a hoarder, but I'm mostly concerned about the practicality of things and get stuff I will definitely use in the future. I just hate being short of anything I might need some day, I like to be prepared for anything.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm not a hoarder now. I think as a kid I was somewhat of a pack rat, largely because I started all these different types of collections. I eventually grew out of it and either sold or threw away most of that stuff. I'm glad I'm not a hoarder. It feels good to be free from all the clutter. Sometimes less is more. I like simplicity. Once in a while I've found that I previously threw something away that I now need. But it's rarely a big deal because I can always buy another one. I'd rather make that mistake than not throw anything away and then not being able to find it later because I've got too much stuff.

My dad is a big-time pack rat who never wants to throw anything away. I think he's a type 9, self-pres. It causes problems at times with his wife who would like to just be able to get rid of some of the clutter.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I don't like the word hoarder but I buy lots of crap and don't often get around to getting rid of lots of other crap to make room *grin*

... but yus, it can be related to sp-ness.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Some things I keep around because of sentimental value (i.e. cards, drawings), and other things I keep around because I still use them. If anything, I have a problem with over packing... I feel like I have to bring my life with me whenever I go someplace.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

9w8 sp/sx, I don't like hoarding and love space.

Just a statistic Array rhinosaur's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Self-pres here, probably 5w4 or 5w6 sp, and yes, I have hoarding tendencies. Gradually training myself to "let go" of things, and that sometimes not having something is worth more than the item itself is worth.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    4w5

I see a lot of hoarders being SFP's or just F's in general, as they often seem extremely attatched to the things that they're hoarding. It can apply to any type, though.

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I may be 6w5 or maybe, 5w6, and sp/so according to some random test, seems fairly accurate.

I have hoarding tendencies with things that I could/will use in the future, even if that future only happens every few years or os. But I hate the look of clutter so all the "hoardings" stay in the basement or at least in neat containers. I don't buy much though. That's what the "hoarding" is for, so I can avoid rebuying things. It just makes sense, as long as I have the space and the things don't expire. I don't have an emotional attachment to them per se, though I'd get pretty irritated if I had to throw everything out since it'd mean buying a lot of stuff to replace it when it was eventually needed!

My parents are both hoarders (one of them could easily be on the show) so I didn't learn much about organizing or staying tidy/clean growing up. Still learning. But it gave me a great example of what will happen if I get lazy about it.
    -end of thread-

Just a statistic Array rhinosaur's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Unregistered View Post
    I see a lot of hoarders being SFP's or just F's in general, as they often seem extremely attatched to the things that they're hoarding. It can apply to any type, though.
    I think the thread is about Enneagram subtype, not Kiersey's.