First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Are you over concerned with your desirability?
    No, I'm very secure in my desirability. I know my strengths and my weaknesses. I maximize my strengths and minimize my weaknesses, and the overall package is me.

Are you obssessed with something or somebody?
    Yes. I'm obsessed with my wife. I'm also obsessed with my Access Virus KC virtual analog synthesizer.

What kind of intense experiences attract you? Do you actively reach it?
    I'm attracted to all kinds of intense experiences. I am an adrenaline fiend. I reach these experiences when I seek them out, or when they come across my path and everything is a go.

Are you paranoid in relationships? Jealous?
    I've never been paranoid or jealous in any relationship.

Atention whoreness?
    Guilty!

Are you aggressive?
    Yes, when necessary.

Do you cultivate your masculinity? Feminity? Androgigny?
    I cultivate my masculinity to an extreme. To me, being a man is not just being big and strong, that is only a small part of it. It is also necessary to be intelligent, hard working, devoted, compassionate, inventive, spontaneous, brave in the face of danger, and many other awesome virtues if you want modern day "man" credibility, at least in my book.

Are you or were you confused about your sexual orientation?
    Never.

Do you fear intimacy? Avoidant?
    No, I seek intimacy. I am secure, not avoidant.

How much are you opened to new sexual experiences?
    Anything wifey and I want to do goes within the bounds of the marriage.

How much are you opened to new experiences as a general rule?
    My middle name is Dionysus. I have a huge libido.

Do you aspire to "become one" with something or somebody?
    Yes, but not in any context that exterminates a part of my individuality.

Do you consider yourself as sexy?
    Hell yes.

Do you often receive compliments? How do you react to this?
    Occasionally, yes. Sometimes for being fit, more often for being funny or nice.

Have you some passion for something or someone?
    Yes. My wife, music, bodybuilding, and life in general!

How do you deal with peoples of the six differents variants (including the yours)?
    I don't consider Ennegram as part of my interpersonal relationship skill set. I couldn't tell you how I deal with other types. I know what the Enneagram types of some of my friends are. That's it.

What is(are) the variant(s) of you mate(s)?
    My wife is a Ring 1.

Do you identify with some desirable, sexy image and tend to look like them?
    No. I identify with an ideal and try to emulate it. I don't try to model my own development after other people. I am my own person.

As an Sx/So, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and social instincts?
    I honestly don't know. I'll read other's responses and try to get a better understanding of this question.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

probably, yeah... though in terms of style it's tempered with a good deal of artistic fun. and at the end of the day, fun probably overrides desirability... because if someone doesn't like me while i'm having fun, then i don't really care about having any kind of relationship with them.

sometimes. my crushes and relationships tend to last a long time and be intense, and i usually have one or two things i focus on a lot over phases of time. i ebb and flow a lot too, though... some days i will be much more passive and other days much more assertive.

What kind of intense experience attract you? Do you actively reach it?

a. stuff like peak experiences - i think half of that made me think i was an e7. moving fast - i looove driving (fast) - rollercoasters, anytime i feel like i'm flying, going out on the speedboat, crisis situations, travelling... and of course deep connections with people, too.

b. some things more than others. i try to be hesitant with relationships, because i know when i fall, i fall hard

not paranoid at all, though a little jealous sometimes... i trust my partner but at the same time i'll get that little twinge when they're really focusing on other people. mostly it's just:

Atention whoreness?

in relationships, i'm very giving of my time and energy and sometimes i wonder why the other person isn't paying as much attention to me. it's not really their fault i'm so overenthusiastic though.

otherwise, yes a little, but i'm fairly subtle about it. i like being the center of attention even though i'm pretty self-conscious.

Are you agressive?

not very physically aggressive, but i am pretty competitive. i can have a fiery temper too... pretty much everyone who knows me well tells me i should be a lawyer, in particular because i can drive arguments into the ground

femininity, yes. i take pride in my tomboyish side, too, though. i like being a girly girl and wearing heels and makeup while driving my manual transmission car. to be honest, i don't even understand why i enjoy being girly so much... i guess in part because it's such a socially-legitimized artistic outlet. i find makeup, shoes, clothes, etc. fun. i guess also because i like girls as well as guys, i understand the attraction of girls. not to say that i'm in love with myself, but i have an extra glimpse into the inherent attractiveness of girly attributes.

yes. catholic school = i didn't even know that multiple forms of sexuality existed. i was SO confused when i had a little crush on my female spanish teacher... to the point of i didn't understand what was going on. i didn't even realize that it was a crush until years later - i just always felt flustered and show-offy around her. one summer day a year after having her, i ran into her in the grocery store when i was sick and looking kind of rough. i cried later because i was so embarrassed, and i STILL didn't get it. lol. and then i thought i only liked the ladies for a while, but that's not true either. recently i've heard that it's cliche to be bi (which is ridiculous bullshit) - but that's what i am, and i am happy with it.

i love intimacy, but i fear it with the wrong person. i'm avoidant when i'm not feeling secure in myself and of the object of my affection's feelings towards me. if i know they love me i might look towards them for reassurance and strength instead.

pretty open.

quite open.

i think at a very core level that all is one, so i don't really think it's something to aspire too. i think we're already there, we just have to realize it. but at the same time, i don't want to be anyone else. i want to be appreciated for who i am and i want to appreciate the other person/thing for what they are. i can fall into the trap of forgetting that, though, especially when i'm working on changing my own image (which i often am).

if you mean sexy in terms of mindset, yes, i am very look-touch-connect-feel oriented. in terms of looks... i think often yes, but sometimes i look more "cute" than sexy too, and that bothers me when i'm trying to look otherwise. i think i come off as sexy when i'm very confident.

often enough. i say thank you and smile, and compliment them back if there's something that stands out as pleasing to me. sometimes i am quite surprised to get them and sometimes i wonder how genuine it is.

too many passions... too much...

How do you deal with peoples of the six differents variants (including the yours)?

sp/so's are the most different from me, which is both good and bad when we're together.

single currently. latest mate was probably an sp/so

yeah, a fictional character too, actually. which in some ways is much better than a real character, because i feel less pressure to be them and more of a desire to interpret them and channel them. it's less idolizing, but i don't really tell anyone. i don't think they'd take it seriously.

As an Sx/So, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and social instincts?

my favorite position to be in is in a smaller group (a couple, in particular) within a larger crowd. i think that's a perfect example of this. i also will tend to give preference to people within a group... it's not that i don't try to listen to everyone, but i tend to focus on one person at a time.

i also think my sp is a total fail.

edit - WOO POST 1000
    Last edited by skylights; 10-05-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: :banana:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Rarely give it any thought.

Nope. Though I have been.

Meh. Not lately. Used to be more of a thrill-seeker. I find most things/people anti-climatic/disappointing.

Paranoid, no. Jealous, can be.

Atention whoreness?
    Nah

Are you agressive?
    I suppose.

The last one sounds interesting.

Kinda

No/Yes

Depends. It's mainly about the other person. I don't find many people sexually attractive.

Pretty open. Though I find it hard to muster enthusiasm for much.

No.

Not really.

Quite often. Don't like it.

Not currently.

Meh. Don't think about it.

Wut?

No.

As an Sx/Sp, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and self-pres instincts?
    Often in conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

no

not anybody. i get sporadic bursts of addiction. and i get over it as quickly as i become interested.

adventures and exploring / not really, it's my normal mode of being.

no / i like to pretend i'm jealous. but i rarely am.

Atention whoreness?
    younger, yes.

Are you agressive?
    very.

i don't really understand this question.
    i enjoy dressing up and taking care of myself.

i used to be. i've come to realise i can only be physically
    attracted to a female. and nothing romantic.
    but i still like dick better.

no / no

i used to write columns about them.

very much so. though maturity has dampered my recklessness.

no. not with the universe, not with anybody. no. NO.

i can be when it's appropriate.

often. i only care if it's from certain people that i admire.

yes, for life. my life.

i don't know.

i don't know.

sex is probably the only area i don't depend on visual imagery as my primary mode of assimilating. i'm more driven by touch.

i'm a pretender in the game of love. i don't know.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like being desirable, but I won't over-invest in it.

No. Except maybe figuring out what to do with my life. I'm tired of floating.

I like something new. New resonating experiences catch me like a hook in my mouth... I'll drink deeply, then once sated, the obsession disappears and that is that.

Paranoid? Only if I don't get enough information, multiple possibilities exist, and I have no way to determine which is correct.

Jealous? Maybe jealous of someone's time, possibly; but I put so many restraints on myself that I think my problem is more the opposite... To many, I might not seem like I care even when I do, that's typically the complaint. I'm too aloof.

Attention whoreness?
    Yes, sometimes; but more to just get an acknowledgement that I'm alive and visible, because I'm personally prone to feeling like I don't exist and I need feedback in order to ground myself / know I'm not imagining things.

Are you aggressive?
    Not typically, although I'm increasingly willing to challenge.

Do you cultivate your masculinity? Feminity? Androgygny?
    Meh. I cultivate myself nowadays, and I'll do whatever thing (masculine or feminine) that fits my needs of the moment.

My sexual orientation is straight-ish, with flex. I think confusion only happens when you try to be something you're not, or try to impose a convenient label over what you're feeling.

I love intimacy, but I hate feeling trapped in a relationship, where I have to stomp on someone I care about in order to get space again.

Had my avoidant streak. I still get it sometimes, but far less than in the past. Avoidant to me is avoiding others because I feel like they implicitly will see me as bad; I sometimes avoid others just to keep from feeling smothered.

How much are you open to new sexual experiences?
    Yes. Try anything (or most things) once.

How much are you open to new experiences as a general rule?
    I'm an explorer. So ... new experiences, new thoughts, new emotions... depending on the risk level.

The best part about physical intimacy to me is feeling like I am part of the beloved... total communion.

Do you consider yourself sexy?
    Sometimes yes.
    Sometimes not at all.

I receive enough, I guess. I typically don't know how to respond, so I often just give the socially appropriate response. I like them but don't want to beg for them; at the same time, I have no idea how to respond when I get them.

Creation.

Complicated question for a short-answer quiz.

Not sure, but SX is probably part of it -- the inability to keep walls up around me and having to immediate go to the core. We're completely unprotected with each other, not really even by choice.

Not really. If anything, I'm more the "girl next door."

As an Sx/Sp, how would you explain the relationships between your sexual and self-pres instincts?
    Antagonistic. I draw close, I dart way; I feel embraced, I feel smothered; I want to belong, I want my freedom.

Right now I just feel like not getting close to anyone, so that I don't inadvertently hurt them when the walls come up again; I'm tired of myself and the flip-flop.

But... I can't live without desiring intimacy, so it's a losing battle.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Alright my sx is second... but I want to answer anyway :P

Yes. Not for everybody, but for people I like. I like being wanted, as much as I like to deny that.

Are you obsessed with something or somebody?

Define obsession? I often ruminate over people I like, yup. I really try to not idealise them though. Recognition of flaws and differences (potential points of contention) bring me back to the ground. I feel different when I don't have any body to think about. I like being genuinely attracted to someone and I like visualising them and doing things to them in my mind >

Oh lord. Intensity; not too much too soon. When I'm ready. Stable, steady but sure and certain connection. I like intense exercise; I'm attracted to expeditions and doing long treks. I have a subtle attraction to danger (even though I fear it). The fear and adrenaline kind of turns me on. Sharing experiences that involve a lot of participation and work. I absolutely CRAVE that. Doing hard work with someone. Were we see all sides of each other and accomplish things together.

A little bit of both. It's never become insidious though.

Atention whoreness?

I'm more about subtlety but in a way yes. A subtle attention whore is still counted as an attention whore right? and only on my terms when I feel it's deserved (and only by people I trust and like). I don't like being the center of attention in every situation I find myself in; definately not. I blend in 95% of the time, become an attention whore, 5%

Are you agressive?

Sometimes yes, especially when I haven't done much exercise. Only around family and on the internets though :P

None of the above. More like sensuality.

Kind of. I've been in a relationship with a women, but i'm more sexually attracted to men by a long shot. It's more about connection to me.

Avoidant, yup

Fairly open, yes yes yes.

As long as I feel safe. I have to push myself though.

Probably only in my imagination because I wouldn't want to overpower somebody. But the need to engulf them sometimes becomes overpowering.

No, I wish!

Sometimes. Depends on who it is, how long i've known them for, how accurate it seems to me. I do get shy and taken aback though because i'm not expecting it.

Dancing, mental health, a guy *blushes*

Be back to answer this question.

But I will say that an intelligent sp/sx with similar values, draws me in like no other.
    Both my parents are lacking in sx, and we barely talk.

n/a

I actually used to be like this. If I was actually sexy, I think I would be more into it. Subtle sex appeal is definitely down my alley.

I'll come back to answer this.

When originally responding, didn't notice the bolded word of being overly concerned. So my response should read, "no".

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm SX last but I'm answering anyway. So there.
    Thought you might all want the SX last perspective.

I'm concerned with desirability in terms of being thought of as interesting and enjoyable to be around, less so in terms of sexual desirability. Just recently I've put more thought into how I come across appearance wise to others. So now, I kind of care somewhat about appearing desirable in terms of looks. I certainly don't want to look slutty though, and I don't want to spend all my time obsessing about it. I still value intelligence above mere looks.

Are you obsessed with something or somebody?

I'm always obsessed about something. I can be obsessed about my job. Or something captures my interest and it totally absorbs me and I have trouble disengaging from it. Rarely I am obsessed with individuals though. I'm more obsessed with ideas.

I don't really know. I avoid too much intensity in my life. I like things more even-keeled. I guess I like some intensity in music and art and in the books I read and the movies I watch.

No to paranoia. Rarely jealous.

Atention whoreness?

No. I do like some attention, we all do. But what I want is the right kind of attention. I'm not one of those desperate people who does stupid things to get attention, which is usually in the form of negative attention. I try to avoid being the center of attention. Too much spotlight makes me uneasy. But I don't want to be overlooked either.

Are you agressive?

Not particularly.

No. I don't cultivate any gender roles. I don't see myself as particularly masculine or feminine. I do what interests me. Gender roles are confining.

No. I know I'm straight but I've had a couple suspect I might be lesbian simply because I never dated in high school and hardly at all in college.

Yes to intimacy. Somewhat to avoidant.

Not very, but more so now then when I had my first sexual encounter. One of my exes had to talk me into trying certain stuff. Like oral sex which I thought was gross.

I'm quite open to new experiences in general as long as they are not dangerous. I will try most anything once.

I'm not so sure I clearly understand what this means. I suppose there have been times I've been so absorbed in some activity I was doing that I totally forgot everything else. Is this what you mean, to become so absorbed with something or someone that you forget about everything else? I guess I strive to be deeply passionate but not to the point where I forget or neglect everything else.

No. I've been told I'm pretty but that's different from being sexy. I am modest in the way I dress and present myself and don't try to show off my assets. I suppose I could be sexy if I really wanted to but its not a top priority.

How often is considered often? I do receive compliments from time to time. I answered this question in another thread. I am prone to questioning the complimenter's sincerity but I thank the person who complimented me. Most of the time, people do genuinely mean it when they complimented.

Most of the compliments I receive are related to intelligence or work related. Once in a while I do receive an appearance related compliment which makes me feel good because I'm not confident in this realm.

Things, not people. I'm passionate about intellectual matters, personality psychology, certain sensory pleasures like music and good food.

I seem most drawn to so/sx/sp. They are warm, friendly, and enthusiastic people. They are little more looser and upbeat than I (an so/sp) is yet don't overwhelm me with intensity the way some of the sx firsters do.

Not dating anyone right now.

One of my exes I would guess was so/sx/sp. I really don't know about the others. One of the them was sx first probably, unsure about the stack.

No. I don't try to emulate people appearance wise.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

A bit... but I feel desirable so I guess I don't obsess over it.

yes, many things

I reach it.

Can be... if I feel insecure

Atention whoreness?
    yup... in an introvert way.

Are you agressive?
    yes

I try to be manly... I want to be thought of as masculine. I think have a fairly sophisticated idea of masculinity.

never

Yes, and I do not trust people for a long time.

very very very open

I live for it.

no

Yes, because I am.

On my looks? All the time... I tend to be a bit shy when I hear it....but I eat it up inside.

yes and yes

I deal with people as individuals.

sp/sx

I am handsome like a movie star... so I just identify with myself. I am sorry if it sounds arrogant and you are the kind of person who is offended by arrogance.. but it is true.

I don't know

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

My sexual orientation is straight-ish, with flex. I think confusion only happens when you try to be something you're not, or try to impose a convenient label over what you're feeling.
    Exactly.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)