User Tag List

Thread: SP/SX/SO?

Senior Member Array MiasmaResonance's Avatar
    5w? sp/sx

Default SP/SX/SO?

I was looking up a description of this, as I am an SP/SX/SO, and the following turned up:

These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson"

And also:

"Expression: wistful self-absorbed expression, sighing, magic is in their head

Energy: calm, steady energy expressed intensely, withdrawing
    Behavior: withdrawn, calm, wistful and self absorbed
    Mindset: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)

Examples: Alanis Morisette, Amelie (Amelie)"

Now, all of this seems VERY INFP to me.
    I'm having a hard time finding a description of anything INTP-like.
    Then again, I have not taken the test for this in some time.
    Any knowledge or opinions?
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

The description in the OP is just one of a typical strong introvert. It can be any introvert really (though less likely that it's an Fe-er).

In order to be in stronger alignment with INFP than INTP, the description would need to include some parallels with Fi, and I just don't see any parts that are exclusive to Fi.

I see Ji undertones, but I also see Pi; again, just dominant functions of any introvert.

9w8 sx/sp
    SEE Fi

Perhaps you should look up sp/sx for your specific type?
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

I think it's because the description uses a lot of 'feeling' words, e.g. earthly, mysterious, cherish, bonds, magic, etc. I think if you rewrite it to sound more 'technical', it can very well describe INTPs.