User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Can someone forward me to where the meaning for these two letter terms are?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Merging with others, what does it mean to you?

Commute road rage.

It's generally the Sx domain but how do non-Sx's have deep, emotive relationships where there is a tight, close bond with the other person?

There's just trust in the relationship, and common interests. But most importantly, he's free to be his own person, just as I'm free to be mine.

Do you even want that kind of connection?

The merging thing, as described by the Sx descriptions? No... that's too invasive. And unnecessary. It's much better to just be a team made of people who can stand on their own feet.

And how can you achieve that (without alcohol)?

xtc.

Does it take initiation/pushing from the other person? How do you react to that?

Assertive flirting's one thing...trying to force yourself IN me (psychologically/metaphysically) will get you a court summons.

Do you understand the metaphorical boundaries and stay the hell away or can you push them?

Boundaries are boundaries. People are born with a right to be in control of themselves without other homo sapiens breathing down on them.

Can you create a reciprocal relationship where you reveal as much as you give? If so, how?

Reveal as much as I give? Isn't that the same thing? But yes, reciprocity is important, IMO. It's just respect for each other's equal standing.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

Yes and no. I do long for close, intimate relationships but not at the expense of my own freedom and independence. I tend to value the latter over the former.

By finding someone who respects my need for independence and personal space and respecting their need for it too. I need to gradually establish an intimate relation. Don't go too fast too quickly with me.

Does it take initiation/pushing from the other person? How do you react to that?
    No, I react negatively from pressure and that will only push us further apart.

Do you understand the metaphorical boundaries and stay the hell away or can you push them?
    I am very sensitive to having my own boundaries violated so I'm careful not to violate someone else's. Yes, I well understand the metaphorical boundaries.

Can you create a reciprocal relationship where you reveal as much as you give? If so, how?
    Yes. I think if you find the right person, this naturally happens. And for me, that's someone who takes it slow at first, doesn't pressure me too much, respects my need for my own space and alone time.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

A person with a weak SX instinct can still desire to form those kinds of connections- it's just not one of his or her top priorities.
    That's at least how (I think) it is for me. (so/sp)
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Have you read anything from Carson McCullers (The Heart is a lonely hunter, The Ballad of the Sad Café, the Member of the Wedding)? I believe you will find the whole problematic of wanting meaningful connections without the Sx perspective there. And how misunderstood you will be. I suppose this author was Sp/So or something.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Mostly A big old "DO NAT WANT."

It's generally the Sx domain but how do non-Sx's have deep, emotive relationships where there is a tight, close bond with the other person?
    I don't like the idea of deep emotive relationships, esp. if this means deep emotive expressions on my part. IME tight bonds are best formed when there is no conscious effort on anybody's part to form them or talk about them ad nauseum.

Still working through this, esp. in platonic settings. It sometimes happens that I seem social and warm in a given setting (sp/so) and people take this to mean I want to form a friendship then initiate something that I'd rather not be a part of with that particular person.
    The curse of the charming The only reaction is being non-responsive to later contact.

I think I do, but the issue is navigating the line between being friendly and sparking unintentional invitations to further boundary pushing.
    Only if it's my idea. being pushed will cause a retreat.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I really do crave that kind of connection. A person has to gradually show me that I can trust them before I open up about more and more about me and do more physical things with them. If our relationship goes well, then it just takes time. Months and months and months of time.

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    It sometimes happens that I seem social and warm in a given setting (sp/so) and people take this to mean I want to form a friendship then initiate something that I'd rather not be a part of with that particular person.
    The curse of the charming The only reaction is being non-responsive to later contact.
    Same here. I have to learn I do have to have further contact with anyone I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    A person with a weak SX instinct can still desire to form those kinds of connections- it's just not one of his or her top priorities.
    That's at least how (I think) it is for me. (so/sp)
    But it is a priority to me. For me, being sp/so/sx just means it takes more time to form a sx-type bond.