• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] Sp doms COME HERE!

Your enneagram instinctual stacking:

• Total voters

KDude

I'm probably sp/sx. Sounds right.

I don't know my EType though :laugh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm probably sp/sx. Sounds right.

I don't know my EType though :laugh:

Wolfy's keen to meet another ISFP 9w8 sp/sx so it'd be nice if you chose that one :)

KDude

On a good day I'm like a 9. In a stuffy work environment, I'm 6. :) Normally, I'm a 4, and have felt like that since I was a little kid. I kind of hate the type so much that I don't want to commit to it though....eh, but here I am :cool:

wolfy

awsm
All over the map is a nine thing. As much as I hate to say it you could be 4, that fits.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup, in true ENTP style I can be quite invasive when pushing others into revealing things, and I can be quite open myself if I want to be, it's my investment in what I'm telling them that isn't on the same level, it rarely makes me feel "closer" to them and it's rarely anything that I'm not comfortable telling any old stranger.

I'll appear to be open to others, but I'm not... I'll admit to some of the most horrible things because they're really not that big of a deal to me, but anything that I feel is important is usually well hidden :blush:

Goes for me as well. I really don't share information that I'm not comfortable with just about anybody knowing, though the kind of information I consider too private is often peculiar (i.e. I'll discuss fetishes, but I don't like talking about my favorite musicians).

I like "Sp-Bring a Plate"

?

Wolfy's a really funny guy. So I trust there's something funny about this I'm not getting.

wolfy

awsm
?
Wolfy's a really funny guy. So I trust there's something funny about this I'm not getting.

NZ slang. Bring a plate - means bring a dish of food to share. Here is a thread of a few ladies talking about what kind of plate to bring. How about taking sausage rolls to Mah Jong on Sunday, Joan?

KDude

i read a description of the 9 sp/sx and i can see plenty of instances where it'd line up..

i have 4 issues though.. and as much i bullshit around here, i dont know how to talk about them.

wolfy

awsm
i read a description of the 9 sp/sx and i can see plenty of instances where it'd line up..

i have 4 issues though.. and as much i bullshit around here, i dont know how to talk about them.

At the end of the day it is a best fit thing. Why don't you just choose 9w8 sp/sx and have it off your mind?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NZ slang. Bring a plate - means bring a dish of food to share. Here is a thread of a few ladies talking about what kind of plate to bring. How about taking sausage rolls to Mah Jong on Sunday, Joan?

Ah. Thanks. I'm still not seeing it, but I can be really dense. Or maybe it's an /sx thing. You know, like eating boars or hunting and beating up wild Romans (which you mentioned earlier in the thread, I assumed that came down to the /sx distinction too).

KDude

At the end of the day it is a best fit thing. Why don't you just choose 9w8 sp/sx and have it off your mind?

i can't choose that really..

i could explain it, but the fact that i won't explain or agree says enough :D

wolfy

awsm
Ah. Thanks. I'm still not seeing it, but I can be really dense. Or maybe it's an /sx thing. You know, like eating boars or hunting and beating up wild Romans (which you mentioned earlier in the thread, I assumed that came down to the /sx distinction too).

Could be, that was a play on Obelix. I don't have a lot of logic behind the bring a plate beyond sp, likes stuff that makes them comfortable. I could make something up that sounds plausible I bet. In fact I might do that while lunch digests, then I am off to the gym.

My additions in bold.

Self-Preserving Ennegram Instinctual Subtype

The "self-preserving" Instinctual Subtypes are driven by the ongoing search for survival and well being. (food) Anything that could possibly damage, endanger, or exploit the self is of concern. (lack of said food) The focus of attention is subtly on "the self" and "my world." (bring a plate to my house) The primary desire is for security, which is manifested by a continual perceived quest for well-being and for the "essential" needs of life, such as food, comfort, safety, protection, and resources. (food, glorious food)

The concerns of the self-preserving Instinctual Subtypes involve issues of living and compromise - for example, "to be or not to be" or "how to be." (share food) The survival strategy places an intense emphasis on either caution or self-destruction. The focus is to aggressively go after what one needs and/or to defensively hold onto what one has. (you bring a plate, I'll bring a plate) The common theme statements reflect the attention to "self," such as "how am I?", with this type often defining itself by "how comfortably and successfully I experience my body" - i.e., issues dealing with "what are my physical needs and desires?" (food is my desire)

The energy projected is described as "conserved energy" and is often experienced as "grounded," as if it were tightly contained around the body like a spiral coil. (like a full stomach) The energy is usually somber, heavy, and serious in nature, as if the person is attempting to function while carrying some great weight on his or her shoulders, and is thus conserving energy for later personal use. (refers to biological digestion of sustenance)The self-preserving Instinctual Subtypes will "sacrifice for self" to insure survival. Rather than looking to the group or a mate to "solve problems," these types tend to "look inward" based upon an inherent recognition that "I'm on my own" and "I have to take care of myself." (You can use my house, just don't forget food)

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oooooh. Okay, makes total sense. Thanks for spelling it out. :)

wolfy

awsm
Thanks for asking. I was just looking at quotes, here is a cool one...

You look at where you're going and where you are and it never makes sense, but then you look back at where you've been and a pattern seems to emerge. And if you project forward from that pattern, then sometimes you can come up with something.

Robert M. Pirsig

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I have rectified this dilemma.

:cheese:
Aren't you a peach. Thank ye. I was mostly kidding. I've no clue; for all I know it is an SP/SO stacking.

This SP/SO description fits better than the other ones I've seen around, esp. the second half, probably cause it's specific to E5 SP/SOs:

Self-pres/Social

In the average health range, this instinctual stacking is warm, friendly, and loyal. They need their down time and have no problem spending time alone. They actually value it very much. They feel an energy drain from people’s demands on them. This instinctual stacking is what is described in most Enneagram books. The most notable and potentially frustrating thing about people of this type is the difficulty involved in getting really close to them. While they can usually handle themselves socially, they always hold back when it comes to intensity or intimacy in a relationship which can frustrate a sexual variant type. Others are aware that there is more going on beneath the surface, but it can’t really be accessed. These Fives are masters at minimizing their needs. Even though they shy away from intense personal relationships they often have a lot of intuition about others. Their detached level of personal involvement somehow brings objectivity to their insights. They can be the most practical of the instinctual stackings.

Their issues usually revolve around demands made on their time. This can become problematic in personal relationships. This subtype has an ideal vision of what a close or romantic relationship should be, but given their concerns for protecting their space and time and lacking the instinctual drive of a strong sexual instinct, energy just doesn’t flow in that direction. Because this subtype is good at minimizing their needs they can get along fine with few relationships or without a romantic partner. With the social instinct second in the stacking, they generally do find friends or colleagues and they may even be married, but the need to maintain their own time to pursue their interests is always a point of contention.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
That one sounds exactly like me, INA. I do think as I get older, I am starting to want to get to know (select friends) more deeply. Before, I didn't need to, though.

The guy I'm seeing is also INTP and might be sp/so/sx, too. It works, though, because it allows us the time and space to get to know and trust each other, and to remember that nobody's forcing any level of emotional intimacy before it's time.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
That one sounds exactly like me, INA. I do think as I get older, I am starting to want to get to know (select friends) more deeply. Before, I didn't need to, though.
:/
whilst I'm regressing.
The guy I'm seeing is also INTP and might be sp/so/sx, too. It works, though, because it allows us the time and space to get to know and trust each other, and to remember that nobody's forcing any level of emotional intimacy before it's time.
;) Guy is iNtJ, possibly iNfJ, with similar variants and I'm reminded of a humorous description of how INTP-INTJ relationships are perfect because neither of them realizes they're in a relationship.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The description INA quoted above is the exact one that led me to believe I'm /so. I don't relate a whole lot to the generic sp/so variant descriptions, but the few I've seen exclusively for e5s are spot-on.

:/
whilst I'm regressing.

My need for time alone actually seems to be slowly getting stronger as I get older. But then, I've just spent many years in a relationship with an sx/sp extravert, and that might be why.

edit: I've been out of the relationship for a couple of years now, but it lasted close to ten years so I guess it's possible I'm still just recharging and might eventually reverse into the opposite direction again.