• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Does having an overactive fantasy life point to sp, or away from sp?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Self preservational instinct seems at first to be all about pragmatics like food, shelter and safety etc...but what about the tendancy to retreat inside ones own head, that would be safety, yet it might prevent a person from looking after their physical self, which would be the stereotypical sp, this seems confusing...Can anybody clear this up please?

Kind Regards
FalseHeartDothKnow

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
One quality that distincts human life from every other life is the ability to change the being one calls self. A cat must always have his hunting instinct satisfied, a human can understand what are the exact basic conditions leading to a hunting instinct.

There is no factual evidence that would proof not looking for food, shelter and so on, on a regular basis does make for a bad self-preservational instinct. On the contrary, it could back in time have indeed created the first person to create tools to ease the hunt.

This is all highly speculative and if you make the leap to your question, I'ld just give you the advise to not get lost in non-scientific and never proveable mbti mambojumbo about a real world that if you want to explore it, you can do whether you are green, black or blue.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks, entropie, that's very inspirational, I wonder still, would it be possible for an sp dominant person to be a fantasist...Is that in essense a huge form of self-preservation, or does it make a person neglect him/herself?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Ah thanks, so fours can, it seems be sp fantasists....How about other types though, like 9 or 5, who have something quite airy/deep about them, for example, is their SP more prone to conserving the inner or outer physical self...Sorry for all these questions but until now SP seemed to me extremely physical, grounded and practical by the internet descriptions of it...SJ in MBTI terms, but now I'm trying to evaluate whether this is true or not.

Kind Regards
FalseHeartDothKnow

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ah thanks, so fours can, it seems be sp fantasists....

When I think about fantasy, there is definitely a strain of fantasy that focuses quite a bit on logistics as well as action. Just a "feeling" I get from some authors. Tolkien's works come to mind (he spends quite a bit of time on the Hobbits and their comfortable abodes and their 6 meals or more a day!) and Robert Jordan, where he describes practical things like characters taking baths, combing their hair, worrying about their clothes, etc.

This is all highly speculative...

:hi:

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm still slightly confused as to how some of the least practical people in the world can still be sp dominant, is there another facet to sp that I've missed? If sx and so are both relationship centred in some way, would that mean that regardless of how impractical a person may be, if they enjoyed a lot of solitude, they'd be sp dominant?