• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx-doms...come to me ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So Freya, when is he orgy starting? LOL :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting...can you speak more to that?

I can. It means you want attention and intimacy, connections with people, you need it from the core of your being...but then you bite if people get too close too fast, or show the slightest indication of being dangerous.

For me it makes sense being a 4w3...the w3 seems more compatible with sx and the 4 seems more sp.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are a lot more sx/sp variants here than I thought. I always thought 'so' was the "natural pairing" with 'sx'.

So you're saying SO has more in common with SX than with SP? Theoretically, in a three-group system, they should all be equally distinct rather than two of them being more similar.

Just read this on the Ennegram Institute forum yesterday:

Also, a note on the instincts as I see them for Type Five (and maybe other types too, although I don't want to talk about that here) is a "temperature" metaphor, where SX = hot, SOC = warm, and SP = cold. Sx connects the most intensely, soc more evenly, and sp the most insularly...sx merges, soc assimilates, sp individuates. [We] also once talked about the energies; sp as grounded, soc as diffused, sx as focused, or something along those lines. There are a lot of ways to look at the instincts -- considering the strengths of each, and so on.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can. It means you want attention and intimacy, connections with people, you need it from the core of your being...but then you bite if people get too close too fast, or show the slightest indication of being dangerous.

The reactions you describe must depend more on Type then. For a Five, it's less about biting and more about fading away / blocking people out, we're not an aggressive Enneagram type. I do agree with the first part, although intimacy for me means "knowing" -- I know everything about someone and they have told me willingly, that full knowledge to me is intimacy. (I imagine for a Two, for example, intimacy would be something different.)

For me it makes sense being a 4w3...the w3 seems more compatible with sx and the 4 seems more sp.

Which is funny to me, because my experience is that my 5 type is far more SP and my 4 type is far more SX. Why do you view 3 as a sexual type, since it's usually the Ambiguous type that tries to succeed and project itself into whatever persona is currently needed to create a viable social identity?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In short: the less sx you have the more firm with people you will be. Maybe if you have a very well developed SO there is a chane that you can cover up that a little bit.

At leaast this is what I think.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
So you're saying SO has more in common with SX than with SP? Theoretically, in a three-group system, they should all be equally distinct rather than two of them being more similar.

Just read this on the Ennegram Institute forum yesterday:

Thanks for the repost. I just meant that there seems to be the [most] tension between those two - sexual vs self-preservational. Somewhat like how being 7 enthusiast/6 loyalist creates tension. I'm a 7w6 and on paper it doesn't make too much sense but it does explain tendencies in myself that frustrate me. One of the effects of the 6 wing is like it's a dampener on all excessive fun and excitement that I could be having. :alttongue:

Similar to what Marm.Sunrise spoke of, it seems like SP would frustrate the desires caused by being SX. If that makes sense.

Personally, the whole "I want to be close to you but don't get too close because I'll flip" -- that would frustrate me and no doubt other people around me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Similar to what Marm.Sunrise spoke of, it seems like SP would frustrate the desires caused by being SX. If that makes sense.

Personally, the whole "I want to be close to you but don't get too close because I'll flip" -- that would frustrate me and no doubt other people around me.
Yes, and SX betrays the desires of SP, finding ways through the most carefully laid defenses. It is very conflicted, and hard to find balance.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'd like a head-count of sx-doms :)

Feel free to give me your full enneagram type, extra info is always interesting.

If you're a sx-secundary, feel free to mention so as well.

SP/SO/SX maybe you can help me work on it. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the repost. I just meant that there seems to be the [most] tension between those two - sexual vs self-preservational. Somewhat like how being 7 enthusiast/6 loyalist creates tension. I'm a 7w6 and on paper it doesn't make too much sense but it does explain tendencies in myself that frustrate me. One of the effects of the 6 wing is like it's a dampener on all excessive fun and excitement that I could be having. :alttongue:

umm...i think i know what that feels like. :/

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There seem to be a lot of those here...

Gamine

in-game