User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Latching on, and sucking a person dry, which I think is what the others are talking about
    I mentioned this, but not in reference to SX-doms. I was talking about emotionally needy people (of any variant).
    I think people are getting a bit confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    SX has its place and can lead to people being able to talk about things that mean a lot to them or that they might not get to voice much of them time, so that they might feel known.
    Exactly. SXs are natural therapists.
    Why does the fact that I'm more interested in who you are rather than the colour of your nail-polish or what you had for breakfast make me some kind of parasite?

It can only conceivably be a negative thing if I plan to use it in a way that might hurt you. Or if I am crass and insensitive when you share something personal and make yourself vulnerable. If the connection is misused to exploit others for personal gain or ego gratification, that's an unhealthy/amoral SX, not a typical one. I like to push and test boundaries and I delight in being inappropriate, but I don't impose myself on people. Ick. If they are resistant I quickly lose interest.
    Introversion probably tempers the aggression of the SX drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I mentioned this, but not in reference to SX-doms. I was talking about emotionally needy people (of any variant).
    I think people are getting a bit confused...
    Yeah, I wasn't reading things fully and my stuff was based off of random bits I read from CzeCze, MacGuff, Lavos, and Tallulah.

I know I get into some of the unhealthier aspects here and there and it's a problem I'm working on, though difficult at times.

Why does the fact that I'm more interested in who you are rather than the colour of your nail-polish or what you had for breakfast make me some kind of parasite?

It can only conceivably be a negative thing if I plan to use it in a way that might hurt you. Or if I am crass and insensitive when you share something personal and make yourself vulnerable. If the connection is misused to exploit others for personal gain or ego gratification, that's an unhealthy/amoral SX, not a typical one. I like to push and test boundaries and I delight in being inappropriate, but I don't impose myself on people. Ick. If they are resistant I quickly lose interest.
    Therapist... I try to avoid that as much as I end up coming back to it; hopefully I'm applying it better now than I used to, though I'd need other frames of reference to know. I also don't like to feel like I'm imposing, it's like I'm hanging my dick out waiting to get it hacked off.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I also don't like to feel like I'm imposing, it's like I'm hanging my dick out waiting to get it hacked off.
    Um...yeah. I could see why that might be an imposition.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That, big-time.

I think the extroverts would have a much harder time not trying to engage people.

Exactly. SXs are natural therapists. Why does the fact that I'm more interested in who you are rather than the colour of your nail-polish or what you had for breakfast make me some kind of parasite?
    Honestly, yes -- why are we looked down on for not being obsessed by what are in some ways trivialities?

Again tonight I got yet another PM from someone here I don't know well yet (but will now, likely), who had heard from others that I listen well and wanted to know if I'd care to listen to something and give my perspective on it. They come to me, I don't typically go to them. And honestly, I love to do that -- it meets the needs of the person I'm listening to, and it also meets a deep need of mine, and it's mutual. When those things can sync up, it's a wonderful thing.

Why do people even get together, except that they meet each other mutual needs in some way?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Um...yeah. I could see why that might be an imposition.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9w1 sx/so

Sexual/Social

This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.

The central conflict for these Nines will still be in the realm of close intimate relationships and these Nines will have many of the same issues and challenges as the sexual/self-pres Nines.
    Fits me quite well.

From my experience, it seems like there are a lot of forum goers who are 5w4 or 4w5.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I like to push and test boundaries and I delight in being inappropriate, but I don't impose myself on people. Ick. If they are resistant I quickly lose interest.
    That doesn't strike me as a Sx thing, unless I've mistyped myself (with my history, who knows!) I'm Sp/So and I love to know who people really are and will push and probe to see that, and get satisfaction when they open up, what I don't do is reciprocate or "merge" with them. In a lot of ways an E5 looks rather conflicting with the Sx instinct and a number of things written in here sound more NT or E5 than strictly Sx.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    That doesn't strike me as a Sx thing, unless I've mistyped myself (with my history, who knows!) I'm Sp/So and I love to know who people really are and will push and probe to see that, and get satisfaction when they open up, what I don't do is reciprocate or "merge" with them. In a lot of ways an E5 looks rather conflicting with the Sx instinct and a number of things written in here sound more NT or E5 than strictly Sx.
    it seems to me like merging with people is a big SX thing.
    for me being SX is all about being synchronized with somebody. it is not knowing them from their details and their history and what they say, but feeling the power of a person. getting in touch with the force of a person and getting swept up in it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    67sx

Default SX!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    sp/sx 9w8
    Sx all the way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Perhaps. I do understand the merging thing though to the extent that I have a desire to actually "become" the other person. That is, I want to know how they experience the world from the inside. It compliments the E5 curiosity/thirst for knowledge, but it's an experiential thirst. That desire for detachment is abandoned, for once, or rather, there is a desire to detach from the self in the process of becoming the other. I don't however, often have a corresponding desire to be known, which can be a problem for me. Probably because I anticipate rejection. And I have no desire to be "joined at the hip" with anyone. I still need lots of space. The E5 fear of being overwhelmed by the needs of others is always in play.

This enneagram business is prolly all bullshit anyway.