User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Subtypes/instinctual variants

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    6w7 sx/sp

9w8 Sx/So here!

This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.

The central conflict for these Nines will still be in the realm of close intimate relationships and these Nines will have many of the same issues and challenges as the sexual/self-pres Nines.

- How much does your subtype factor in the way you think of your type and others'?
    I know that I'am an Sx/So because when I read the descriptions of the sexual and social variants of others enneatype, I can recognize me in while even if I can relate al little with the description of the self-pres 9, I can't relate at all with the descriptions of the self-pres variant of the others enneatypes
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned Array

I'm pretty sure i'm an sp/sx.

I have for long had trouble trying to discern between instinctual variants (actually, the whole system) and my attachment style (quite avoidant).

But sp/sx seems to make sense to me.