User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 24

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    117

    Default

    soc/sx - theyre just kind of there. nothing special. they're comfortable. meh. its no challenge. they always like me. i feel like i can have them whenever i want.

    sp/sx - realistically, i think these would work out really well. and you dont have to deal with the dramatic BS you would get from a sx-firster. It's not as passionate, but thats also a good thing. It's more steady and not as hectic.

    sx/sp and sx/soc - i used to think these were the best. i used to crave these. after a few bad experiences, i dont think as highly of them as i used to. like i said, it doesnt matter though. You can say youll never date another sx type but you cant fight it. An sx type will have another sx type drooling lol. its a natural attraction that is FAR stronger than any other one. I get this feeling in my chest, a total merging experience, that I dont get with any other type. Even if sp/sx or soc/sx is a great person who i enjoy, i just dont get that feeling with them. Even if another type would realistically be a better match for me, it doesnt have that same attraction as another sx type. I feel like i have to hold back a bit with other types, but with sx-firsts they meet my energy completely.

  2. #12
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    sx/sp and sx/soc - i used to think these were the best. i used to crave these. after a few bad experiences, i dont think as highly of them as i used to. like i said, it doesnt matter though. You can say youll never date another sx type but you cant fight it. An sx type will have another sx type drooling lol. its a natural attraction that is FAR stronger than any other one. I get this feeling in my chest, a total merging experience, that I dont get with any other type. Even if sp/sx or soc/sx is a great person who i enjoy, i just dont get that feeling with them. Even if another type would realistically be a better match for me, it doesnt have that same attraction as another sx type. I feel like i have to hold back a bit with other types, but with sx-firsts they meet my energy completely.
    This is why I eventually listened to my sp and kicked w5 into the loop as a check stop before my nature is allowed to proceed.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    I generally have a different perspective than you do on this OP (I'm a 9w8 sx/sp).

    I generally am repelled by the social instinct in people. I don't feel like I can get as close to them because I generally don't feel safe for some reason. I feel like I can't be myself around them; with the exception of a few so/sx's I've met (and I'm not really attracted to them in a romantic way).

    I generally tend to be attracted to sx firsts romantically, specifically other sx/sps. I have generally good interactions with sx/sos, and I could see that working out well, but still if their social instinct is really strong I just don't like getting close.

    As for sx lasts, I tend to get along really well with sp/sos. My best friend is an sp/so. I have an interesting relationship with him, it seems like he's extremely uncomfortable with sx stuff and bonding with almost everyone he knows. His friendships are based around soc stuff, being connected with what's going on in his social sphere. But he is comfortable with sx stuff with me since I've know him for so long. But it took him a while to get to that stage. He's still a bit awkward with it, but it's there.

    As for other sp/sos, I find that I really enjoy them when we have shared interests. They provide me with an so perspective on it that seems detached, so it's not really threatening or annoying to me. So I'm not really overwhelmed by the soc thing. And it really expands how I look at it.

    As for so/sps, I have a difficult time breaking through to them or bonding. It's like we live in two totally different worlds. I have had meaningful work relationships with so/sps, but personal ones are always awkward and formal for some reason. Like we don't have anything to say to each other; since we don't really know what to say.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #14
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    sp/sx - realistically, i think these would work out really well. and you dont have to deal with the dramatic BS you would get from a sx-firster. It's not as passionate, but thats also a good thing. It's more steady and not as hectic.

    sx/sp and sx/soc - i used to think these were the best. i used to crave these. after a few bad experiences, i dont think as highly of them as i used to. like i said, it doesnt matter though. You can say youll never date another sx type but you cant fight it. An sx type will have another sx type drooling lol. its a natural attraction that is FAR stronger than any other one. I get this feeling in my chest, a total merging experience, that I dont get with any other type. Even if sp/sx or soc/sx is a great person who i enjoy, i just dont get that feeling with them. Even if another type would realistically be a better match for me, it doesnt have that same attraction as another sx type. I feel like i have to hold back a bit with other types, but with sx-firsts they meet my energy completely.
    Soooo trueeeee

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I generally have a different perspective than you do on this OP (I'm a 9w8 sx/sp).

    I generally am repelled by the social instinct in people. I don't feel like I can get as close to them because I generally don't feel safe for some reason. I feel like I can't be myself around them; with the exception of a few so/sx's I've met (and I'm not really attracted to them in a romantic way).

    I generally tend to be attracted to sx firsts romantically, specifically other sx/sps. I have generally good interactions with sx/sos, and I could see that working out well, but still if their social instinct is really strong I just don't like getting close.

    As for sx lasts, I tend to get along really well with sp/sos. My best friend is an sp/so. I have an interesting relationship with him, it seems like he's extremely uncomfortable with sx stuff and bonding with almost everyone he knows. His friendships are based around soc stuff, being connected with what's going on in his social sphere. But he is comfortable with sx stuff with me since I've know him for so long. But it took him a while to get to that stage. He's still a bit awkward with it, but it's there.

    As for other sp/sos, I find that I really enjoy them when we have shared interests. They provide me with an so perspective on it that seems detached, so it's not really threatening or annoying to me. So I'm not really overwhelmed by the soc thing. And it really expands how I look at it.

    As for so/sps, I have a difficult time breaking through to them or bonding. It's like we live in two totally different worlds. I have had meaningful work relationships with so/sps, but personal ones are always awkward and formal for some reason. Like we don't have anything to say to each other; since we don't really know what to say.
    My thoughts exactly.

    Social dominants just don't do it for me. I always feel like something's missing in our interactions together.

  5. #15
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I feel like i'm the only SP/SX/SO on this site, anyone else one?
    I am.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  6. #16
    wholly charmed Spartacuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    Ofcourse, as an INTP you are going to question that and never really come to a conclusion.
    Oh I came to a conclusion alright.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    My observations:


    soc/sp - most commonly date soc/sp, soc/sx, sp/soc. This type more than any other tends to date there own type.

    soc/sx - most commonly date soc/sx, sp/soc, sx/sp, soc/sp, sx/soc. This type more than any other tends to be the most versatile and dates any type

    sp/soc - most commonly date soc/sx, soc/sp, sp/sx

    sp/sx - most commonly date sx/sp, sp/soc

    sx/sp - most commonly date sx/soc, sx/sp, sp/sx, soc/sx

    sx/soc - most commonly date sx/sp, sx/soc, soc/sx


    (a phenomenon ive noticed first hand is every sx I've dated has had a sx ex-bf, then me who is also sx, and then somwhere down the road there next bf will also be sx)


    It's a very telling pattern that you will see over and over again. Some types are made for each other and always end up with that type, some can get along with anyone, and some will just never work out no matter how hard you try. I was with a soc/sp recently and we tried to make it work, but it never would, and i could never see it working out. Ever.
    I want more to choose from.


  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    I am.
    Cool I wonder if we are all a bunch of a bastards compared to everyone else.

  9. #19
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yeah, kinda. Sx doms are too intense for me most of the time, although it certainly depends on type. There are some types where being a sx/sp could work but generally not those with strong Fness. I like passion but when it's directed at me it can be very overwhelming if it doesn't come with uber space.

    My attitude is anything but serious though.
    Other than being "too intense", how would you describe your interactions with sx-doms? I'm curious how we come off to people who are not sx-doms themselves. Crazy wierdos who have the ability to peer into your soul?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  10. #20
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    sx/sp and sx/soc - i used to think these were the best. i used to crave these. after a few bad experiences, i dont think as highly of them as i used to. like i said, it doesnt matter though. You can say youll never date another sx type but you cant fight it. An sx type will have another sx type drooling lol. its a natural attraction that is FAR stronger than any other one. I get this feeling in my chest, a total merging experience, that I dont get with any other type. Even if sp/sx or soc/sx is a great person who i enjoy, i just dont get that feeling with them. Even if another type would realistically be a better match for me, it doesnt have that same attraction as another sx type. I feel like i have to hold back a bit with other types, but with sx-firsts they meet my energy completely.
    Just like neptune, I have to agree with this. sx to sx connections are phenomenal. I don't think even explaining it to non-sx-doms would do it any justice. You have to experience it to know what it's like. But, yeah, they sometimes still don't seem to work for LTR's. Too much intensity? Both partners have to learn to chill out a bit if it's going to work.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Similar Threads

  1. Let me appreciate you.
    By themightyfetus in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 02:13 AM
  2. Just try to type me! Let me see you take a shot at it!
    By Faketrollaccount in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 06:33 PM
  3. Do you do any of these in your spare time (for fun?)
    By ObeyBunny in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
  4. Do you strongly prefer some attributes in the Big Five system?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
  5. [MBTItm] NFs, do you get tired of giving people "the benefit of the doubt"?
    By chatoyer in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO