User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh..I just mean the reasons you'd be interested in talking with someone aren't shallow..your intentions would be that it would lead to something meaningful..so..why is it a problem or why would it be ugly or distasteful to you?
    Because no one chases a pretty face across the room because they want to marry her some day.

Also, if I still don't know this person I'm choosing based on "not so holy" criteria like attractiveness level. That doesn't really jive with me. There is some not-so-attractive woman on that room that could be much more right for me.

Besides I think it's rude for people approach other people in order to date each other. It's like...the nerve on a person to assume the other person even wants to talk to him/her. I'd also not like to be approached myself by people so I don't wish that upon others either, so I don't do it.

If a fat ugly person approached me I say no, but if it was some hot chick I could be "open to it"? So arbitrary and unfair it makes me sick. It seems so contrived and unbeautiful.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    If a fat ugly person approached me I say no, but if it was some hot chick I could be "open to it"? So arbitrary and unfair it makes me sick. It seems so contrived and unbeautiful.
    So do you ever date fat ugly people whose personality you like, after you get to know them?

Looks are looks to me.
    Just like money is money.
    I'm not going to be prejudiced against beautiful people just as I shouldn't be prejudiced against rich people; it's no different than being prejudiced just because someone might seem ugly or poor.

The bottom line is that in the end, looks can't carry a relationship. Money can't either. And sometimes you can enjoy someone's personality but things won't 'click' for you based on the total package. I think we have to take people as a whole. If you want an LTR, you have to be attracted to them on some level.

So.....are you attracted to them or not, and is the attraction superficial or more meaningful? Is it something that will endure? Can it balance out other factors? People are notoriously bad at making themselves be attracted to someone they are not ultimately attracted to.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Because no one chases a pretty face across the room because they want to marry her some day.

Also, if I still don't know this person I'm choosing based on "not so holy" criteria like attractiveness level. That doesn't really jive with me. There is some not-so-attractive woman on that room that could be much more right for me.

Besides I think it's rude for people approach other people in order to date each other. It's like...the nerve on a person to assume the other person even wants to talk to him/her. I'd also not like to be approached myself by people so I don't wish that upon others either, so I don't do it.

to the bolded...wth? why not? sure they do...i mean...not oh look at her i want to marry her but the general idea is that the possibility is there...these sorts of things need to follow a natural progression that start with attraction...attraction isn't solely superficial...it can be about observing someone with others...thinking she's sweet...has a warm smile...or you like her no bs personality...or the way she carries herself...whatever...you like something and you talk...it's not ugly...it's how you meet people...even the people that want long meaningful relationships based on compatibility and character.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I try to avoid the pretty face unless she says something at least half intelligent, then I give chase.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    to the bolded...wth? why not? sure they do...i mean...not oh look at her i want to marry her but the general idea is that the possibility is there...these sorts of things need to follow a natural progression that start with attraction...attraction isn't solely superficial...it can be about observing someone with others...thinking she's sweet...has a warm smile...or you like her no bs personality...or the way she carries herself...whatever...you like something and you talk...it's not ugly...it's how you meet people...even the people that want long meaningful relationships based on compatibility and character.
    Thanks for ignoring all the rest I wrote :P

And to the bolded, it's not the main goal of people no. By that token with everyone of the opposite sex one ever talks there's the possibility it might lead to a serious relationship you never know. Someone you might start by only considering friends might end up your wife. But that's the goal of why you approach someone.

brainheart

On the test I had a perfect tie between sexual and social. So I guess I'm sexcial. Or socxual.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm a sx/sp.

6w7.

It has made problems.!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

wow, this thread Sx!

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

8w7 sx dom, sx/sp/so. No surprise!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I think I'm an Sx dom- Not really sure what that means for me though.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.