MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thank goodness!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Thank goodness!
    Indeed. The world wouldn't be safe had I been SX.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

4w5 sp/sx
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I haven't read through this whole thread so not sure if this was already commented on, but it seems like 90% of the Type-C members who are interested in the enneagram consider themselves to be sx-dom. I do find this slightly suspicious. It's like "yes, I'm just so intense and passionate, I have to be sx-dom!" Hmmm.

Not sure what I am, by the way, but almost certainly not sx-dom. It might be my secondary.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I haven't read through this whole thread so not sure if this was already commented on, but it seems like 90% of the Type-C members who are interested in the enneagram consider themselves to be sx-dom. I do find this slightly suspicious. It's like "yes, I'm just so intense and passionate, I have to be sx-dom!" Hmmm.

Not sure what I am, by the way, but almost certainly not sx-dom. It might be my secondary.
    Just FWIW, I think most of us typology freaks stumble on enneagram at some point--how could we not? It's pretty prevalent.

I never really liked the 9 types of enneagram myself, finding it to feel sort of like astrology, and working by the forer effect. However, as Cascadedo pointed out, the stacking seems to really contribute something important and insightful into personality theory. Learning that I am SX/SO has been really helpful in explaining my consistent lifelong frustration with being driven to connect and interact deeply with others. SP, and I assume SO, doms aren't driven to such an extent, so when I look around at people close to me and see SP or SO doms, I can wonder why I'm so different, and be very frustrated in that. To know I just AM different, and be able to label that, helps me to figure out how to go about fixing it. And helps my mate understand me better as well, and vice versa.

Edit: And, Oh! Don't hate me coz I'm sexy.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Edit: And, Oh! Don't hate me coz I'm sexy.
    haha I just thought I'd throw that out there. It was based more on some other observations that I've made, rather than on this thread specifically.

I've also noticed that very few people seem to classify themselves as 6 - although apparently this is a very common e-type - and there seem to be tons of 4s and 5s - this also makes me suspicious but it's true that certain types are more drawn to these kinds of forums than others...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm an sx, but I'm hardly intense and passionate in the sense you're thinking. TBH I think my intensity and "sx-ness" is detrimental to actual relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm an sx, but I'm hardly intense and passionate in the sense you're thinking. TBH I think my intensity and "sx-ness" is detrimental to actual relationships.
    Yeah. My understanding is that the second one is balanced. The first is so strong it often causes trouble.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    It does seem that way, and enneagram literature itself comments on the phenomenon; it seems "sexier" to be an sx dom, as opposed to the other two. So perhaps some of that effect is in place here, or perhaps the forum simply attracts more sx dom people.

It is a fascinating ponderation ... the most interesting thing here to me in weeks!

Plus, I'm curious how many people took the test vs self-identify etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Just FWIW, I think most of us typology freaks stumble on enneagram at some point--how could we not? It's pretty prevalent.

I never really liked the 9 types of enneagram myself, finding it to feel sort of like astrology, and working by the forer effect. However, as Cascadedo pointed out, the stacking seems to really contribute something important and insightful into personality theory. Learning that I am SX/SO has been really helpful in explaining my consistent lifelong frustration with being driven to connect and interact deeply with others.
    @bold: how can you find enneagram to be "sort of like astrology" but not MBTI?

The enneagram focusses on something more tangible to me - emotional coping strategies and the kinds of experiences and upbringing that contribute to them as opposed to a theoretical model that has yet to be "proven". Not that enneagram is "proven" either I don't think, but it resonates more to the kinds of behaviours I see in the world.

But really, I like them both together - it's like nature + nurture, typology being nature, how we are born, and enneagram nurture - how our emotional experiences in childhood shape the expression of that.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching