Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I have a hard time to distinguish them. I think I'am one among the both, but I can't decide wich is the one. I'm sure I'm a sexual 9, I've read that the sexual nine is called the "union" type and that's totally fit with me. The social nine is called the "peripheral participation" type who can like activity with group but to be disengaged at the same type and move toward asociability, and the self-pres 9 is called the "appetite" type. I think I fit more with the social variant. I'm the type of person, for example, who eats just because he's supposed to eat according to the social ritual. But who eat just what is necessary, and no more.

I've had some episodes of compulsive fooding, but I think it was more a form of narcotizing associated with excess (wing 8) rather than a real interest for material consumption. Actually, I think that I got bored for everithing associated with self-preservational stuff. I've doubt to have So in second rather than Sp because I'm clearly introvert, but there's some introvert So here (Bubbles, Ayo...), so I guess it does'nt matter. But I still a little hesitating, so I would be interesting with more details or information about differences between Sx/Sp and Sx/So.
    to answer your question though, Sx/So tends to be more gregarious and Sx/Sp more withdrawn, brooding and, from my observations, tends to have a "dark" energy to them. Sx/So types are also more "caution to the wind"

I think you are Sx/So. you seem like you would prefer a very "sex drugs and rock n' roll" lifestyle where you didn't have to worry or care about survival.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Speed, you're one of us. You smell sx-so.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblyjack View Post
    @Speed Gavroche

Sx/So vs. Sx/Sp (to the death? )...

Note: These are relative comparisons and they are exaggerated for comparative clarity.

1. Freedom
    Sx/Sp's believe in freedom. And they don't just believe in it as an abstract concept, but in reality. They don't want to be held down, confined, restricted, or contained. But then there's the problem of their siren, their drug, their love...an Sx/Sp would sell their soul to merge with their object of desire (be it a person, idea, or whatever). They will tirelessly fight off all other chains placed on them, but they will willingly don the handcuffs binding them to their love. The Sx/Sp ideal is to run away with their love and leave all the world behind.

Sx/So's will not do this. Freedom is too precious to surrender, even to the object of their deepest affection. The Sx/So ideal is not to run away but to stand and fight, tearing down the walls and breaking all chains. Their siren, their drug, their love...this is the greatest chain of them all. They have a strong desire to merge and yet are compelled to at least put up a token resistance.

2. Means to an End
    The Sx/Sp places their hopes for fulfillment of their primary instinct (and ultimately, their survival) in their personal qualities and attributes: attractiveness, charisma, skills, abilities, success, wealth, status, etc. When things don't work out, this can leave an Sx/Sp feeling self-conscious. This gives Sx/Sp's an aire of self absorption and, in some cases, fatalism.

The Sx/So places these hopes in their cunning, cleverness, and ability to make the right choices and decisions. When things don't work out, an Sx/So may wonder what they could have done differently to have more success. This makes Sx/So's come off as enterprising masters of their own destiny.

Let's take seduction as an example: an Sx/Sp focuses on seeming desirable and attractive, an Sx/So focuses on saying the right things and acting the right way.

3. Romantic Relationships
    Both Sexual types exhibit a push-and-pull dynamic. The Sx/Sp's version of this is the classic iteration: intense, passionate desire suddenly becomes too intense and Sx/Sp pulls away to protect themselves, only to have the desire return again.

The Sx/So push-and-pull is an internal one: drawn in with some hesitation, drawn closer, maybe pull back a little, still drawn in. It doesn't look as extreme as the Sx/Sp dynamic because the Sx/So doesn't completely surrender to their desire.

As a result, an Sx/Sp is going to be more all-or-none in relationships, either on out on the sand or drowning in the depths...possibly bouncing back-and-forth between the two with the tides. An Sx/So will be more balanced and stable in their relationships, preferring to wade in the shallows.

Additionally, an Sx/So has a much greater problem with partners that seem clingy or smothering. This is encroaches too greatly on their freedom. An Sx/Sp won't have a problem with this in itself (and may even like it); their greater concern is the desirability of their partner. Extreme closeness with a confident and secure partner is Sx/Sp heaven, with an insecure partner it's hell.
    I'm sx/sp and yes to all of this. I've described myself as an all or nothing person. That fits very well.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@Bumblyjack

that is a perfect description of sx/sp and sx/so...and it just re-confirms that I'm sx/sp and I can easily compare myself to someone who I know who is sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

sx/so get along with sp/sx better than sx/sp. In the later case it's too much of the same thing? But sx/so can recharge and calm down around sp/sx's.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    sx/so get along with sp/sx better than sx/sp. In the later case it's too much of the same thing? But sx/so can recharge and calm down around sp/sx's.
    But the intensity between sx-sp and sx-so...
    You are right though, sp-sxs are a nice way to recharge your batteries as an sx-so. My partner is sp-sx which works well long term, I have to say. More of a steady, warm flame, instead of an insane inferno

Any sx-sos feel like when sx-sos get combined together it somehow becomes too..I wanna say too sweet, like too sugary and needs a bit of a tang...like some tangy sp?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblyjack View Post
    @Speed Gavroche

Sx/So vs. Sx/Sp (to the death? )...

Note: These are relative comparisons and they are exaggerated for comparative clarity.

1. Freedom
    Sx/Sp's believe in freedom. And they don't just believe in it as an abstract concept, but in reality. They don't want to be held down, confined, restricted, or contained. But then there's the problem of their siren, their drug, their love...an Sx/Sp would sell their soul to merge with their object of desire (be it a person, idea, or whatever). They will tirelessly fight off all other chains placed on them, but they will willingly don the handcuffs binding them to their love. The Sx/Sp ideal is to run away with their love and leave all the world behind.

Sx/So's will not do this. Freedom is too precious to surrender, even to the object of their deepest affection. The Sx/So ideal is not to run away but to stand and fight, tearing down the walls and breaking all chains. Their siren, their drug, their love...this is the greatest chain of them all. They have a strong desire to merge and yet are compelled to at least put up a token resistance.

2. Means to an End
    The Sx/Sp places their hopes for fulfillment of their primary instinct (and ultimately, their survival) in their personal qualities and attributes: attractiveness, charisma, skills, abilities, success, wealth, status, etc. When things don't work out, this can leave an Sx/Sp feeling self-conscious. This gives Sx/Sp's an aire of self absorption and, in some cases, fatalism.

The Sx/So places these hopes in their cunning, cleverness, and ability to make the right choices and decisions. When things don't work out, an Sx/So may wonder what they could have done differently to have more success. This makes Sx/So's come off as enterprising masters of their own destiny.

Let's take seduction as an example: an Sx/Sp focuses on seeming desirable and attractive, an Sx/So focuses on saying the right things and acting the right way.

3. Romantic Relationships
    Both Sexual types exhibit a push-and-pull dynamic. The Sx/Sp's version of this is the classic iteration: intense, passionate desire suddenly becomes too intense and Sx/Sp pulls away to protect themselves, only to have the desire return again.

The Sx/So push-and-pull is an internal one: drawn in with some hesitation, drawn closer, maybe pull back a little, still drawn in. It doesn't look as extreme as the Sx/Sp dynamic because the Sx/So doesn't completely surrender to their desire.

As a result, an Sx/Sp is going to be more all-or-none in relationships, either on out on the sand or drowning in the depths...possibly bouncing back-and-forth between the two with the tides. An Sx/So will be more balanced and stable in their relationships, preferring to wade in the shallows.

Additionally, an Sx/So has a much greater problem with partners that seem clingy or smothering. This is encroaches too greatly on their freedom. An Sx/Sp won't have a problem with this in itself (and may even like it); their greater concern is the desirability of their partner. Extreme closeness with a confident and secure partner is Sx/Sp heaven, with an insecure partner it's hell.
    nice...thanks bumblyjack!

you should post more! this was really helpful!

oh...and yeah sx/sp feels right
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@Bumblyjack - Absolutely, great descriptions.

To be cliche about it, Sx/So doesn't have the ability to abandon ship entirely because we don't want to be out of the loop.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

6w7 Sx/Sp vs 6w7 Sx/So: Angelina Jolie vs Milla Jovovich

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

8w9 Sx/Sp vs 8w9 Sx/So: Johnny Cash vs James Brown

7w8 Sx/Sp vs 7w8 Sx/So: Joe perry vs Steven Tyler

9w8 Sx/Sp vs 9w8 Sx/So: Janet Jackson vs Paula Abdul

Now I let you analyze the differences.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan