User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Are you overly concerned with your desirability?

I do worry about my desirability, but I'm not obsessed by it

Are you obssessed with something or somebody?

Yes, both, always.

What kind of intense experience attract you? Do you actively reach it?

None really, the only intense experiences I have are because the degree to which I pursue them, not something innate to the experience itself (eating pie vs. skydiving).

Are you paranoid in relationships? Jealous?

Yes, they reinforce each other.

Atention whoreness?

I surely hope not.

Are you agressive?

I don't consider myself aggressive, but I've gotten feedback to the contrary.

Do you cultivate your masculinity? Feminity? Androgigny?

No, but I'm quite outwardly feminine because of my aesthetic preferences.

Are you or were you confused about your sexual orientation?

Not at all, I've been boy crazy since I was a toddler.

Do you fear intimacy? Avoidant?

I fear vulnerability.

How much are you opened to new sexual experiences?

I'm a virgin, but I think I'd be willing to do most things, barring the involvement of other people.

How much are you opened to new experiences as a general rule?

I'm average in this regard.

Do you aspire to "become one" with something or somebody?

Yes, It is the overarching goal of my life.

Do you consider yourself as sexy?

Not by a long shot.

Do you often receive compliments? How do you react to this?

I become bashful.

Have you some passion for something or someone?

Yes, both.

How do you deal with peoples of the six differents variants (including the yours)?

I'm not experienced enough at typing people to say.

What is(are) the variant(s) of you mate(s)?

I don't have one.

Do you identify with some desirable, sexy image and tend to look like them?

Quite the opposite, really.

As an Sx/Sp, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and self-pres instincts?

It is tog o' war with my soul, devil and devil on my shoulders, they are equally strong and satisfying one dissatisfies the other.

MBTI
    INTP

Only if I am actively in sx-mode toward someone, and then I'm conscious about it and strive to counter my subconscious' tendencies toward immature or questionable motives.

Are you obsessed with something or somebody?
    Not now. I have been obsessed 5 times in my life, the most recent being the most... helpful to me; I grew a lot and learned a lot about myself through the experience.

Intellectual stimulation, easily. I actively seek it, but with intent to control my strong sx.

Never. The other is given complete independence, as I demand for myself. I generally trust too much, and when someone hurts me I withdraw for a period of time--but I rarely cease trusting them anyhow, I am simply less inclined to open myself up/become vulnerable to them.

Attention whoreness?
    Never.

Are you aggressive?
    Never.

I cultivate individualism and equality in everyone I know well. Masculinity and Femininity are social constructs which I do not believe in (and am consciously aware of), even if I have the usual/standard social indoctrination from living in a media-ridden world.

No. I don't know why I am straight, but I am. I have absolutely nothing against bi, gay, etc., and have minor curiosity toward it all, but not enough to experiment with any of it at this time in my life. I assume I am only attracted to women based on the aforementioned media's influence, but again haven't dedicated much thought on the matter.

I never fear intimacy--actually I embrace it. However I actively dislike too much physical closeness, and loathe it when people expect me to "hang out" with them more than at my own pace. (Which is a very slow pace, hah. Hanging out once a week maybe twice would be ideal...)

Very open, but have only had 2 sexual partners in my life so far, and am not very interested in casual sex.

Very open, although I generally go back to something I know I enjoy. For example, given the opportunity to see a new place I will go. After having gone, I would prefer to go to a place I love and enjoy than to go back to a place I've only been once. I guess once I've experienced something once, unless it's comparable to other options, I'll stick with what I already enjoy. Same goes to trying food.

I would like to be understood by someone, someday--doesn't have to have romantic ties to that understanding; a close friend would be fine. That understanding would have to encompass that I continually grow and change, and that I cannot truly be "understood." I would also like someone with great depth to understand and learn. Again, doesn't have to be in a romantic capacity, although if they are female I would probably want to go toward that due to my sx/sp.

I don't consider myself like that. I am confident in who I am, and conscious of my occasional desire to change the way I look to appear "better" to others; a desire which I view as unhealthy and immature, brought on by the environment I've grown up in.

I generally assume compliments are useless facts stated with a manipulative intent, but not a malicious intent; I don't usually give them or understand them too well.

Some things yes. Someone, no.

How do you deal with peoples of the six different variants (including the yours)?
    I'll have to get back to this one; I've not done a lot of research into it.

One of my ex's is an sx/??. The other I don't know.

Not at all.

As an Sx/Sp, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and self-pres instincts?
    Very frustrating. Cerebrally I understand and know that others might or will "hurt" me when I express my strong attraction to them and/or outright disconnect from me. My sp fears this, and does not want to take the risks involved. My sx pushes very hard, wanting to be expressed and doesn't want to take the risk of "what if." Usually I am able to rely on my sp "instincts" enough to prevent actually getting in too deep, but on the few occasions my sx pushed past, I struggled to remove myself from the person.

It usually takes complete disconnect from a person for me to emotionally let go, which drives my Fe crazy. I understand the possible ramifications in how they would react or become hurt by my disconnect, but at the same time realize that because they cannot reciprocate feelings for me, I understand that it would hurt just as much or worse for me to irritate them with my "overly expressive" presence, or inversely I feel like I may lose control over what I assume are immature sx tendencies, and turn them completely off/hurt them by expressing myself.
    Last edited by TacEight; 10-21-2010 at 03:14 AM.
    INTP - Ti > Ne > Te > Ni > Fi > Se > Fe > Si

I am not a Strange Loop, for I will always grow and mature.

Society is a Strange Loop, preventing us from growing and maturing.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Are you overly concerned with your desirability? No, things happen exactly when they need to

Are you obssessed with something or somebody? I am obsessed with my destiny

What kind of intense experience attract you? Do you actively reach it? I like knowledgeable people and adventures

Are you paranoid in relationships? Jealous? I was several years ago, I've mellowed out now

Attention whoreness? 70% yes 30% no

Are you agressive? When provoked yes

Do you cultivate your masculinity? Feminity? Androgigny? Trying to find my feminine side as we speak

Are you or were you confused about your sexual orientation? No

Do you fear intimacy? Avoidant? I don't fear intimacy, i am worried i am going to keep on attracting the same kind of people though

How much are you open to new sexual experiences? Bring it on.

How much are you opened to new experiences as a general rule? Pretty much but i am fussy with food

Do you aspire to "become one" with something or somebody? Yes

Do you consider yourself as sexy? No

Do you often receive compliments? How do you react to this? Yes, it's flattering

Have you some passion for something or someone? Not someone but something yes .. Passion for life

How do you deal with peoples of the six differents variants (including the yours)? People are people first, labels second

What is(are) the variant(s) of you mate(s)? Not ready for that kind of thing yet

Do you identify with some desirable, sexy image and tend to look like them? No, i don't follow, i lead

As an Sx/So, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and social instincts? I am not sure. I very easily get along with people in general and i love talking to strangers. Maybe i'm naive to my sexual instincts, i don't know.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Questions for Sx peoples

Are you overly concerned with your desirability? Not mine so much but I do have a great concern for the concept of desire in the abstract

Are you obsessed with something or somebody?

Yes, I hope this obsession will last (most are short)...because its particularly fun.

Mostly theory but sometimes people. This time its especially nice because this person is as nuts (possibly even more or more intensely at least for the short term) over me as I them (think she must be sx too)

Occasionally. Relatively not too bad in typical day to day events. More susceptible to extreme circumstances.

Attention whoreness?

Occasionally at prime moments...often spend just as much time trying to keep a low profile. Manic back and forth.

Are you aggressive?

Passive punctuated by moments of intense aggression or passion typical to a 5w4.

Do you cultivate your masculinity? Femininity? Androgyny?

Yes...all three at different times...androgigny is the most fun (i.e. acting like a slightly stuck up/free spirit Dandy)

Only younger. When I wondered when the hell I some hot babe gonna get some sexual orient me (without me having to approach or do jackshit...like what always happens in the movies.

Not physical intimacy but deeper emotional intimacy yes...regardless, when I throw myself into it I go all out balz to the wall.

Very

Pretty much open to it. Although to some's surprise, I do have my limitations. If another man is thrown into the mix of group sex then strict application of the "no touching rule" need be applied. Lol

Yes, at least temporary. Don't want to lose "myself" in the process but open to evolving for the better.

I'm just like this guy, you know. I think the fact that so many other people are or act so unsexy that it makes me look/be perceived sexy by comparison.

Not fucken often enough assholes!
    (just kidding I am pretty lucky at receiving more than my fair share of complements. One of the reasons is...is that I am quite good at proper protocols for receipt of complements)

Yes

How do you deal with peoples of the six different variants (including the yours)?

Don't know, don't care. How long is this survey anywhoo?

Think she is sx too
    Chicks butts and boobs...and camel toe. Also almost every part of my girlfriends face and body I tend to erocticize

Sexual trumps self preservation in general

As an Sx/So, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and social instincts?

The two complement each other in general. Sexual motivates me to be social.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes, tho I'ld never admit it.

Yes

Yes

Atention whoreness?

Yes

Are you agressive?

No

Yes, it's always one imago of those three

No, I am not attracted by the male body but I can be attracted by beautiful souls.

I am avoidant when it comes to first contact. I am bad at braking the ice

I'ld say 6 on a scala of 7

6 on a scala of 7 aswell. But with one partner. I believe in the growth of mind and I am a very adaptive person, I cant switch from partner to partner and still have fun.

Ohhh yes

I seldom consider myself in anything

I feign I didnt hear them

Yes indeed

How do you deal with peoples of the six differents variants (including the yours)?

I try to respect them

sx

When I was younger

As an Sx/So, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and social instincts?

Uhhm, hidden
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm certainly more concerned than some people. I tend to imagine myself through 'lover's eyes' as it were, that is, through the eyes of an idealised partner.

Obsessive, yep. Not for people I actually know though, at least so far (haven't really fallen for someone yet, not been in an LTR) - more a particular writer, artist, album, idea, project, whatever. I can fall into things pretty completely if I feel they "click" with me, but then it gets to a point when something in my brain goes "okay, you've taken everything from that you're going to get" and I lose interest pretty much overnight.

First and foremost, theatre. It's what I want to do with my life, directing specifically, and it seems to fit my needs so exactly - realising a personal vision, "deep" connection with others, [obsessive] focus on the play's concept/idea (my Ni loves this).
    Interestingly, a lot of interviews with theatre pples I've read use language I tend to associate with sx-doms: describing theatre as a drug, an addiction, intense experience, like being in love even. Does the field have a high population of sx-doms I wonder?
    But I think also, as was mentioned above, it's not so much the intensity of the experience itself as the intense way one's energy is focused on it.
    Also film, photography, walking, other things...and certainly good (ie "deep" haha) conversation. Am trying to strive for these things more actively - without treading on other's toes too much.

Don't know..

Atention whoreness?
    Maybe at times...I dunno, it's hard to be objective, I don't know what the standard is...

Are you agressive?
    In a way - particularly in groups. It's not an intentional thing but I may come across that way. Without the more measured, broadly aware energy of SO, so in a group Fe tries to draw on what "should be said" but the seeking, pushing energy of sx tends to come on too strong, be too emphatic. Then if I realise I've "done something wrong" (am never quite sure what, or how it could have been avoided though :/) and sp snaps back and I withdraw.

I cultivate attractiveness and/or bold individuality, which in my head are closely associated.

Yeah, vaguely.

Do have avoidant tendencies, but am working on them. Dunno about fearing intimacy.

This doesn't mean much to me in the abstract, I'd have to decide on a specific instance with a specific person I s'pose.

Again, finding it hard to judge. Less open than ENxPs ...

Part of me knows this is realistically impossible and/or just the result of recognising a suitable genetic match. Another part of me screams and stamps its foot: "but I still want it, dammit!"

Erm, I try to be - or rather, I try to be "attractive", as it's more than about sex. Don't know if it succeeds, but meh.

I want compliments a lot - but when I've actually got them have no idea how to react.

See above theatre rant.

Don't know enough pple's variants for sure to say, really.

Don't have one atm.

Have done in the past actually. But I felt that was rather self-rejecting after a while.

Fraught. Have repressed sx in the past, possibly/probably because it doesn't receive much support from close family (parents both sp/so - and yes, there goes another 4 claiming to be misunderstood as a child!). Now I'm more aware of it through Enneagram research etc, it's easier, but still kinda like trying to keep two utterly different plates spinning at once. The emotional storm is always brewing (cliche but the metaphor seems to capture the essence of how it feels). But it's good too.
    Last edited by Quickening; 10-14-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: words omitted

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE

QUOTE=Speed Gavroche;1348720]

Are you overly concerned with your desirability? nah, have yet to ever be rejected in my life. so im not concerned at all. i know how desireable i am.

Are you obssessed with something or somebody? somebody..no. something? yeh. random day/road trips and adventures.

What kind of intense experience attract you? Do you actively reach it? anything that is extreme. white water rafting, skydiving, rock climbing, surfing. and yes, i seek it out.

Are you paranoid in relationships? Jealous? nah. insecurity breeds paranoia and jealousy. not my style.

Atention whoreness? you wont find a bigger whore than me

Are you agressive? extremely.

Do you cultivate your masculinity? Feminity? Androgigny? i like to think of myself as a girly tomboy lol

Are you or were you confused about your sexual orientation? never.

Do you fear intimacy? Avoidant? nope.

How much are you opened to new sexual experiences? very.

How much are you opened to new experiences as a general rule? ill try anything once!

Do you aspire to "become one" with something or somebody? what? like getting married? yeh sure. eventually...

Do you consider yourself as sexy? damn straight!

Do you often receive compliments? How do you react to this? a lot. i just smile and say thanks.

Have you some passion for something or someone? im passionate about just about everything in my life.

How do you deal with peoples of the six differents variants (including the yours)? adapt as needed i guess. dont know much about the other types other than my own.

What is(are) the variant(s) of you mate(s)? dunno. currently in bachlorette status.

Do you identify with some desirable, sexy image and tend to look like them? nah, im just me. cant be anything else. never understood people who try to be anything other than themselves.

As an Sx/Sp, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and self-pres instincts? n/a

As an Sx/So, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and social instincts? not really sure i understand this question. ill read everyone else answers so i can understand it better.[/QUOTE]
    Life's a Garden, Dig it

8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

A little. I wouldn't say óverly' though.

At times...yeah.

Those that leave me feeling good afterwards, or that I've learned a valuable lesson, as well as those I know I will hold dear in my memory. I'd take action to reach these experiences if they were positive.

I never had a relationship...but...
    I'm paranoid about starting relationships and dealing with people's flaws...I'd say I'm jealous of people in relationships within reason (ex. The tripolar OCD bitch that somehow has a fantastic boyfriend...I mean, she's fucking crazy and miserable...I don't see why?)

Atention whoreness?

Nah.

Are you agressive?

When I need to be. I'm usually the opposite most of the time.

Not really. I like to dress feminine at times, but I act like a dude.

There was a point where I thought I mightvé been bisexual a couple years ago (I was crushing on a girl for a short period of time).

Now I just like boys...nah, I love them.

Extremely. Being emotionally or physically vulnerable with someone I don't trust 100% makes me run far far away.

I'm still a virgin, but I'm basically willing to try anything within boundaries.

Very.

No.

You can't believe how much I am in love with myself and how sexy I think I am!

Yes. I'm usually humble about it.

I wish.

Like I deal with any person?

N/A

No.

They fight. A lot.
    I feel I won't belong if I go and pursue something I'm passionate about, but the latter usually prevails if I'm in a healthy state of mind. Story of my life.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Thank you for all your answers. This is very interesting.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Only when there is someone I would like to desire me

I can be, but not right now.

Just being close to people and being able to share myself with them and vice versa.

Never been in a relationship, have been slightly jealous

Atention whoreness?
    No

Are you agressive?
    No

I tend to be androgynous. I don't try to conform to a standard.

Have been slightly confused. My sexuality is mostly heterosexual but it isn't clean cut.

Oh yes.

Not much.

I tend to be cautious with these, but I am not closed off from them.

In a matter of speaking, yes, I suppose.

Hehe no.

Not that often. Polite thanks.

At times, very intense passion.

Dunno. Just learned this stuff.

Have none.

No.

Unhelpful.

JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."