User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Interesting you say that. I'd like to hear more about that, Jock. Tesla said at first that she interpreted my interest in connecting with a lot of different people as some kind of insecurity rather than genuine feeling because if it were her (she's an sx) that would be what was fueling it. I'm curious if that's how most sx types would initially perceive so types or where the frustration comes in. I think I am fairly open, but I do not like it when people leap over social conventions to get to the good part. I want to know if plan to be around for a bit, or if they just want an intensive exchange and then disappear. I find sp types feel very aloof and detached and overly private to me. Therefore, given a choice I'd tend to interact more with sx types, but probably try to impose some of my own conventions on the exchange.
    I don't know if I'd recognize it as insecurity, or call it that. My initial perceptions of So doms were that they were more people collectors and they extracted energy from networking and stopped there. Now, I recognize that it seems as though you're content with a wide spectrum of "relationship qualities" that could range from the superficial to the extremely personal and you can find meaning in all of those, whereas with Sxs it tends to be all or nothing, on or off, hot or cold. In this I think Sos are actually more adaptable. Sxs will have a "minimum requirement" aspect to their interactions and don't have a spectrum as much as they have a niche and stick to it.

The above might not make sense, having trouble spitting my thoughts out on this one. If I have to clarify or expand let me know.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think your assessment is very accurate Jock, at least for me. I always am on the lookout for the type of interactions that sx types go after, but am more likely to only choose certain individuals to do that with. There is an element of curiosity, but it also requires finding the qualities that I think are needed to create the kind of intimacy I want.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Can I just call myself a SO-SX tie? x2
    No. You can call yourself "Sox". And why would you pay $$ for that test when there's a million free ones? lol
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Hmm. As an So/Sp, I see myself as "partof THE group" - I like to have a sort of "community", a la the Cockburn Mafia. To me, there's power in numbers, and when working on projects with others, it's great when we can work in synergy. And yes, I DO get overly worked up about my "image", but at the same time, I don't want to lose myself in "a crowd" either. The whole "angry mob" mentality freaks me out. Ever watch Spongebob? You know all the mass crowds of fish that look nearly identical and seem to act the same way? I don't wish to be a fish. So I do my own thing. Being so-dom doesn't mean being "so dumb".

But I've got sx in me, too. It's so much fun to meet new people, get drunk and philosophize with them until the wee hours...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

ThatGirl

I think I made a mistake....unless SO=SP?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    No. You can call yourself "Sox".

And why would you pay $$ for that test when there's a million free ones? lol

Go back to your own thread, closet SP!!! :steam:

You know I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I think strong SX people feel like old smoke or perfume lingering in the air. Some people enjoy that; it sets all types of pinball machine-like reactions in them that they like to luxuriate in. To me it feels stale and stagnant, like there's no cleansing breeze or open vistas to flush the residue away. I don't like to feel heavy on people, I don't want to cling to people like old smells in curtains. I guess to others, the breaziness of SOs seems may feel resistant to intimacy, but that isn't the case.
    Oooh, old smoke, that sounds sexy. A la Cary Grant and glamorous Hollywood from the 40s and 50s. But the way you make it sound, it's more like Cary Grant if he were alive now. I.E. Old man cigar smell. Not sexy.

I remember you described Fi on a bad day as a miasma or a lingering bad smell (:gross: thanks) I get that analogy but for SX...I never thought of SX as 'heavy' per sae. I thought of it more as intense and penetrating. I think SX can seem clingy, but only if the person hasn't learned the fine art of understanding social convention and body language.

Otherwise...I guess this is where my strong SX comes out, because when I am easy and breezy it is a conscious thing and more specifically, a conscious counter to the intensity and unwanted gaze of SX. I am very aware, and have also learned with the bumps and lumps that come with life to be even more aware, that not everyone is comfortable with that intense desire to know. It can make people downright uncomfortable and that in turn makes me feel beyond rejected, it makes me feel almost ashamed, like I violated them or tried to violate them. It's like a child who has discovered they've done something "bah".

I mask and diffuse a lot of my SX desires/needs and through the years I have been blessed with enough opportunities (I guess?) for intimacy that I've learned to "hold the line".

I'm a bit confused because I thought it was human nature to be aware of boundaries and pay them mind. It seems from reading these concurrent So/Sx/Sp threads that SX doms are *not* aware of boundaries? Or like to disregard them or liquify them so they become amorphous? Whereas So's pay them homage by respecting them and SPs defend them and double-pane them to make them extra strong?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think your assessment is very accurate Jock, at least for me. I always am on the lookout for the type of interactions that sx types go after, but am more likely to only choose certain individuals to do that with. There is an element of curiosity, but it also requires finding the qualities that I think are needed to create the kind of intimacy I want.
    Interesting...I always thought this was universal? The idea of wanting that kind of intimacy with everyone seems exhausting? Partially because with that kind of intimacy there is more responsibility (at least, this is how I have always understood it) and it seems like that is a lot of resources to have to spread out like that and amounts to a large *burden*. For me intimacy is very much a 2 way exchange and interplay, and it's active vs passive. Even when two people seem like they are sitting in silence, engaged in different activities, there can be intimacy building between them

I guess that's what I have been trying to verbalize between So and Sx, or maybe it's not related to either. To me trust is a burden, it's a task to earn and a burden to keep, but it's a burden you gladly take because of all the good stuff that comes with it. But, that's also partially why I don't want that kind of intimacy with just anyone.

I almost feel like when I was younger I was more 'Sx' or rather I had this keening need inside me for deep intimacy, to know and be known, to love and be loved, platonic or not. As I've gotten older I realize more and more how 'So' I am. Of course, typology is full of abstractions and when I say 'Sx' or 'So' I might just be referring to the general effect of "aging" which is to mellow out and get more balanced and be more actively invested in your place in the community and the world.

There is a negative extreme generalization of "So" which would be that So's are snobs? And always have the pecking order and social standing in mind when making personal decisions...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ as for the free tests, it is true often-enough that you get what you pay for.

---

Of course, typology is full of abstractions and when I say 'Sx' or 'So' I might just be referring to the general effect of "aging" which is to mellow out and get more balanced and be more actively invested in your place in the community and the world.
    A great quote CzeCze ... have reflected on that somewhat as well. Although I used to be far more active in groups than I am now ... I learned that it's more about me learning to protect my boundaries than for anyone to either care about them or even notice them.

Still pondering the implications of this particular aspect of personality theory.

---

QUESTION: Does anyone know (or know of any studies that illustrate) what the percentages of each variant are in the general population? It seems that here on TypoC there are more sx's than the other two. I would venture the order here is sx - sp - so.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    QUESTION: Does anyone know (or know of any studies that illustrate) what the percentages of each variant are in the general population? It seems that here of TypoC there are more sx's than the other two. I would venture the order here is sx - sp - so.
    You want to bare in mind that the membership of this board is a skewed representation of the general population...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ of couse, that's why I am wondering if there are any studies ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

So/sx

You may now start the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.