User Tag List

First 123 Last

Sexual ||||||||| 30%
    Social |||||||||||| 38%
    Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%

sp/so, then?

The Self-pres Stackings

sp/soc
    This type is generally private and reserved, and especially serious and practical minded in their focus to gain material security and in making useful connections that support their goals. When they do form a connection, loyalty is very important to them and they will not hesitate to end a relationship on grounds of disloyalty. This type may lack a certain degree of interpersonal warmth which can give the impression of coldness or disinterest in others, even a sense of selfishness. May be drawn to groups that attract like minded individuals, as in business clubs or volunteer organizations where a shared professional culture can facilitate social bonds. They tend to live conservatively and dress in an inconspicuously appropriate fashion befitting their status in life. May have a characteristically blunt and direct style of communication that can take others some getting used to. They are particularly strong in matters of commitment and sacrifice, and enjoy being the benefactors in assisting society's practical needs.

Motivation: to attain a position of material and societal security.

Familiar Roles: the businessperson, the responsible citizen, the pillar of society.

Examples: Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Martha Stewart, Harrison Ford

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson
    ^ copied from BC's website recommendation to understand the stackings better.

Hmm, I think the sp/sx resonates a bit more with me than the sp/so, but both don't quite hit the spot.

BC, thoughts?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Sexual ||||||||| 30%
    Social |||||||||||| 38%

sp/so, then?

^ copied from BC's website recommendation to understand the stackings better.

Hmm, I think the sp/sx resonates a bit more with me than the sp/so, but both don't quite hit the spot.

BC, thoughts?
    I honestly always thought sx/sp for you... it's weird that you'd test like that.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I honestly always thought sx/sp for you... it's weird that you'd test like that.
    What's the common stacking for 7w8s? Is there even a common stacking?

I checked out sx/sp, it actually resonates more with me than sp/so, at least (which was what my test result gave me). Quite weird, indeed.

Hmmm, sp/sx or sx/sp...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

That test is no good, as far as I know, instinct doesn't have much to do with love and relationships. Pretty sure I'm an sx and this is what I got:

Sexual ||||||||| 26%
    Social |||||||||||||||||| 54%
    Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 50%

Social is my lowest too.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What's the common stacking for 7w8s? Is there even a common stacking?

I checked out sx/sp, it actually resonates more with me than sp/so, at least (which was what my test result gave me). Quite weird, indeed.

Hmmm, sp/sx or sx/sp...
    There aren't common stackings. But I'd say sx first for you...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sexual |||||||||||||||||| 58%
    Social ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%

So wouldbe sp/so.
    But however when taking my enneagram into account, this seems much more accurate :
    Enneagram 4 Social/Self-pres

This subtype can mimic type One when it comes to social values. They can be harsh critics of the current mores. They have romantic ideals of what the world should be like; reality always falls short. Ironically, this type can be the most withdrawn of the Fours. Social anxiety combines with the Four's shame issues to make this type feel that the pressure associated with "fitting in" is just not worth it. They are also the most likely of the Fours to intellectualize their emotions and in this way resemble type Five.

The social instinct tends to give the personality a focus on being included, fitting in, or finding a way to make a valued contribution. This agenda conflicts with the Four's sense of being "different from" or "other than." The Four's need to establish a separate identity conflicts with the social instinct's drive towards inclusion. The social Four often deals with this dilemma by defining themselves as being outside the social system. By defining themselves always in terms of the system, even if it is to establish distance, this Four stays essentially tied to it. Fours with the social/self-pres stacking tend to acutely feel a sense of social shame at not quite belonging.

When this subtype is reasonably healthy, they are often gifted critics of the prevailing culture. They develop true insight into social dynamics and have an eye for the nuances and subtleties of social interactions. Many Four writers are soc/self.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

My problem with Sx/Sp for me is that I keep reading about a need for relationships, which I cannot relate to at all. However, I do not know if my need for independence and autonomy is sp related, or it's just the 5. I relate to the intensity of my interactions for sx, but not dependence on it. I relate to the strict separation of self for sp, but not the more protective and defensive aspects of the variant.

It's all very confusing!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Sexual ||||||||| 30%
    Social |||||||||||| 38%
    Sexual |||||||||||| 38%
    Social ||||||||| 30%

Freeeeeeeky!

I normally test as sp/so and could see sp/sx, sp/so, sx/sp or so/sp fitting for me, all I really know is sp is in there somewhere, I find this one too tough to narrow down.

This may help Q: Type 7 stackings

brainheart

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Social |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 50%
    uh.... a tie? Soxual?

Although I relate to this intensely (which sounds like a sexual type thing to say):

Social Fours: "Shame"
    Shame, as we use it here, means embarrassment, humiliation, and lack of self-respect.

I feel ashamed of not measuring up to my vision of the ideal: not being bright or creative enough, not contributing to humanity, or not having a fulfilling relationship.
    I die over each mistake or faux pas I make.
    I often feel inadequate socially and either try to pour on charm and confidence or blend into the woodwork.
    I'm always analyzing myself: Did I make myself understood? Did I sound stupid? Was I too aggressive? Was I too conciliatory?
    I have dreams of achieving tremendous status and recognition in order to get revenge on those who have put me down or laughed at me.
    I am very sensitive to being shamed or slighted. It devastates me to be excluded from a gathering or event that acquaintances or friends are attending.
    Sometimes I say things against myself to try to deflect envy.
    I feel less awkward when I fill a definite position in the group by demonstrating that I'm an authority on something or by making a strong statement about who I am by the way I dress.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Took this thing, just to see what I would get:
    Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
    Social ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
    Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%

Self-pres/Social

This subtype is the least volatile and fiery of the type Four stackings. They can resemble type One in terms of their efficiency and practicality. Although their focus will be more on the emotional aesthetic, these Fours do have a considerable practical side. Less flashy than some of the subtypes of Four, they nevertheless have a quiet charm and developed sense of style. They are likely to value their possessions, to perhaps collect items of personal emotional significance. They may, for instance, have shelves and shelves of books and have a place for each book. This subtype can also resemble type Six in terms of having a great deal of anxiety. This anxiety often revolves around self-pres concerns such as those surrounding health issues and mortality. Their strong self-pres instinct also lends a degree of independence to this subtype. As the sexual instinct is least pronounced, this subtype of Four is prone to romanticize intimacy without actually pursuing real relationships. When healthy, these Fours can be very productive; when less healthy they might suffer from boughts of melancholy or self pity. The strong self-pres instinct however often helps these individuals to recognize how their state of mind is impacting their health and well being. This enables them to become action oriented.
    Yeah, I'd say this works.

Self/Sexual

This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as "different from others," as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium.
    I definitely have a sensual relationship with the environment. If it isn't changing my desktop on the computer to reflect my mood, then it's the environment reminding me of a time period, clothing, artwork, piece of music, etc. I think I do crave a close relationship with others, just I feel different from them, I suppose.

Could this be an indication of being more sp/sx than sp/so?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche