User Tag List

123 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default How to distinguish Sx/Sp and Sx/So?

I have a hard time to distinguish them. I think I'am one among the both, but I can't decide wich is the one. I'm sure I'm a sexual 9, I've read that the sexual nine is called the "union" type and that's totally fit with me. The social nine is called the "peripheral participation" type who can like activity with group but to be disengaged at the same type and move toward asociability, and the self-pres 9 is called the "appetite" type. I think I fit more with the social variant. I'm the type of person, for example, who eats just because he's supposed to eat according to the social ritual. But who eat just what is necessary, and no more.

I've had some episodes of compulsive fooding, but I think it was more a form of narcotizing associated with excess (wing 8) rather than a real interest for material consumption. Actually, I think that I got bored for everithing associated with self-preservational stuff. I've doubt to have So in second rather than Sp because I'm clearly introvert, but there's some introvert So here (Bubbles, Ayo...), so I guess it does'nt matter. But I still a little hesitating, so I would be interesting with more details or information about differences between Sx/Sp and Sx/So.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Hey SpeedGavroche!

I am 7w8 sx/so.

I have no need for self preservation, it is what I do best by nature.
    Although I am no expert, I can tell you that for me, my primary modus operandi with regard to anything I do is to enjoy it. Whether work or play, I'm going to have a good time. That spills out into my drive for socialization.

I socialize for the love of interacting with people, learning new things from them, entertaining them, etc. I do not network as a means to try and aggrandize my social position in a hierarchy of some kind. That to me is the primary motive of someone who is "so" dominant. There is an alterior motive to their socialization, not just doing for the joy of being social.

BlackCat has some great Enneagram reference threads that might better clarify my bastardized summary of these concepts. But hopefully, they were of some utility, as they are examples of my implementation of my Enneagram stats.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I socialize for the love of interacting with people, learning new things from them, entertaining them, etc. I do not network as a means to try and aggrandize my social position in a hierarchy of some kind. That to me is the primary motive of someone who is "so" dominant. There is an alterior motive to their socialization, not just doing for the joy of being social.
    I know that type of person, Alex.
    It always pisses me off when I'm at charity events and some asshole will be "working the room,"
    rather than be there for the reason the rest of us are - to support the cause.
    I'm SX/SO, too.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It always pisses me off when I'm at charity events and some asshole will be "working the room,"
    I'm SX/SO, too.
    Hey Jag,

Those types NAUSEATE me.

It never ceases to amaze me how prevalent they are.

If you just pay attention to any crowd of people, those are the types most easily noticed. I can spot people sucking up a mile away. I can detect false enthusiasm and lack of sincerity immediately. Those behaviors are implemented very consistently, in my experience.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I'm SX/SO, too.
    Hey, hey, I'm an SX/SO, and I'm fully capable of *working the room,* but that doesn't mean I'm not there for the cause. I'm extremely passionate about the things I believe in, but dinners and whatnot are monetarily and socially based...just being there and bringing your passion and enthusiasm is the foundation. Interaction after that is purely preference.

OP,
    The easiest way for me to distinguish is by looking at what area is mostly likely to be neglected in your quest for your dominant instinct. That's just an easier way to look at myself.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    Hey, hey, I'm an SX/SO, and I'm fully capable of *working the room,* but that doesn't mean I'm not there for the cause.
    I understand that, as I am fully capable of "working the room" too, but choose not to do so. I am a man of action, I let my deeds speak for me. I have never been one to talk my way into social graces, it's just not my style, but if it works for you that's fine, I'm not hatin'.

I'm extremely passionate about the things I believe in, but dinners and whatnot are monetarily and socially based...just being there and bringing your passion and enthusiasm is the foundation.
    True, but I implement my bedazzling charm and personality for the benefit of the event, and not for my own self-aggrandizement. I am a mover and a shaker by nature, I am always that way, and if I choose to use my powers as such for purposes of a charitable event or function of a similar kind, it is about the cause, and not me.

Interaction after that is purely preference.
    All interaction is preference, isn't it?
    It's the motive behind it that really defines it, right?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

Hey, hey, I'm an SX/SO, and I'm fully capable of *working the room,* but that doesn't mean I'm not there for the cause.
    I think you and I have different definitions of, "working a room."
    The whole point of attending a benefit is to raise money for the cause.
    That cause is not designed to fatten your own wallet.

Now if your idea of "working a room," is purely social in context with no intent to benefit financially, then I don't really care.
    I've seen enough, "Daaaaaaaahling how aaaaaaah you's" to last me a lifetime.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Now if your idea of "working a room," is purely social in context with no intent to benefit financially, then I don't really care.
    This is what I was trying to say.

Exactly. It's just so much easier to grab people randomly and start ballroom dancing with them while tqalking instead of gratuitous verbal jib-jab.

ALSO:

Social Variant
    "People of the social variant prefer to be in groups or teams. They are more interested than the other subtypes in the position that they and others have in a group, and are consequently concerned with status. Wanting to be accepted, they try to fit in and be nice."

Ummm...that's definitely not me.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

Exactly. It's just so much easier to grab people randomly and start ballroom dancing with them while tqalking instead of gratuitous verbal jib-jab.
    I'll leave the ballroom dancing to you.
    Might those balls be gerbil balls?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

All interaction is preference, isn't it?
    It's the motive behind it that really defines it, right?
    Of course!
    Let me rephrase that.
    I don't particularly care what your motive is, as long as the higher purpose is being served. Obviously I wouldn't want to work with someone who has unrelated, personal motives that would be detrimental to the cause, but when it comes to events, I couldn't care less. If you want to come because the menu sounds good, fine. If you want to come because you really want that trip to Jamaica they're auctioning off, fine. If you're there because you like to salsa, fine. If you're there to alleviate some guilt from you childhood, go ahead. If you're there some empathetic energy that needs to be relieved, whatever. And if you're there to meet someone who could expand your business, have at it! The point is to raise money, and as long as your activities don't hinder that...we're good.
    All that probably stems from the fact that I don't believe in truly selfless acts for the most part - I just see that society favors certain motives behind the acts as more honorable, or some are more subtle and, therefore, attract less attention.

But, I do see where intentions can make the difference. Some people work tirelessly for the greater good - including themselves, and others work tirelessly for their own good and when others benefit, it's purely a coincidence.
    I'm sort of a vessel for enthusiasm in social situations I care about. I pick up excitement and ideas and passion from people and bond with them over it, and then I have the insatiable need to spread it to others and just, I don't know, enthuse with others. And I think some people may view that as somewhat shallow behavior from a distance, but that's just how I operate. And I probably wouldn't hesitate to get the phone number of someone I met that could possibly benefit me outside of my social world, but I can't imagine going anywhere un-business-related solely for that reason. That just goes against who I am.

What a random topic.

I love me some movers and shakers, by the way! They get me moving and shaking instantaneously!

I think you and I have different definitions of, "working a room."
    The whole point of attending a benefit is to raise money for the cause.
    That cause is not designed to fatten your own wallet.

Alright, we're cool then.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2