• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] How does Sx merge with another person?

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I'm not sure if this topic has been made before but I'm testing out my luck anyway. :p

I can grasp the concept of merging with nature, music, career, idea, etc. but I don't really understand how exactly one merges with another. I'm trying to figure out whether I'm sx/sp or sp/sx. I'm very sure I'm one of the two but I don't really relate to the concept of merging with another person. I mean, I love to have a deep and interesting conversation with a person to know more about them, but I don't think I've ever felt like I'm "one" with them. And for the record, I've never been in love or a relationship so I wonder if that has to do with anything.

So, my questions are

Does merging only apply to sexual attraction or just people in general?

How do Sx know when they merge with someone?

What does it feel like to merge with someone?

How often does that usually happen?

EDIT: Also, what is your instinctual variant?

I wonder if Sx first would more likely to experience this merging of people than Sx second.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It applies to attraction, period -- sexual or not.

How does Sx know when they merge with someone?

For me, I get a deep, intense charge that often strikes me as soon as I start relating to them. It's a huge sense of rightness, of immersion, of intuitive connection, of jus being able to say anything and be completely understood, and understanding them. Like a spiral circle of energy flying around and around and around from me to them and back to me, continuously running full-tilt.

I don't do drugs, but I'm sure it would feel similar to a persistent ecstatic/transcendent rush. And I long to keep talking to them / being with them. It's like you're dropping into each other, if that makes sense.

Sort of what I said above. You're "in the zone" with them and vice versa. Just totally in sync.

Not very.

There's a lot of people I can connect with and enjoy and feel basically understood by, but who I can't say I'm merging with and who I've have an immediate jolt of connection with.

gromit

likes this
Hm. My only experiences have been bad. The other person’s anger or frustrations with life just showing up inside of me or something. Or feeling like what I want doesn’t matter. It starts out good but then just becomes really bad after awhile. I’ve been pretty careful about maintaining my distance recently after a couple really bad experiences.

I think I am sp/sx though. For me, becoming a part of a creative process or a search for understanding seems to be something I can control a lot more and be much more reasonable about.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for me it's this feeling of wanting to climb inside someone and experience things as they do...or wishing you could transfer your brain to theirs or vice versa...it only happens with people i love or am fascinated by.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for me it's this feeling of wanting to climb inside someone and experience things as they do

:) That sounds an awful lot like another phrase I have used for it -- "climbing inside each other's skin." Yeah.

rav3n

My preference is to view sx not as sexual but as intimacy. I'm guessing it can happen with anyone, whether sexual attraction is there or not.

It's unmistakeable.

You know exactly where the other person is coming from at almost all times. That is unless you're in conflict. Then as an sx/sp, the wall goes up and blocks for self-protective reasons.

It's only happened to me once. The amount of trust that is given between connected individuals is staggering. But the take away is also staggering. Not sure I can ever do it again. But then, I'm not sure I could resist its siren call forever, if it came knocking.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
attraction in general. not just to people. but activities also.

i want to wear their skin.

i want to wear their skin. and make a hat out of their hair.

once in awhile, usually when i'm least expecting it.
i don't think the resources will run out ever, it'll continually happen,
makes me feel sane that i can be off guard without feeling i'll be missing out.

gromit

likes this
Haha... all this talk of being inside of someone... I don't relate to that at all. :thelook:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Holy hell, you guys are scary!!

/sp out

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you ladies Buffalo Bills or sx primes?
*is frightened*

Gee, you are SO literal.
Crawling inside someone's skin for real sounds about as exciting as climbing inside a gutted tauntaun.

:alttongue:

Lady X said:
ha! i kept my wanting to consume them thought to myself so as to not freak anyone out haha

I have an aversion to spiders.
... which I think is one reason I'm adverse to devouring other people figuratively or realistically.
(among many others)

The last thing I'd ever want to be for myself is a human spider.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Haha... all this talk of being inside of someone... I don't relate to that at all. :thelook:

Me neither.

But then it seems to me this merging experience is VERY rare so maybe I am ABLE to merge but just haven't experienced it yet.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's being so fascinated by someone's mind or personality that you focus in on them in this really intense way. You just feel this deep sense of rightness about them, like someone said. This can be sexual or non-sexual.

Also, sometimes I think two sx together can be bad. Depends on the health level of each person. Too much "merging" can lead to fights.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I do emphatically relate and I'm supposed to be sp/so...so yeah...

8840__320x240_human-skin-rug.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Holy hell, you guys are scary!!

/sp out

*chases the sp around and obsessively scans environment for subtle wormholes of potential openness where I could start to "merge"*

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is getting all Dune on me *fear*