User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    sp/sx 9w8
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean View Post
    Sx all the way.
    Cool! That is the first time someone called me out over my type. Thinking...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    it seems to me like merging with people is a big SX thing.
    for me being SX is all about being synchronized with somebody. it is not knowing them from their details and their history and what they say, but feeling the power of a person. getting in touch with the force of a person and getting swept up in it.
    I dunno. There's definitely energy involved, but I don't know if I would state it the way you did here; for me, it's more about diving deep into someone and forging some sort of mystical connection, and I guess maybe it is a desire to "merge" (and I know that intimate sex to me is the feeling of slipping into someone else's skin and having them slip into mine, simultaneously, so to speak)... but an intrisic part of me is the ethic of not possessing another human being, and merging comes dangerously close to that. I don't want to wipe out another identity, I can't allow that; I want to immerse myself in them and totally 'get them' but without overwriting them in any way. They have to remain distinct and other, unique, even if we become close enough "merge" in some way.

But maybe this is a distinction between an SX vs an SX/SP, or perhaps an e5 SX vs other enneagram SX types?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Plus, I'm curious how many people took the test vs self-identify etc.
    I've token the test with the variant, it flat out told me that I was a 9w1 sx dominant. It wasn't until later I took another test strictly about the variants that it showed I was sx/so/sp.

I read the general information about how an sx/so interacts coupled with how a 9w1 sx/so reacts. It does sound kind of like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But maybe this is a distinction between an SX vs an SX/SP, or perhaps an e5 SX vs other enneagram SX types?
    Considering how the enneagram types already act differently enough from each other, I wouldn't be surprised if a 5w4 sx/so (tends to act more so like 4s than their 5 counter parts) acted differently than a 9w1 sx/so (tends to act more like 1's than their 9 counterparts.)

Also, I understand the concept of merging. The way I see it is that I want a deeper understanding of the other person as opposed to simplicity. The difference between an acquaintance, a friend, and family member would be examples of what I mean. There is a different level of knowing the person from family, to friends, and to acquaintances.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Sorry for the stupid question but maybe someone can tell me what any of this means:

You are most likely a type 8 (the Challenger) with 7 wing

Sexual variant

These are what I'm most to least likely to be.

Type 8 SX
    Type 3 SX
    Type 1 SO
    Type 4 SX
    Type 5 SX
    Type 7 SO
    Type 6 SX
    Type 2 SP
    Type 9 SP

Last time I took one of these tests, it said I was an 8 OMNI. Second highest scores were on 3 and 6.

EDIT: I am clueless on this Enneagram stuff. It's easy to understand the main type, but this wing stuff and combination of SX/SO/SP is a bit confusing. Is there something that combines them or do you need to look at these factors separately. How are people knowing they are really an SO/SX, wing 4 etc.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Perhaps. I do understand the merging thing though to the extent that I have a desire to actually "become" the other person. That is, I want to know how they experience the world from the inside. It compliments the E5 curiosity/thirst for knowledge, but it's an experiential thirst. That desire for detachment is abandoned, for once, or rather, there is a desire to detach from the self in the process of becoming the other. I don't however, often have a corresponding desire to be known, which can be a problem for me. Probably because I anticipate rejection. And I have no desire to be "joined at the hip" with anyone. I still need lots of space. The E5 fear of being overwhelmed by the needs of others is always in play.

This enneagram business is prolly all bullshit anyway.
    whoa...that's all so very interesting. what a different perspective than my type 7 sx'ness
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Perhaps. I do understand the merging thing though to the extent that I have a desire to actually "become" the other person. That is, I want to know how they experience the world from the inside. It compliments the E5 curiosity/thirst for knowledge, but it's an experiential thirst. That desire for detachment is abandoned, for once, or rather, there is a desire to detach from the self in the process of becoming the other. I don't however, often have a corresponding desire to be known, which can be a problem for me. Probably because I anticipate rejection. And I have no desire to be "joined at the hip" with anyone. I still need lots of space. The E5 fear of being overwhelmed by the needs of others is always in play.

Hot.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOAyzfP5bOY"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Perhaps. I do understand the merging thing though to the extent that I have a desire to actually "become" the other person. That is, I want to know how they experience the world from the inside. It compliments the E5 curiosity/thirst for knowledge, but it's an experiential thirst. That desire for detachment is abandoned, for once, or rather, there is a desire to detach from the self in the process of becoming the other.
    While I resonate with all of it, that last bit caught my eye.

I find I can't let go completely. It all seems to be a business of how much I can actually let go (in order to more fully grasp the other person) without actually losing myself completely... like clinging to a rock ledge with the least amount of grip possible without falling off. I'm terrified I think of losing myself completely, yet have to always go in deeper and deeper, to the very precipice of self-abandoment, in order to understand about the Other as much as possible. I want to "be them" as much as perfectly possible, without actually invading them or losing myself, in order to grasp them.

I always thought I would make a terrible hypnosis subject because of this. I can't quite consciously let go of my sense of inner awareness/self.

Just like a Libra on the cusp would say, ha!
    (actually I have no clue what you are. You just said "bullshit" and astrology came to mind...)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

While I resonate with all of it, that last bit caught my eye.

I find I can't let go completely. It all seems to be a business of how much I can actually let go (in order to more fully grasp the other person) without actually losing myself completely... like clinging to a rock ledge with the least amount of grip possible without falling off. I'm terrified I think of losing myself completely, yet have to always go in deeper and deeper, to the very precipice of self-abandoment, in order to understand about the Other as much as possible. I want to "be them" as much as perfectly possible, without actually invading them or losing myself, in order to grasp them.

I always thought I would make a terrible hypnosis subject because of this. I can't quite consciously let go of my sense of inner awareness/self.
    X10

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I dunno. There's definitely energy involved, but I don't know if I would state it the way you did here; for me, it's more about diving deep into someone and forging some sort of mystical connection, and I guess maybe it is a desire to "merge" (and I know that intimate sex to me is the feeling of slipping into someone else's skin and having them slip into mine, simultaneously, so to speak)... but an intrisic part of me is the ethic of not possessing another human being, and merging comes dangerously close to that. I don't want to wipe out another identity, I can't allow that; I want to immerse myself in them and totally 'get them' but without overwriting them in any way. They have to remain distinct and other, unique, even if we become close enough "merge" in some way.

i like "mystical connection", that is a good way to put it.
    i can't help but be pulled in. when i start to loose my sense of self that is exciting to me, it energizes me to go deeper and deeper.
    where you want to go as far as possible without loosing yourself - i want to loose as much of myself as possible. i guess because i know i will always come back, in some way or another. i think when i am connecting with somebody i just push away my sense of self, because it is getting in my way.

i don't want to wipe out someone's identity either.
    i want to get so deeply drawn into a connection that we both willingly wipe out our own identities. but wipe-out is not the right word.
    i want to forget who i am. be unable to remember myself.

i think it is interesting you said you want to "be" the other person without loosing yourself. i don't want to be the other person or myself, i want to 'be the connection' between us. i want "us" to disappear for a while.

i think you being a 5 and me being a 9w8 or 8w9 makes us see the SX instinct very differently. it is cool how it all plays together.