• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] Sp doms COME HERE!

Your enneagram instinctual stacking:

• Total voters

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sx doms go there, Sp doms, come here!

Found it interesting seeing people's instincts in Satine's thread so wanna know who the forum Sp's are, what your enneagram is and how you think it impacts on your type.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello!!! Sp dom here, pleased to meet you. ;) :hi:

5w4 sp/so. I find it makes me a rather un-F-ish INFJ in comparison to a few of the INFJ's I know irl. I also think the enneagram in conjunction with instinctual stackings is why I tend to always test out as INTJ and relate to INT's in several ways as much as INFJ's, especially regarding relationship dynamics/issues/struggles. I could go into more detail, but I've done that in other places on here! (check out the e5 relationship thread the_state created).

P

Phantonym

4w5 sp/so. Dominant sp makes me very down to earth, driven towards efficiency with everything, I think, and I consider it as something positive. However, it also provides an edge to my personality, one that might not be that "nice", especially when I'm leaning towards the unhealthy spectrum at that moment. Personally, the dominant sp makes me very self-absorbed, egotistical, maybe even rigid. It gives me the drive to only take care of things on my own and refuse any help and it's possible that I might butting into the lives of people close to me as well. Because, well, I do know best. :laugh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oooooh, more Sp/So's :yay:

Do you find close relationships difficult?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
5w4 sp/so. I find it makes me a rather un-F-ish INFJ in comparison to a few of the INFJ's I know irl. I also think the enneagram in conjunction with instinctual stackings is why I tend to always test out as INTJ and relate to INT's in several ways as much as INFJ's, especially regarding relationship dynamics/issues/struggles. I could go into more detail, but I've done that in other places on here! (check out the e5 relationship thread the_state created).

Will check out, thanx.

I wonder how that plays in other's eyes though, because of the So part, esp when mixed with being a Fe user, I expect you'd come across as quite a team player even if people are kept at arms length to a degree or are read as a bit unreachable.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Short answer... Yes?? lol.

Trinity said:
Will check out, thanx.

I wonder how that plays in other's eyes though, because of the So part, esp when mixed with being a Fe user, I expect you'd come across as quite a team player even if people are kept at arms length to a degree or are read as a bit unreachable.

Yes, I do come across as quite a team player. In a work/office setting, I'm like a dream employee. (I don't mean to brag, but supervisors love me and put me in positions of leadership even if I don't quite like/want them.) And, I can at least superficially get along with pretty much anyone, so in a work/team setting that is also extremely beneficial. Diplomacy, adjusting communication styles, etc. But not oozing with emotion or intensity. More businesslike/disciplined, I suppose. Many people have commented on my 'calm' demeanor, in various settings.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sp. divided on what comes next though.

Have you looked into the stackings much? Do you relate to either of these v

Self-pres/Social

This subtype is the least volatile and fiery of the type Four stackings. They can resemble type One in terms of their efficiency and practicality. Although their focus will be more on the emotional aesthetic, these Fours do have a considerable practical side. Less flashy than some of the subtypes of Four, they nevertheless have a quiet charm and developed sense of style. They are likely to value their possessions, to perhaps collect items of personal emotional significance. They may, for instance, have shelves and shelves of books and have a place for each book. This subtype can also resemble type Six in terms of having a great deal of anxiety. This anxiety often revolves around self-pres concerns such as those surrounding health issues and mortality. Their strong self-pres instinct also lends a degree of independence to this subtype. As the sexual instinct is least pronounced, this subtype of Four is prone to romanticize intimacy without actually pursuing real relationships. When healthy, these Fours can be very productive; when less healthy they might suffer from boughts of melancholy or self pity. The strong self-pres instinct however often helps these individuals to recognize how their state of mind is impacting their health and well being. This enables them to become action oriented.

Self/Sexual

This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as "different from others," as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium. 

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w5 sp/so. Dominant sp makes me very down to earth, driven towards efficiency with everything, I think, and I consider it as something positive. However, it also provides an edge to my personality, one that might not be that "nice", especially when I'm leaning towards the unhealthy spectrum at that moment. Personally, the dominant sp makes me very self-absorbed, egotistical, maybe even rigid. It gives me the drive to only take care of things on my own and refuse any help and it's possible that I might butting into the lives of people close to me as well. Because, well, I do know best. :laugh:
As I mentioned on the SX thread, I have long assumed I was SP/SX, but have also been considering SX/SP as a possibility based upon more recent reading. SO isn't even close. The part highlighted above, however, does sound alot like me, especially when not at my best.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w4 sp. Though I’m somewhat torn between /so and /sx, I lean towards thinking I’m sp/so.

Along the lines of what cascadeo wrote, I kind of feel like a fringe INFJ. I don’t feel quite as people-centered as most of them seem to be. I can play the role well enough while I’m around others, but it really seems to me like I need far more time alone than any other of the INFJs I know (irl, anyway). I have a hard time focusing on what’s in front of me when the invisible barrier between myself and others starts wearing thin (from interacting with them too much).

Very. It’s a constant push/pull. It seems like people consistently need more attention from me than I have to give.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
5w4 and 4w5 seem to have impressive representation here, do ya'll think Sp links well to your enneagram?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SP/??

Forum behaviour put aside, I'd say I'm SP only.

On the forum I'm probably SX with a tiny bit of SO. :p

wolfy

awsm
Sp/Sx 9w8. How it affects my type? I'll have to think about it. Apparently Obelix is isfp sp/sx 9w8 so go figure. So maybe it is simplemindedness, a love and care for my dog Dogmatix, my anger when someone refers to me as being "fat", and my enthusiasm for hunting and eating wild boars and beating up Romans.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Sp/so here. I can relate to cascade's and Z Buck's comments. I often feel like people want more from me than I can give. I tire easily, especially when I feel like people are trying to pry information out of me or forcing the "getting to know you" process.

On the other hand, I've been frustrated sometimes trying to date fellow NTs because I want to know more about them as people and I need them to let down their guards so we can connect. I can discuss ideas and abstract concepts with you all day long, but we're not getting anywhere, relationship-wise, unless I feel like I can be completely open with you, and you with me. I fight that sp thing in a relationship. I want the openness, and I'm also kind of terrified of it.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sp/Sx Type 1w9 here.

It affects my type since I focus my perfectionism on my loved ones. "I criticize you, I love you." But it is constructive criticism.

If there are any other ways, I´ll post when I can find a reasonable explanation to them.

Hang-ups?

What I said above, the hardest part of close relationships is making the other part accept my criticism. Another thing, is when my Sx takes over and releases all my repressed anger, I can be harsh on my loved ones, unintentionally. Because I´m awful at taking into account other people´s feelings, I have no idea of the impact that my intensity can have on them. Still, people who knows me well enough can understand and accept this.